Show us your rat rooms....

Share pictures of cages, rat rooms, free range areas, etc.to offer inspiration to others
Rhi01

Re: Show us your rat rooms....

Post by Rhi01 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:07 am

I never knew this thread existed :o I'm going to take pictures of my rat room so be ready to be bombarded with pictures later today/tonight!
Rhiannon with Charlie, Fizz, George, Gus, Inga, Kent and Oscar.

capslock

Post by capslock » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:17 pm

haha - I was scared to show pics of mine!
My rat room - even my house- is a pile of rubbish compared to some peoples. :o

Note: bad language replaced with an acceptable alternative - this is a family forum, and language used must be suitable at all times.

prettyspiders

Post by prettyspiders » Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:57 am

Yay found the right post.
door warning
just inside the door with a bonus zombie! yellow cage; rescue spinx boys, blue cage; temp cage containing Imp, furet tower; contains main male colony on top and an elderly zombie rattie at the bottom and the red custom cage contains the main colony of girls.
the main female cage with temp cage on top.
boys cage
setup on top
and bottom tho it's quite dark and yes thats a flower basket at the back and it's the zombies fav place to sleep lol
battered rattie info board on the right
Medication/spares alcove top shelf; spare brackets box, large treats box, disposible gloves,spare misc box, syringes and feeds, weighing scales, baby tube box, baby wipes and tea tree spray. 2nd shelf; medication box, more spares, treat jar, otc medications, multivits, pro biotics, wound powder and gels, stephascope and sterilizing tablets. 3rd shelf; treats, food, carry cases n below that is the spare fabrics whew thats a lot of stuff!

Ainita

Post by Ainita » Fri Jul 23, 2010 11:40 am

My rats live at my room, so I'll show my room too.

I warn you! It is a little messy because today I moved the furniture around!!

And I'm up I can not stand it!

Besides I have also now the females in one cage, they were to bring me new cage yesterday, but I bring it on Saturday!!

I have wanted to have her home now!

Now I'll put the photos and where are things!
This is the view nothing but get in (or case that stands between the cupboard and the bed is that when moving furniture leave an empty closet and then leave things that do not know where to put / I have not had time to place .

The tenrecs corner
I have also quarantined there ratites (3 rats received from an exotic animal protection)

One of my dogs!

The females corner
The black plastic is to not drop anything on my bed

Excuse the mess, but I changed the furniture around and not give me time to organize and sort

Sorry, I need to practice my english!

HannahJ82

Post by HannahJ82 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 5:32 pm

This is where my ratties live :D

Hannah J

Tiny "Tots", Poe, Seth, Trumpet, Bugle, Sweep, Aniseed, Templeton, Mr Gosh, Vega, Pie, Zero, Pan, Aether, Raggamuffin.
RIP Rocky, Devy, Lump, Aleister, Loki, Jester, Flay, Sooty, Baby.

aimlessdesire

My rat room is finally finished :)

Post by aimlessdesire » Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:55 pm

It's taken nearly 3 years to sort out my rat room

Back in summer 07, when the rats first moved in there (a lot earlier than planned due to a large number of rescues) it looked like this.
You can see how bad the walls were and desparately needed replastering.

Eventually the walls got plasted, the boiler got boxed in, and carpet temporarily went back down.

Summer 08 my mum came down for a week and helped replace the carpet with vinyl floor tiles and painted the walls.

Later that year the cages got replaced with Explorers :)

Last year I finally sorted out somewhere for baby cages to go, but still not finished off the boiler cupboard....

until now....

a very nice carpenter friend of a friend came round and sorted out the doors for the cupboard a month or so ago, and then today I painted them, and it's finally finished :)

Caledonian Rattery breeding for Russian Blue Point Siamese, Black Eyed Siamese, Black and Russian Blue.

myzoo

Post by myzoo » Sun Aug 22, 2010 11:54 am

oh here gose my rat room that doubles as my bed room :D

as you walk in the door you have the boys cages to the right

then in front of you next to my bed is the girls cage and under that is all my ratties essentials food bedding toys treats medcince everything

then to the left of my bed is the hamsters corner excuse the mess :oops: iam currently trying to sort the room out iam moving into the back room and giving this room to the furries

i also have two hammie cage in the living room but not took any pics of that yet because its too messy lol well i hope you like my rattie/bedroom :D

Snippet

Post by Snippet » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:08 am

This is my rat shed:

Toys and food

The door, the shelf of toys and the cage with the carrier on top.

Lamp, CD player, heater, money box and bale of EcoBed.
Cara,
Owned by Willow, Fern and Nix
Missing Snippet and Frost

Elizabeth13

Post by Elizabeth13 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:09 pm

Here's mine..

Got all the bits could ever need, including my desk which has:
- purple tub containing bedding & paper strips
- tub of sunflower seeds (treats only!)
- packet of monkey nuts (treats only!)
- packet of dog biscuits (treats only, came from the breeder but mine don't really care for them..)
- some rat muesli
- HUGE bucket full of shunamite rat mix food (just awaiting some kibble to be added)
- cat toys for the rats
- gloves (just incase!)
- little tub of care stuff; pet cleaning spray, hibiscrub, savlon and another anti-bacterial cream donated by Lilly
- the birth certificates/pedigree type whatsit paper from the breeder

The rest of the stuff used for free ranging mainly I'm sure you can see and is self-explanatory :lol:
(More pics of the free ranging area in the 'show your free-range...' thread)

Owned by: :love: Alfa & Kai :love:

Waiting at the Bridge: :rainbow: Jonesy :rainbow:

Miss_disorientated

Post by Miss_disorientated » Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:24 am

Just discovered this thread, it's awesome being able to see everyone's rat rooms! :)

I live alone in a two bedroomed flat, so the rats have got their own room, which happens to be the tidiest and cleanest room in the flat, (or should I say the only tidy room!) The room is totally rat proof, anything I want to keep away from them always ends up on the window sill.

Here's two pictures:

and one of me and Cecil (taken about 7 weeks ago)
The food colouring on his tail was because Cecil and Cedric where almost identical when I got them.
My boys: :love: Cyril :love: Cedric :love: Cecil :love: Clive :love: Claude :love: Clifford (aka Mousey)

Forever missing: Honey gerbling, Martha gerbling, Montague hamster, Pompom bunny, Moomin piggy, Flash piggy, Shelly bunny and Sweetiepie bunny

SpoonRat

Post by SpoonRat » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:03 pm

I recently got some shelves for my rat room so it's much more organised these days!!

This is what you see as you walk in - My Aurora 450 home to 4 girlies; Persephone, Bramble, Astraea and Eos. I keep my Ecobed and Bio-Catolet under the window and there's an underbed storage box with ferret tunnels under the cage. Love love love this cage :) Hardboard behind the cage to protect the walls and lino underneath to make sweeping up a bit easier.

The other alcove, home to my bookcases! At some point there will be stacked 4 foot vivariums there for my partners geckos, rankins etc. The little cupboard is crammed full of rat stuff and this corner is also their free-range area. It gets blocked off with hardboard to contain them :) The hamster cage was free with another cage I got - I don't use it but I figure you can never have too many carrier sized cages!

The leopard geckos live in the glass tank, Nisha and Grace. Eddie Lizzard lives in the R.U.B. on top The shelves have rat and reptile stuff on them and then there's a wooden box (the 'rat box') which is full of fleece, cloths etc for bedding.

The boys Stilton and Clawson live in the Tommy. Underneath is boxes of free-range toys and a couple of carriers.

The Freddy 2 - Home to Fern, Ash and Frankie. I want to extend it at some point but they aren't fully grown yet so it still seems reasonably spacious to them. Underneath is their dry mix, carrier, bunny food and cereals, hospital tank, extra toys.

Looking back towards the door

I am LOVING those big shelves. Things were all over the place before but now it's nice and tidy it's actually a really nice place to be! :)
Owned by rats since 2000
http://www.ratandspoon.com
The Girls: Astraea - Eos - Persephone - Bramble - Frankie - Ash - Fern - Jessica Rabbit - Wispa - Ambrosia
The Boys: Stilton - Clawson

SargentEllie

Post by SargentEllie » Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:08 pm

well this is my rat room (which they let me share )

one end

tother end

pool

digging box

Hot and righteous Ellie and the boys ..... and *cough* erm girls

http://www.neratsociety.co.uk/

Ratsruleok

Post by Ratsruleok » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:19 pm

just got two rats but getting more when my piggies are gone, got two boys sebastian and ceil...
the boys

playpen

Rat room normally

tidy veiw of the cage

the girls level havent got the girls yet

the boys level all that space for just two XD
I quit as a accidental litter owner I dont appreciate the bullies who have spamed my thread with their poison
If you think I'm a liar fine I told the truth about it all because I wanted the help you made it clear I am not welcome please delete my account.

Cyber Ratty
Fancy Rats Team
Fancy Rats Team

Post by Cyber Ratty » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:56 pm

Slight rearrangement - I now have two Duettos, an SRS, and a Brio in permanent use for my 6 groups, and the free range zone is across the end of the room.

view from the doorway

rat's eye views of the free range playground
Mary x

my websites: Cyber Rats (picture site) / Zephyr Rats (rattery site)
(the star in the avatar is Calypso - r.i.p.)

Snippet

Post by Snippet » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:03 pm

Some updated photos of my rat shed. I've got more stuff in there now and I've got it arranged slightly better.

Veiw from the outside

Veiw from the door. The cage is on the left, and the shelving unit straight infront of you has a CD player, the heater and the light on the top shelf. The clear box on the next shelf down holds their made up mix. The third sheld down has bags of litter on it. Their is nothing on the bottom shelf. The big bag of chopped card is their substrate, and the black rabbit cage is a spare cage. The white cupboard is my mums and it contains stuff for the horse.

Looking back towards the door. This shelving unit has their unmixed food on the top shelf, toys on the 2nd and 3rd shelves and a carrier on the bottom shelf.

Play area. The rats have the run of the floor. At the moment they have a shoe box full of shredded paper and sunflower seeds, a digging box, a dead wodent wheel and a tube to play with. They get other bits added on different days, depending on what's being used in the cage

Cage. This has been pulled across the door so I can get a photo of it, bit it lives against the left hand wall under the windows. It is a Liberta Abode that I've modified slightly so it now has splash guards and a metal base. I've got 4 rats and they all live in this cage.
[/quote]
Cara,
Owned by Willow, Fern and Nix
Missing Snippet and Frost