What's in a name?

For anything to do with rat care that doesn't fit into any of the sections above!

What is a good name for her

Miecy(original name)
45%
Penelope
31%
Lydia
24%

Total votes: 29

BrokenFish

What's in a name?

Post by BrokenFish » Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:50 am

I am trying to decide what to call my little PEW rescue doe. I have had a few doe names rolling around in my head, but I just don't know if I shoud call per Miecy (her current name that her preivious owners named her) or one of the other names. I don't think she knows her name. I thought she did at first, but she is just really responsive to my voice. Anyway this is her if it helps!

:hearts: Me, :girly: Izabelle, Miecy, Penelope, Pi & Blossom :oldbuck: Spot & Gibbs :smileyrat: Stuart, Oliver, Alexander, & Simon, Manny, Oscar, & Gilroy; :baby: Trout & Pickle

joolzratbag

Post by joolzratbag » Sat Aug 20, 2005 7:17 am

I like Miecy :) I presume it's pronounced 'meecey'?
~Joolz~
Bonny :dumbogirly: Annee :dumbogirly:
RIP all those before them <:3 )~~~
Rat Health

Sasha

Post by Sasha » Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:00 am

I think she looks like a Penelope... but Miecy suits her too... I can't decide. :lol:

Bobby and Fleks

Names

Post by Bobby and Fleks » Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:58 pm

I voted for Miecy - I just can't chage my rescue rats names as I don't want to confuse them! I was dead set on getting a little girl called Lilly, but when I found her in the rescue centre she was called Clover, so Clover it was. I didn't even get to name my first rat, who was from a pet shop, the girl who worked there had become quite attached to him and had called him Flecks because of the flecks of black in his fur and his white feet, all I could do was give it a querky spelling of 'Fleks' to make him sound a bit cool!

On another note I like your froggy hammock etc.. Have you got all towelling in your cage? Or just on top levels? They look really cosy in there :lol:
Catch you later! Bobby, Fleks :smileyrat: and Clover :girly:

Gabby

Post by Gabby » Sat Aug 20, 2005 2:57 pm

Oh, call her Piddles! Such a cute name! It sprung to my mind as soon as I saw her!
The cartoon adventures of the Rodent Rebels http://www.rodentrebels.com
Love from Cosmo, Digby, Qixl, Tesla, Mungo and Alan http://www.vermin-realm.com
Bow down to me for I am Gabby, ender of threads!

BrokenFish

Post by BrokenFish » Sat Aug 20, 2005 5:10 pm

He he Piddles is a cute name.

Miecy is Pronounces Meecey like you thought Joolz! :) Her prev. Ownmr thought she looked like a little white mouse...mice meece...meecey

Thanks Bobby and Fleks for the compliment. I do have fleece on all the levels in the big cage. I think it looks cozy too. This summer they have really enjoyed moving it so they can lay on the cool laminated wood! Fleece is great becuase it's soft, pretty durable, machine washable, and it doesn't fray, so I don't have to hem the edges!!(or the inevitable holes).

Still no decision on the name. I think it might be too late, Miecy may have stuck!

'
:hearts: Me, :girly: Izabelle, Miecy, Penelope, Pi & Blossom :oldbuck: Spot & Gibbs :smileyrat: Stuart, Oliver, Alexander, & Simon, Manny, Oscar, & Gilroy; :baby: Trout & Pickle

Cate

Post by Cate » Sun Aug 21, 2005 1:40 pm

I think Miecy makes her sound like a mouse, so I went for Lydia just because I like the name and think it suits her. :D

Inky

Post by Inky » Sun Aug 21, 2005 2:17 pm

I'm torn. Miecy is a cute name, but I like to think new beginnings, new names. :)

Holly

Post by Holly » Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:29 am

Awww...she is gorgeous Brokenfish!! :hearts: I think you should call her Penelope as it seems to suit her the most.