home/help needed!

For anything to do with rat care that doesn't fit into any of the sections above!
linda pedersen

home/help needed!

Post by linda pedersen » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:23 am

i have a male rat his about 6 months old,very kind,would never bite,and really funny!
i always had rats since a was little..but since a bought maximillian now in older days i have become alergic,witch i did not know when i bought him.
i love him so much,and i dont whant to give him away,but i dont know iff there is other ways??

Jembean

Re: home/help needed!

Post by Jembean » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:57 am

Personally I would rehome him since he's on his own anyway and rats really need ratty company - unless you are prepared to get a couple of babies to keep him company :)
You can send the rehoming template (somewhere in the rehoming section :oops:) to Fancy Rats Admin if you choose to do that.
Jem, half of Comis Stud - not currently breeding
Don't say the e-word :wink:

googoodoll

Re: home/help needed!

Post by googoodoll » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:45 pm

Get an allergy reliever from Lloyds Pharmacy. Since I've been using this my allergies are pretty non-existent now. I can even kiss my ratties without streaming eyes and sneezing marathons! It was probably stupid to kiss them with my allergies but it was worth it! I used to have to wear a mask when I was cleaning them out as well because it became pretty unbearable, but now it's easy. I highly recommend it to anyone with allergies, I've kept rats since I was a kid so there was no way I was stopping just because I developed an annoying allergy to them. I put up with the sneezing for about five years, but I loved the ratties too much and just grinned and beared it! People think I'm nuts but eh.
Mum to: Sebastian, Sidney, Jacob and Jared.

R.I.P. to all who have come before, about 40 now, particularly Eddie, the most recent, who died of a stroke in my arms, and Ollie, my first ever rat who lived to the grand old age of four and a half.