The Savic Royal Suite Club! aka *The Savic Royal Family*

For everything to do with rat housing, from cages, litter and bedding to accessories and toys for your rat. Not for advertising items for sale.
Betterstar

Re: The Savic Royal Suite Club! aka *The Savic Royal Family*

Post by Betterstar » Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:11 pm

philosophyfox wrote:Well...I did it. Just bought the SRS from Zooplus. Fingers crossed it gets to me in one piece. :luck:
Congrats!
Sian & Boojum, Minnow, Poot, Esme, Oak, Burdock, Ptarmigan, Blunder and Jacques.
Missing Hugo, Krindle, Dandelion, Baron, Winder, Snark, Snapcase, Snufkin, Twirl, Somer, Musket, Hodgkins, Urs.

philosophyfox

Post by philosophyfox » Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:07 pm

Betterstar wrote:Congrats!
I just hope work don't mind because I'm having it delivered there. I'm sure that will confuse the couriers...I work in a wine sales office (there's a couple of rats in the warehouse atm wonder if they'd like to move in :lol: )
Moth :dumbo: Slug :dunce: Bug :smileyrat: Grub :smileyrat:
Missing: Ziggy Tribble Fiver Gumbo Rowdy Hige Toboe Tate Lyle Steven Daisy Crunchie Gaelan

Kittywomble

Post by Kittywomble » Sun May 02, 2010 8:16 am

I am going to order a SRS soon - can't wait! :lol:

Does Berriewood let you specify the day of delivery? I can't really take a few days off work just to be sure I'll be at home when it arrives. What do you advise?

Katherine
Epsom, Surrey
Forever home to Ginger, Bessie, Pixie, Willow & Gerty.
With fond memories of Cocoa & Toffee, Bubble & Squeak, Charlie, Patch, Pickle & Beanie, Missy and Pippin.

Nina

Post by Nina » Sun May 02, 2010 12:54 pm

Kittywomble wrote:I am going to order a SRS soon - can't wait! :lol:

Does Berriewood let you specify the day of delivery? I can't really take a few days off work just to be sure I'll be at home when it arrives. What do you advise?

Katherine
I rang them and they deliver to my area on a thursday or could send it by courier for another day but that would cost more. Hope that helps

Flump

Post by Flump » Tue May 04, 2010 10:11 pm

Nina wrote:Can I join? My boys moved in yesterday :D I had planned on putting the wheels at the back but I couldn't hold it in place and attach it on my own :lol: :roll:

Yes I'm a fuzzbutt addict :lol:
Oooh liking that matching furniture, now where on earth did you get that from ;) :wink: :D :love:
Fuzzbutt Cage Comforts - Fabulous Furniture for your Fuzzies! http://www.fuzzbutt.co.uk
:dumbo: RIP Winston I still miss you :( And all my other Fuzzers at the bridge, Poppy Ploppy Twitch Kebab Wiffy Turbo Flump Pearl Snuffy Franklin Skippy :rainbow:

Nina

Post by Nina » Wed May 05, 2010 4:56 am

Flump wrote:
Nina wrote:Can I join? My boys moved in yesterday :D I had planned on putting the wheels at the back but I couldn't hold it in place and attach it on my own :lol: :roll:

Yes I'm a fuzzbutt addict :lol:
Oooh liking that matching furniture, now where on earth did you get that from ;) :wink: :D :love:
Great website run by the Fuzzdudes and their slave, think you might know them :wink: :lol: :D

MistressSadako

Post by MistressSadako » Wed May 05, 2010 9:17 am

iIm going to copy Jemma later and take out the middle base...the girls are in the half explorer/half srs bits and the explorer section is making me want to tear my hair out - there's always card EVERYWHERE! So I'll take the middley bit out and i don't need to bother about the explorer trays being so shallow and rubbish!
Stacey and the residents of Muse Rattery
Missing all my past ratties :hearts:
North of England Rat Society - next show Saturday 25thJune, Preston

Rhi01

Post by Rhi01 » Wed May 05, 2010 10:25 am

Could you let me know how you get on with it? I'm thinking of doing it myself when the cage is one so would be interested in knowing.
Rhiannon with Charlie, Fizz, George, Gus, Inga, Kent and Oscar.

Roxplusrats

Post by Roxplusrats » Wed May 05, 2010 3:56 pm

Hi, could anyone please tell me the dimensions of the box the SRS arrives in? I am seriously tempted to get this cage as it looks amazing and my boys would love it but - although there's plenty of room in our flat itself - the doorways in to it are pretty narrow and I'm worried the box might not fit round the corner!
Owned by: Mouse, Gabe, Radigan, Tavish, Atlas and Wheatley
Loved and missed always, all those on the bridge :rainbow:

stormsmuggler

Post by stormsmuggler » Wed May 05, 2010 9:27 pm

If its any help, I have two doorways at right angles to each other leading from the hall to the kitchen and the kitchen to the sitting room, the end of the work unit is right at the doorway of the kitchen/hall and a fire place chimney breast is at the side of the lounge doorway and i managed single handed to get mine through there (but the men who brought in my new three piece suite weren`t too impressed :lol: )
Raz@hotel for rats. 23 boys, 11 girls :D Auntie Raz to 17 crazy girlies, 4 big boys and a mouse called Maurice.
Home of Chelsea bun mini muffins and some of park rats and parkies :)
to the 33 at the bridge I love and miss you all

KateR

Post by KateR » Thu May 06, 2010 6:34 am

The box isn't that big, depthwise. maybe 10 inches or something?
Mummy to the Rattray rats.
Waiting at Rainbow Bridge - 27 ratty angels.
http://www.rattrayrattery.co.uk
http://www.yorkshireratclub.co.uk/

Tammyrat

Post by Tammyrat » Thu May 06, 2010 8:16 am

Hi everyone! I'm hoping to invest in a SRS soon and was just wondering where i should order it from. I gather from reading the other posts that P@H is not a great place so ive looked at Berriwood and bitsforpets.com and heard good things about them but also equinecaninefeline.com sell them???

Any suggestions??

Thank you all in advance :)
Tammy xx
In love with 8 Ratties - Winnie, Nelly, Crumble, Doola, Spot, Sherbert, Dolly and Fizz.
Night night sweet Possum, Dini, Custard :dumbogirly:
A proud member of the Savic Royal club :D

Roxplusrats

Post by Roxplusrats » Thu May 06, 2010 9:08 am

Thanks stormsmuggler and KateR that's very reassuring. No excuse now not to get one. My birthday is coming up so I'll use that as my excuse....
Owned by: Mouse, Gabe, Radigan, Tavish, Atlas and Wheatley
Loved and missed always, all those on the bridge :rainbow:

philosophyfox

Post by philosophyfox » Thu May 06, 2010 11:22 am

Mine has arrived this morning! It's huge and heavy. I'm at work and it's taking up the work's kitchen at the moment :oops:
I ordered from Zooplus on Friday. I'm very impressed with the speed of delivery, will check to see if all the bits are there tonight though. I got 10% off with their spring savings (there's 10% off for new customers and newsletter sign ups at the moment too). Going to set it up as two cages until my boys have settled a little and then will open it into one large cage as I've definately been persuaded towards having more need for climbing etc.

People at work are a little scared of the size of the cage, yet I think it's incredibly normal :) Tonight we'll have to see if the box fits on the back seat of an Alfa Romeo 156 (the most impractical car I have yet to meet)...fingers crossed :luck:
Missing: Ziggy Tribble Fiver Gumbo Rowdy Hige Toboe Tate Lyle Steven Daisy Crunchie Gaelan

philosophyfox

Post by philosophyfox » Thu May 06, 2010 11:40 pm

Well...it's up...3 hours and 36 mins of blood, sweat and tears...and profanities galore.

I've never had such issues with a cage...there was some dodgy holes to be lined. I never had these issues with the High Rise Mammal and I put that up on my own. I'm a bit worried about killing rats in the doors, does this get easier with time as the knobs get looser and rats stop trying to leap over the edge?

However, I really like the litter guards. This cage is the newer version with the solid front panel, so I'm pretty happy with that. I also like the depth front to back. I put some litter in and chucked the babies in, and they pop corned all around it. I'll be decorating and moving them in to the top tomorrow all being well.

I do like it, but I will take a bit of time getting used to it, especially the door issues. The OH is rather clumsy and might just decapitate someone...;)

Pics tomorrow :p