Vets in the West Midlands

Vets, arranged by location
Fancy Rats Admin
Fancy Rats Team
Fancy Rats Team

Vets in the West Midlands

Post by Fancy Rats Admin » Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:15 am

Please add to this thread if you would like to recommend a vet in the West Midlands area. For regional map of area boundaries see here.
Regards,
Fancy Rats Team

Mollysmom

Re: Vets in the West Midlands

Post by Mollysmom » Tue Apr 21, 2009 10:27 pm

Stuart Gardener(?)
Main Surgery
Ashwood Veterinary Clinic
448 Lichfield Road
Sutton Coldfield
Tel 0121 308 1128

http://www.ashwoodvet.co.uk/
Rats: Angel & Sapphire. RIP Patrick & Molly xx
Cats: Foggy & Emmett cat angels:Frankie and Joey RIP boys.
EC member (Explorer club) and Tower club member

lynnb

Post by lynnb » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:49 pm

E. Stewart & Partners.
206 High St.
Princes End.
Tipton.
Tele. 0121 522 2118

They also have a practice in Dudley.

Mrs. Priest who alternates between both practices is the one to ask for.
No appointment needed.
Lynn - http://serenityrats.webs.com/
The boys and girls who live in Serenity.
Always loved and remembered - Dave, Chaz, Dec, Robin, Tone, Squeak, Corby, Freddy, Mark, Alfie, Zak, Kaiser, Dylan, Baxter, Jack, Harry H, Ash, Albert and Layla.

not_ginger

Post by not_ginger » Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:55 am

Feldon Vets
Leamington Spa Surgery
1 Guy Street
Leamington Spa
CV32 4RT
Tel: 01926 423161

We use Katie mostly and she's been really good with our boys. They're not the cheapest, (£24.50 consult) but are really helpful and know what they're doing. We never had any surgery with them (cost prohibiting) but for normal appointments and medications (meds are quite reasonably priced) they were great. Katie also works at the Kenilworth surgery, so we've been there to see her a couple of times too. The receptionists at Leamington also loved the rats, and backed me up to my OH saying there's no such thing as too many! :) We've seen Viv as well who is really knowlegable and good with the boys, but I found him a little dismissive if I tried to suggest something different or questioned dosage etc.

Bilton Vets
Bilton Veterinary Centre
259 Bilton Road
Rugby
Warks
CV22 7EQ
Tel: 01788 812650

We were reccommended this vets for neuters and they've been amazing. We've had three neuters and one eye removal done by Rose with no problems at all. She was really good with the boys and very helpful. Clare is great too, and both were quite happy to discuss things with me over the phone before I came in. I found them very reasonably priced for surgery - neutering £48 and a neuter with eye removal only £120.
*Angela*
And Ronan :smileyrat: ,Riddle :smileyrat: ,Ralph :dumbo: ,Roland :dumbo: ,Boots :teen: ,Bloo :teen: ,tilty Roobarb :teen: and the new babies Baldrick :baby: and runty Gaspode :dumbobaby:
R.I.P rainbow rats :rainbow: Missing Rooney already :(

Fennic

Post by Fennic » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:55 pm

Halton View vet centre

208 Warrington Road
Widnes, Cheshire
WA8 OAX

0151 423 3557

If I remember correctly, it is a £12 consultation fee for a small animal. Between £25 - £50 For lump removal (Will be able to check back on this on Monday) Vet you should ask for an apointment with is John. A very good man who's been caring for animals for over 20 years. He's never steered me wrong once and always willing to try everything possible before calling it a day on an animal.
Rat lovin' since 2005. <3

lavenderlush

Post by lavenderlush » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:20 pm

Fennic wrote:Halton View vet centre

208 Warrington Road
Widnes, Cheshire
WA8 OAX

0151 423 3557

If I remember correctly, it is a £12 consultation fee for a small animal. Between £25 - £50 For lump removal (Will be able to check back on this on Monday) Vet you should ask for an apointment with is John. A very good man who's been caring for animals for over 20 years. He's never steered me wrong once and always willing to try everything possible before calling it a day on an animal.
John Cartwright
Maple Vetinary centre
95 Maple Crescent
Penketh
Warrington
Cheshire
WA5 2LQ
01925 726378

I was just about to recommend John on here and noticed Fennic had beat me to it :wink: He works between the Widnes branch and Maple Vets in Maple Crescent. John was recommended by member Blue92 on here who also lives in Warrington and on the few times I've taken my boys and girls to him he has been spot on with diagnosis, treatment and surgery. He has a lovely nature, discusses treatment choices and explains illnesses and potential treatments with you without rushing you out like a conveyor belt. Costs of treatments have been Consultation fee £15.85, baytril 10ml £10.15,baytril 15ml £12.66, Metacam 3ml @£15, castration £35.25, general anaesthesia small pet £26.40, soft tissue surgery £18 per hour, we are having a very large tumor removed this week which will be £40. Do always make sure you book with John though as he works between the 2 surgeries, the lady vet at Maple Vets is nice but not very rat savvy.
My cheeky Girls: Buffy,Sweep,Pepper,Tinsel,Elf,Pinza,Melon,Papaya
My muscle men: Oscar, Nimbus,Raven,Zorro,Ollie,Hercules,Anson,Hermes,Hector,Ralph,Rory
Resting over the bridge: Snickers,Caramel,Fudge,Blueberry,Cherry