What should I call her?

For anything to do with rat care that doesn't fit into any of the sections above!

What should I call her?

Tarka
48%
Flo (short for Flo-ella)
10%
Flo (short for Flora)
28%
Another flower name (please state what flower)
10%
Other (please state)
3%

Total votes: 29

Sasha

What should I call her?

Post by Sasha » Fri May 13, 2005 12:13 pm

My newest husky girl, who doesn't have a name yet. I want something girly, but it has to go with my other girls names (Molly, Lily, Rosie, Poppy, Tilly, and 3 new girls coming in August to be called Violet, Hazel and another name I haven't decided on yet).

Here she is...

aquajen9

Post by aquajen9 » Fri May 13, 2005 12:17 pm

Fleur
Daisy
Liatris :love:
Leilani (heavenly flower child)
Primrose
Tansy(meaning name of a flower)
Violet
Hyacinth

:D

edited to add - you're naming one of the new girls violet.. i knew that :oops: :lol:
Jenna and the rats of Hakuna Matata
Hakuna Matata Rattery Breeding for Black Eyed and Ruby Eyed Siamese, Russian Blue and Black. Some Dumbo and Rex.. Agouti Variegated and Topaz Variegated.

Moonhead

Post by Moonhead » Fri May 13, 2005 12:32 pm

I'm obsessed with the name Dilys at the moment! Sounds like an old lady's names when you first say it, then you notice it's actually very sweet! Or so I think anyway! Oh if only I had girls... ;)

If you dont like Dilys, then Daisy is nice like aquajen said, I like the name Tarka, but it's a bit hmmm masculine compared to your other girly names :) Flo is cute (short for Flora).
:dumbo: Dexter :smileyrat: Tolly (Ptolemy)
:smileyrat: Jumsie

posie

Post by posie » Fri May 13, 2005 12:45 pm

i like old ladies names too - my favorites are gladis or phillis! and dorothy is fun too!!

Sasha

Post by Sasha » Fri May 13, 2005 12:55 pm

I've tried out some names on her and I think I've *almost* defnitely decided on Tansy (though no-one except me will ever be able to remember which one has which name :roll: ), and I'll save the name Flo for my siamese dumbo who's coming in August with Violet and Hazel. :love:

Fat_Rat

Post by Fat_Rat » Fri May 13, 2005 1:02 pm

Tansy is very sweet but won't it get confusing as i see you already have a Tandy????! I like Tarka, go with Tarka!
Amanda the ratless
:rainbow: 30 Angels Never Forgotten

Help END bear bile farming

Sasha

Post by Sasha » Fri May 13, 2005 1:05 pm

I don't have a Tandy, I was trying to type Tansy into my signature and managed to get in a muddle with the keyboard, as usual. :oops:

I might go with Tarka actually, I don't think it sounds masculine but a couple of other people do, so I'm not sure. It's basically between Tansy and Tarka now, or any other good names you guys can come up with. :D

kandi
Banned

Re: What should I call her?

Post by kandi » Fri May 13, 2005 1:09 pm

Sasha wrote:My newest husky girl, who doesn't have a name yet. I want something girly, but it has to go with my other girls names (Molly, Lily, Rosie, Poppy, Tilly, and 3 new girls coming in August to be called Violet, Hazel and another name I haven't decided on yet).

Here she is...

wispa or willow :D

Sasha

Post by Sasha » Fri May 13, 2005 1:16 pm

Kandi - that's spooky, I was just about to post that I'd suddenly thought Willow would be a good name for her, and you had just written it there, as I was about to post!

It's now between Tansy, Tarka and Willow, I've tried all of them on her and they seem to suit her equally well! I've never had this much trouble with names before, any suggestions?

Paddi1975

Post by Paddi1975 » Fri May 13, 2005 1:26 pm

I'll tell you what is spooky. One of my little uns is called Willow and she is the image of yours! Go with Willow!

xxhurryupxx

Post by xxhurryupxx » Fri May 13, 2005 1:53 pm

I Love the names Myrtle, Alfalfa and Agatha.
Out the one's suggested already I would go for Willow. :D

Poppy :girly: Sybill :girly: Rita :girly: Luna :girly: Hermione :olddoe:
Oscar :teen: Neville :teen: Ron :teen: Rupert :teen: & Dudley :teen:

tanyamw

Post by tanyamw » Fri May 13, 2005 2:22 pm

I vote for Tarka. I love the name- hence one of our mink dumbo hoodie girls has the name :lol: :lol:

<---------Far left rattie is our Tarka :hearts:
Ratty Mummy to Castiel Silvermoon,Timotheus Edwardus,Bumble,Bilbo Baggins,Frodo Baggins,Oscar,Elmo,Milo,Maverick,Jester,Chuck,Levi,Morgan and Volkoff.

Not forgetting those at the bridge.

muppettdog

Post by muppettdog » Fri May 13, 2005 2:35 pm

Did you know that the name Tarka means....little water wanderer....

I really should have named my dog this as she heads for every muddy puddle & every smelly ditch she can find :)

L x
Halcyon Rats of Lowestoft Suffolk

http://halcyonrats.weebly.com/

aquajen9

Post by aquajen9 » Fri May 13, 2005 2:35 pm

muppettdog wrote:Did you know that the name Tarka means....little water wanderer....

aha - hence Tarka the otter!!! :lol:
Jenna and the rats of Hakuna Matata
Hakuna Matata Rattery Breeding for Black Eyed and Ruby Eyed Siamese, Russian Blue and Black. Some Dumbo and Rex.. Agouti Variegated and Topaz Variegated.

Sasha

Post by Sasha » Fri May 13, 2005 2:49 pm

Right, I have finally decided on a name - Tarka. I think Tansy is a lovely name but it doesn't seem to suit her quite as much, I think it's a bit *too* girly, and Willow does suit her but I don't think it goes with Tilly very well, so Tarka it is. Of course the irony in it is that she's not a little water wanderer at all - she's the first rat I've ever had who hates baths! :roll: :lol: