problem

For anything to do with rat care that doesn't fit into any of the sections above!

When should i get them?

Poll ended at Sun Jun 26, 2005 2:47 pm

Before holiday
4%
After holiday
92%
other please tell me down below
4%

Total votes: 24

smudge35

problem

Post by smudge35 » Mon Jun 06, 2005 2:47 pm

i will be getting my rats in the summer holidays (at school still :()and i was wondering when it would be best to get them as i will be going on holiday for two weeks but then when i come back i will only have one week until i go back to school.
so what i am really saying should i get them before i go on holiday which will be 4 weeks with them as i can spend time settling them in or get them after holiday when i only have one week for them to settle them in?? as could they get depressed if I leave them to soon?
thanks in advance and sorry its sooo long :lol:
From the not so iccle boys:
Gandalf and Alfie
:rainbow: George and Smudge

24_carrot_gold
Location: Among my bunnies in Hampshire, with a rampaging dog and two cheeky ratties!

Post by 24_carrot_gold » Mon Jun 06, 2005 3:10 pm

I would get them after, it saves finding people to look after them and also as it would be the first few weeks of getting to know them I think it mght be best if you got them when you came back- then they'd have undivided attention for the week and when you went back to school they'd get used to the routine and still be handled daily.
:dumbo: Black Death 'Blackie'- The Siamese snugglepup!

:smiley: Archemedes 'Archie' - Topaz Hooded

:smiley: Tiggy - Agouti Hooded

Becky1

Post by Becky1 » Mon Jun 06, 2005 3:23 pm

I agree with 24_carrot_gold, I'd get them after your holiday. You can spend the last week of your school holiday spoiling them and getting used to each other. When you go back to school they will be waiting eagerly for you to return home and play with them. But your parents may have other ideas - homework first then ratty time!! (Parents are boring like that!!)
Becky & Cynthia Dolores Rita Esther Eve Harriet Hattie.

Sleep well those before them, you may be gone...but you're never forgotten :rainbow:

racingrat

Post by racingrat » Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:12 pm

I agree. Holiday first, Rats when you return! It makes the most sense to me.
Of all the people I have known-he was the most...human. (In Loving Memory of Winston)

ShadowRat

Post by ShadowRat » Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:31 pm

After. And, just curiously, any names planned? I love seeing different people's rat names. ^^

luggage16

Post by luggage16 » Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:46 pm

How about convincing your parents you should get them soon and taking on a couple of the rescue rats on the rescue and rehoming board? I'm sure there are still adtrader rescues which need homes and these have been well handled so would make good pets

smudge35

Post by smudge35 » Tue Jun 07, 2005 7:30 pm

[quote="ShadowRat"]After. And, just curiously, any names planned? I love seeing different people's rat names. ^^[/quote]
I do and they are Smudge and george :D
[quote="Luggage16] taking on a couple of the rescue rats on the rescue and rehoming board?[/quote]
well I have found a rescue, but if i can get them earlier them i might try here!
From the not so iccle boys:
Gandalf and Alfie
:rainbow: George and Smudge