Ferplast Furet Plus - Spare Pieces & Bar Spacing

For everything to do with rat housing, from cages, litter and bedding to accessories and toys for your rat. Not for advertising items for sale.
Yuubi

Ferplast Furet Plus - Spare Pieces & Bar Spacing

Post by Yuubi » Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:13 pm

I recently bought a Ferplast Furet Plus from eBay which was delivered to me on Tuesday much to my excitement. Unfortunately the numpty seller sent it just in it's box with no interior packaging at ALL, so I now have a cracked base but more importantly the plastic frame which holds to roof of the cage has a 15" crack down it! :angry:

I have been through Ferplast's online catalogue for spare parts but cannot find the plastic roof frame anywhere in it. The base of the cage could be fixed fairly easily but I don't know whether I'd be able to repair the top part. Just wondered if anyone knew whether you can get hold of this part or if not?

I will be contacting Ferplast shortly to ask myself of course but since the piece in question seems a little flimsy anyway I thought someone else might have experience of dealing with a broken piece! Also if anyone has any ideas for building the cage without that particular part or bodging it, they are very welcome here :lol:

I have contacted the seller and fully expect to get a refund but just want to be prepared in case I end up stuck with it for any reason. Interestingly it was listed as "Brand New" but arrived complete with rat urine crusted on the plastic shelf & food bowl, a filthy hammock and nibbles here and there to add to the décor... :sickrat:

I really like this cage and fully intend to end up with one in a nice usable state but would also just like to check people's thoughts on the bar spacing and young rats. My new pair of girls are approx 6-8 weeks old and naturally, are very squiggly & wriggly! I would certainly leave off putting them in such a large cage for a few weeks yet while they become more tame & grow a bit but what is, on average, a safe age/weight for that sort of spacing?

ratty lover0099

Re: Ferplast Furet Plus - Spare Pieces & Bar Spacing

Post by ratty lover0099 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:10 pm

I can't help with the first question... but :angry: to numpty seller on Ebay!!!

I have the Furet Plus, and wouldn't expect any youngsters to be able to squeaze through the bars - I've got 2 small middle-aged girls in it at the moment, but wouldn't think twice about putting in babies. :baby:
(One of the girls I have...not naming any names *cough - Wispa - cough* is also an escape artist, and made light work of getting out of a rabbit cage bars but she can't get out of the Furet.) :D
Karen.
Currently rat-less :(
:rainbow:Splodge, Hodgheg, Tia, Spot, Orchid, Domino, Rico, Lily, Fern, Dotty, Savannah, Ebony, Eclipse, Vixen, Gem, Sapphire, Aura, Bracken, Willow, Eira, Addison, Echo, Wispa, Gilbert, Albert and Herbert.

wildthing

Post by wildthing » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:02 pm

I wouldn't even think about getting replacements, you are definately due a refund.

Did you pay by PayPal?
Wondering where the next nom is coming from - Rufus.

Mika, Bailey - Miss you my lovelies.

eequine

Post by eequine » Sun Nov 29, 2009 2:39 pm

Spare top rims are available, we have some in stock. Not sure on the pricing though, will double check for you.

If it was sent with a courier the insurance would cover your replacment bit - contact the seller and ask them to pay for this for you (if THEY booked the courier YOU as the consignee can not claim on the insurance, so dont get fobbed off :))

The furet plus with top rims are newish cages so the parts brochures dont show the spare bits for them yet.

:D
http://www.EquineCanineFeline.com/ USE CODE: FANCYRATS in the box at the checkout for a 10% discount. BRAND NEW HAMMOCKS & TOYS IN STOCK NOW!!

eequine

Post by eequine » Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:00 pm

Spare top rim part for this cage - £11
Hope this helps you if you decide to replace it ;)
http://www.EquineCanineFeline.com/ USE CODE: FANCYRATS in the box at the checkout for a 10% discount. BRAND NEW HAMMOCKS & TOYS IN STOCK NOW!!

rattycorner

Post by rattycorner » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:41 am

Ooh, it's changed since I got mine - I just have a plastic piece on each corner round the top.

Handy tip, though - if you attach those brass split curtain rings to the two sides before you slide the long plastic pieces on down the corner edges, you've got somewhere to fix hammocks onto. - http://www.rattycorner.com/cages/pics/ring.jpg

Yuubi

Post by Yuubi » Tue Dec 22, 2009 10:12 am

Glad to say that after lots of chasing up I finally got my full refund for the cage from the numpty seller last week - phew! :roll:

Will give it a good clean, fix the cracks with some Araldite and hey presto! A free rat cage in perfectly usable condition :D

Thankyou eequine for checking the price on the top frame for me and rattycorner for your very helpful suggestion ;)