Help... I feel like an awful ratty mum...

For anything to do with rat care that doesn't fit into any of the sections above!

What to do with the boys?

Keep them and try harder, you lazy woman.
69%
Give them to someone who can care for them better.
31%

Total votes: 26

Sylentskye

Post by Sylentskye » Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:20 am

miroed wrote:tryied to do that....but the bigger girls like to eat the litter odd balls i swear LOL

I've found something called swheat scoop here(it won't hurt them if they eat it), and it is working really well! Had my boys just over a day and if they aren't going in it they are goiung near it- and no previous training, either!
Thought I was getting rats- turned out they're really fuzzy popcorn with teeth!
Welcome~!
:halloween: Pillage and :halloween: Burn
Plus OH's, Bloo :rollred:

miroed

Post by miroed » Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:24 am

im using stuff called potty litter by super pet. nontoxic they have been going near it but of course mine are being lazies and sleeping hehe

Ghostlove

Post by Ghostlove » Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:19 am

My mum phoned yesterday and said that seeing as my dad's at sea for a month (he's in the Navy and the Illustrious is on training) she could take on the boys for a few weeks if we like. This is perfect because she likes rats, they already know and like her, I can visit them all the time and she knows how to care for them properly. :D

After a few weeks I think everything will have settled down somewhat here, and by then I bet Chris will be missing the boys like mad anyway, so really this kills two birds with one stone. :) Aren't mummies lovely?
Anji, with Lyta, Talia, Ivanova, Na'toth, Delenn, Angua, Cheri and Perdita. :girly:
:rainbow: Playing at the bridge: Suki, Aiko, Alyx, Lyta, Leia, Isis, Bert, Ernie, Elmo, Eddie, Oscar, Agnes, Magrat, Esme, Rosie, Gytha and Mr Jingles (mouse). :rainbow:

Cate

Post by Cate » Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:28 am

Sounds like the ideal solution! :D I'm so glad. :D

ali67

Post by ali67 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:15 am

Pixie I'm sorry you're having such a tricky time. Things will get better :) . It's great that your mum can help out and that should take some pressure off.

However, Sweetpea made you a really generous offer (coming to help you clean out) and I think you'd be mad not to take her up on it if/when the ratties come back to you :) .
Ali
:smileyrat: Meredith Elizabeth Jessica
:rainbow:Poppy Lupin Roger Fly Badger Fabio Dan Peter Giles Steely Yeti Brian Dillon Winston Jasper Yoda Ebony Susan Nia Edward Greg Tomsk Joe Penny Bronwen Charlie Naboo Claire Lenny Rebecca Sarah

Sweetpea

Post by Sweetpea » Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:22 pm

I think so too!!! :wink: :lol:

That's great news Pixie - when the ratties come back, the offer still stands - I remember so well what it was like to have a new baby - shock to the sysytem doesn't begin to describe it! You sound like you're doing really well - keep going honey!!!! :D

Ghostlove

Post by Ghostlove » Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:27 pm

I may just do that! It's so wonderful to know there are such kind people in the world as Sweetpea. :D
Anji, with Lyta, Talia, Ivanova, Na'toth, Delenn, Angua, Cheri and Perdita. :girly:
:rainbow: Playing at the bridge: Suki, Aiko, Alyx, Lyta, Leia, Isis, Bert, Ernie, Elmo, Eddie, Oscar, Agnes, Magrat, Esme, Rosie, Gytha and Mr Jingles (mouse). :rainbow:

Sweetpea

Post by Sweetpea » Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:47 pm

Thank you! :oops: :)

Sweetpea

Post by Sweetpea » Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:25 pm

Just seen Chris's post in the rehoming section Pixie. So sorry you've had to make this decision - it must have been very hard. :( Big hugs to you. I would've offered a home myself, but I'm taking Bumptastic's 4 boys (she's rehoming for the same reason as you). I'm sure you'll find them a lovely home.