How many Rats do you have ???!!

For anything to do with rat care that doesn't fit into any of the sections above!

How many Rats do you own?

1-3
26%
4-7
28%
8-12
18%
13-18
11%
19-25
6%
26-32
6%
33-40
3%
41 + !!!
2%

Total votes: 117

tanyamw

Post by tanyamw » Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:05 pm

we have 3 boys and 4 girls so 7 in total but as am a permanent sufferer of GMR/GMC then that could well change if hubby lets me increase numbers. :roll:
Ratty Mummy to Castiel Silvermoon,Timotheus Edwardus,Bumble,Bilbo Baggins,Frodo Baggins,Oscar,Elmo,Milo,Maverick,Jester,Chuck,Levi,Morgan and Volkoff.

Not forgetting those at the bridge.

furryfeet

Post by furryfeet » Tue Sep 06, 2005 7:45 pm

Ooh, I just scrape through in the 8-12 category! :lol: I didn't count the fosters.

My "ideal" rat number is under 10, max two cages. My "usual" rat number seems to be around 12-14, and currently I'm on four cages, which is a bit of a nightmare. :o
Alison
and the furryfeet rats

super-ratz!

Post by super-ratz! » Tue Sep 06, 2005 11:08 pm

We have 7 .....5 boys and 2 girls. :P
Love Chloe, Angela, Benny, Flick, Chimney, Pitch, Droof, Bella and Popcorn.
<:3( )~~

Becky1

Post by Becky1 » Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:22 am

I've got 6 girls and can't get anymore unless I move furniture out of my flat to fit in bigger cage/more cages :-? Now thats an idea :wink:
Becky & Cynthia Dolores Rita Esther Eve Harriet Hattie.

Sleep well those before them, you may be gone...but you're never forgotten :rainbow:

Erin

Post by Erin » Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:05 am

Ive only got 2 :( But Im getting a new cage for xmas so will get some more then!
Erin
xxx
:girly: Dorothy :girly: Daisy :girly: Delilah :rainbow: Merry :rainbow: Pippin

Elmo

Post by Elmo » Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:21 am

I have 4 right now, Murphy Flynn & Joe r in a Critters 3, & Petes on his own in their old cage. The most iv had at 1 time was 5. I do want more rats, but i think 4 is the most i can cope wiv rite now.

cdm2711

Post by cdm2711 » Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:23 am

I technically have 11, but including my mum's two (Bill and Ben), there are 13. 7 boys and 6 girls in 5 cages (Sammy likes his own space :roll: ).

Sugar and Spice were supposed to integrate nicely with our existing 4 girls, but our 4 girls had other ideas... especially Cookie, so the cages are separate.

As most of the ratties are the same age, like a lot of others I've been reading about, I'm dreading the period of time when I lose them. Luckily, that shouldn't be for quite a while yet, as most of them are still quite young.
Coral x

:rainbow: Sugar, beloved rodentist, Cookie Monster, Sammy, Coco Pops, Fudge, Fizz, Spice, Dean, Davis, Frank, and Junior - all sorely missed

Holly

Post by Holly » Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:48 am

I don't have any yet...but will be getting two very soon! :D

I am tempted to have lots but don't have space for big cages and because I work full time and have lots of hobbies I think two is enough. I would be worried that more than two wouldn't be getting enough attention from me.

Emsrats

Post by Emsrats » Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:40 pm

My son has 13 girls and I am dreading the dying bit. He hasn't lost one of his own girls yet, and was bad enough when I lost Molly and Spike. I feel maybe letting him have so many was a bad idea, its going to be really hard - all but 4 are over 18months now. But I see him with them and he loves each and every one, and knows them all so well.....its a toughie. He knows Susie is getting to the end, and I just hope he doesn't find one dead on a school morning. :cry: cos the teacher just isn't going to understand.
I really really hate all the cage cleaning though. And my house smells- to be honest, I'm not going this high again. But each rat has its own complete personality......I couldn't be without any of them, even George the little *please do not swear*, tee hee :D
RIP to all those who have gone before, we miss you all. :halo:
Roz :girly: Lilith :girly: Bebe :dumbobaby:
Martin :smileyrat: Frasier :smileyrat: Niles :smileyrat: Eddie :smileyrat:

Rathole

Post by Rathole » Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:50 pm

I have 5 :lol: hopefully a couple more in a month or two, but that is all I want. I made a promise to myself to stay in single figures :wink:
He who lies down with rats, wakes up with holes in T shirt.

http://beltanerats.webs.com/

LisaLQ

Post by LisaLQ » Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:56 pm

Rathole wrote:I have 5 :lol: hopefully a couple more in a month or two, but that is all I want. I made a promise to myself to stay in single figures :wink:

So did I. :lol:

Acrorat

Post by Acrorat » Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:06 pm

This morning it would have been 12 rats, but sadly it is only 11 now.

I have a group of 7 in the Brio in the rat room where I spend most of the day working, and 4 in my daughter's bedroom. .... .... .... but there are more on the way!!

Jules
<<--Acrorats -->> . <<--Belyaev Rats rattery -->>
Need more rat chat? Ratville

ali67

Post by ali67 » Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:15 pm

ali67 wrote:I've got nine boys, which is fine, except they live in three groups :-? . I definitely won't go above this number.........

Oh dear. Famous last words. I think I might being going up to 11 shortly :oops: . How things can change in two days!
Ali
:smileyrat: Meredith Elizabeth Jessica
:rainbow:Poppy Lupin Roger Fly Badger Fabio Dan Peter Giles Steely Yeti Brian Dillon Winston Jasper Yoda Ebony Susan Nia Edward Greg Tomsk Joe Penny Bronwen Charlie Naboo Claire Lenny Rebecca Sarah

beth780

Post by beth780 » Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:26 pm

We're sadly ratless at present, but am counting days now till Sid and Eddie come to live with us.

daffee

Post by daffee » Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:40 am

I'm really suprised by these results. I thought that most people would only have 2 rats! Maybe it's that this forum attracts those of us who r a touch obsessed by our pets! :wink:
Midget Bambi Thai Indy Jasmine Olive Roland Lily China Jay Daisy Balthazar Matilda Monty Bob Milo Bartleby Bella Lucy Rosie Loki Towser Beamish Guinness Fudge Bailey Murphy Fleur Milly Maus Sheri Hari Sandy Fez