More fancy rats in the park :(

For anything to do with rat care that doesn't fit into any of the sections above!
little_rat_lover

Re: More fancy rats in the park :(

Post by little_rat_lover » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:15 am

Just thought I'd update, let everyone know my pair of ikkle girlies are doing well :dumbo: :hearts:

They've met the adults a couple of times via me opening doors and letting them explore/meet the adults (thankfully none of mine are territorial so I'll do lazy intros :oops: ), still a bit shocked by the big adults and want to be able to come back to me, this evening Farren did decide one of my girls and stumpy (fairly big adult male, although very low in hierachy he's like 5x her size) were NOT allowed to pin her :o I have a feeling they may be going in slightly higher up the hierarchy than you'd expect from babies! They didn't argue with my more dominant adults but were definitely weren't interested in being near the bottom either :love: My previous babies have all gone in submitting to everyone!

Depending how they carry on I may try and pop them in at the weekend :D

It's a bit complicated as my hierarchy has gone a bit haywire currently as one of my baby boys (you know, at now 9.. no 10 months! Vodka) appears to be rising up the hierarchy, he and wiggy keep arguing, it looks like he may be my top boy soon :o Which means I have more dominance arguments than normal currently. Not sure if the new rats are why or just ages really, but it does mean I'm being slightly more cautious with intros than normal.
Mummy to Chrissy, Bramble, Amber, Vodka, Riley, Monkey, Stumpy, Princess, Mr Arthur Wiggins, Pixie and Farren.

RIP: Rambo, Rue, Dill, Coconut, Faith Mischief and Bonnie.

emmad1982

Post by emmad1982 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:47 pm

I am happy to say..... I am now the proud mummy to Indy!! She is such a lovely little girl! I didnt realise she was soooo small! She really didnt look like this in her other pics on here!! lol
Anyway, she has now happily moved in with my group. They were very accepting of her, I think because she is so young, they just took her under their wing! I think she is enjoying all of the interesting sights and smells in the cage, she never sits still for very long! (saying that, she is snuggled in into a big chunky group right now!)
Here are some pics of her. Not many good ones as she is very speedy!!

Please excuse Charley in this one!
Mum to Hepburn, Captain Jack, Toshiko, Indy, Grace, Penny, Mick, Henry, Castiel & Zachariah
< :3 )~~
:rainbow: To all my babies at the bridge. Mummy loves you and will never forget you xxx :hearts:

Amzy

Post by Amzy » Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:55 pm

emmad1982 wrote: She really didnt look like this in her other pics on here!! lol
*looks over at Stormsmuggler* :wink:
Amy&the girls: Mary Miffy Lily Cupcake Lucky Pickle Dina Seven Fortune Rowena Tianna Leila Aurora Enya Texalina Kiara :dumbogirly: & the boys!: Heinz Branston Hellmans & Dave
Aunty to 30 & Half-Mum to 4 :hearts:

KatieJ

Post by KatieJ » Thu Nov 25, 2010 4:39 pm

Awww, little Indie :hearts: Thank you so much for the update. I was trying to sit on my hands and not email to ask how everything was going! I'm glad intros went smoothly. Now you'll just have to fatten her up ;) I wonder if she'll ever get any longer though? I checked, double and triple checked to make sure I wasn't bringing you one of the babies instead of Inds, they're pretty much of a size now! Does she have a best friend yet?
::Katie::
~Wisdom~Bounty~Sparrow~Sunshine~Arfur~Wilson~Deeks~Oakie~

Suefx

Post by Suefx » Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:08 pm

Indie looks fab.....lovely pix..... :love:

Just to say that Indies Minky daughter who's staying with me at the moment is loving being with her Aunty and cousins, as is Lucky's Minky hoody girl......it's amazing how they've all become close and I have to look twice now to see who's who as they've all grown, except the hoody of course, that's obvious....even to me :rollred:

xxxxx
Owned by; Scarlet, Minnie, Boo, Evie, Autumn, Leafy
Sadly missed; Bijou and Pumba together forever in ratty heavenx

emmad1982

Post by emmad1982 » Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:51 pm

No best friend yet, but she is snuggled up with my other black hoody dumbo (Gwen) and my Silver Fawn hoody Grace. Occasionally Brodie (Black hoody) will get a cuddle, the rest of the time she is pinging around the cage! At the moment she just seems to enjoy being snuggled up with the big fatties! Harrison and Captain Jack have literally just gone over and piled ontop! :lol:
Mum to Hepburn, Captain Jack, Toshiko, Indy, Grace, Penny, Mick, Henry, Castiel & Zachariah
< :3 )~~
:rainbow: To all my babies at the bridge. Mummy loves you and will never forget you xxx :hearts:

NickyE

Post by NickyE » Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:01 pm

Tempest is here and he and a black hoody I've been calling Wills are staying with Jack & Kembali. Jack & Wills will go back to Amy then onto their new home.

Jack is amazing. When we put all 4 boys in together Wills was being scared so I said "Oh Jack, go and see him, cheer the little one up". Jack was the other side of the cage but bounded across, onto the hammock and started grooming Wills :hearts: He really does seem to know what I'm saying as that's not the first or last time he's done stuff like that. His new mummy is getting a very special boy :D

Kembali & Tempest are wonderful too of course and already good friends
Cats Steffi Mac
<3 Shadow Noodles Ripley Halle Tia Kembali Tempest River Riley Finn Huxley Lucian
@Bridge cats BorisBillieMo :rainbow: PerdyMittsMrPobZemmiMannyAimeeFlossLucyLiuFargoRiddickMegan MelodyMonkeyImogenBrennaDannyNewtTurkMurphy Miss U :cry:

KatieJ

Post by KatieJ » Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:29 pm

So much happiness all in one thread :D I've become just as addicted to this thread lately as I was to begin with to see who has posted updates now everyone is going to their new homes :hearts:
::Katie::
~Wisdom~Bounty~Sparrow~Sunshine~Arfur~Wilson~Deeks~Oakie~

Suefx

Post by Suefx » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:05 pm

You know, these little park rats have enriched so many lives, rodent and human !!! ..... :hearts: :love: :hearts:

Lillyland

Post by Lillyland » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:50 pm

My baby girl is coming to me on Xmas eve, thanks to Pineappletastic (and whoever ends up taking the first leg of the journey - i'll publicly thank you when i know! :lol: :lol: )
She will be called Kismet, and i will spoil her rotten :hearts: :love:

Lynda

Post by Lynda » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:34 pm

Just to say that I have one of Chelsea's "mini muffins" here - Mink de Ville, plus another two that were born in the park - DJ and Baby. All 3 are doing just fine. DJ and Baby are still quite shy, but Mink is just a total horror - all over the place and has taken to my OH like you wouldn't believe. Proper little Daddy's boy lol. They send rattie kisses to all their relatives :love:
Lynda, with her boys the Park Babies Mink de Ville, DJ, Baby and Lightning. Sparky the syrian hammy. Rosie theTarantula. And the Tropical Fishies. Not forgetting Hellstorm Cloud. Forever in my heart, my beautiful boy xx

indigoj

Post by indigoj » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:39 pm

My two will be staying with Lilly for Christmas, (thanks to Pineappletastic, other rat-train angels and to Lilly) I'm fairly sure I'm having 2 mink girls one each from Faith and Indie's litters (Raz knows for certain what is what lol)

They will be called Atomic and Rapture and hopefully will get on with the mischevious lot I have who managed to break out of the explorer this morning! I am of course ridiculously excited :lol:
9 Roans-Comet,Luna,Selene,Twinkle,Hobbit,Evey,Echo,Flash,Splash.2 Black Berkie-Elara,Perdita,2 Black Rex-Lola,Sofia,1 PEW- Tinkerbell,2 Siamese-Saffron,Daisy,2 Half Wild- Indigo,Imbrium, and 2 Parkies-Mink Dumbo-Atomic,Rapture

Lillyland

Post by Lillyland » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:32 am

indigoj wrote:My two will be staying with Lilly for Christmas, (thanks to Pineappletastic, other rat-train angels and to Lilly) I'm fairly sure I'm having 2 mink girls one each from Faith and Indie's litters (Raz knows for certain what is what lol)

They will be called Atomic and Rapture and hopefully will get on with the mischevious lot I have who managed to break out of the explorer this morning! I am of course ridiculously excited :lol:
Awesome names! And they get to spend christmas with a Blondie! Even better! :lol:

Suefx

Post by Suefx » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:08 am

Lillyland wrote:My baby girl is coming to me on Xmas eve, thanks to Pineappletastic (and whoever ends up taking the first leg of the journey - i'll publicly thank you when i know! :lol: :lol: )
She will be called Kismet, and i will spoil her rotten :hearts: :love:
I think that'll probably be me :D

I have Indie's minkie girl with me and Autumns lot and more babies are coming up to me next weekend......so everyone's in 'place' for the first leg of the epic journey North :D .....the logistics are like planning a military operation..... :o ...but good fun too !!!

So ! Once Raz and Amzy have been to me, I will take photos of the North-bound girls .... :D

Suefx

Post by Suefx » Fri Nov 26, 2010 8:12 am

indigoj wrote:My two will be staying with Lilly for Christmas, (thanks to Pineappletastic, other rat-train angels and to Lilly) I'm fairly sure I'm having 2 mink girls one each from Faith and Indie's litters (Raz knows for certain what is what lol)

I have Indie's girl staying with me, she's gorgeous and a real character, very lively and fun and has settled with the others really well so intros ought to be easy :D

I'll try to put a photo up for you later :D

x