Rate That Layout!

For everything to do with rat housing, from cages, litter and bedding to accessories and toys for your rat. Not for advertising items for sale.
emma10

Re: Rate That Layout!

Post by emma10 » Tue May 03, 2011 9:31 pm

Heres my explorer, home to Billy, Maxi and Bilo. Im getting quite bored of this layout now, somethings get changed about on each clean out. The shelves that need a screw driver etc get done when OH needs a job to do!

Spotted a bigger digging box in Matalan too, so that will be bought soon :)

Ideas please :) especially for the bottom which seems bare compared to upstairs!

There are also a few ledges/bottles/food bowls etc you cant see when the door is open.

And sorry for the mess. Cleaned it out this morning, left them to it for 5 mins, came back with my camera... The toilet roll has magically unravelled!

Upstairs
Downstairs
Full hit
Mummy to Billy, Maxi and Bilo <3

Goodbye Dento, hope you find a forever home my squidgey<3

emma10

Post by emma10 » Tue May 03, 2011 9:32 pm

betsypug wrote:Hello,
if anyone has any suggestions/ideas for my rats house (3 very lazy boys), I'd be very grateful :) Hope the photo is clear enough

I love all your ladders and climbing ideas! Lucky guys!
Mummy to Billy, Maxi and Bilo <3

Goodbye Dento, hope you find a forever home my squidgey<3

betsypug

Post by betsypug » Wed May 04, 2011 11:36 am

my boys are so lazy though! I don't think they had much stimulation in their last home, they are getting better though.
its always the way, you get loads of stuff and they only stick to one hammock and one fluffy bed lol

msmara

Post by msmara » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:30 pm

BUMP!! Come on guys I love this game, someone post pics :roll: :lol:
Samara & the Squishness
Member of the Explorer Club
Gone with pieces of my heart: Rocco :dumborainbow: Salt :rainbow: Yoji :dumborainbow:

Razcox

Post by Razcox » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:36 pm

Dont have my own layout to share but wanted to say keep them coming as i am picking up some great ideas for when i do get my little ratties!
Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.

Proud doggie mommy to Cassie, Ela and Raina - http://www.lukoinortherninuits.co.uk, rats Cookie, Pip, Noodle and the rat formally known as Charlotte.

RetroLemons

Post by RetroLemons » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:43 pm

msmara wrote:BUMP!! Come on guys I love this game, someone post pics :roll: :lol:
Right, i'll re-start it :lol:

Boys layout:

Old layout, they now have the entire explorer with ecopet bedding but I don't have an up to date picture of that yet. :D
From Rowan and the Fuzzlets! Miss you Kenco, Salt, Pretzel, Delilah, Moony & Bailey :( x
RatPad Hammocks - New hammocks out now! Oh and 20% of pre orders go into the rescue pot ;)
10% of your order going to a rattie rescue every time!

Jimi+Milo

Post by Jimi+Milo » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:36 pm

Ah yay its alive again!!

10/10

Pros - I really like it, I think you've made good use of the space. Theres a good variety of things, scratcher post, tubes, ladders, ropes, hanging toys etc. Theres a fair few things in there without it being over crowded.

Cons - Erm... I dont have any :lol:
Hannah
Mummy to 2 boys Cheech and Chino :hearts:
Missing my sleeping little angel Milo and big squishy Jimi :hearts:

ScattieMcRattie

Post by ScattieMcRattie » Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:57 pm

i love this thread but i've had no pictures to put up untill now as my camera is bust :rollred: so i didnt play as i didnt want to hold up things if i got tagged(but now i have piccies so i am gonna try and play lol)

i rate your layout as;

9/10 :D

its practically perfect, i love the variety of textures and things in there. the cat scratcher thing is a brill idea, i love all the ropes and climbing things. i love its targeted to keep them active not too many beds, the things that stopped me giving it 10/10 is i think the floor is cluttered and there is "dead air". by which i mean. thoguh all the roof space has some nice climbing things, theres a fair amount of air up there not being used may be better used with at least one platform a small ferplast corner maybe, may get some of the things off the flor and give them room to roll around and play and and also though i've used it myself in the past when i've had too i think loose substrate would be more interesting for them than newspaper. anyways practically perfect 9/10 :D
" and the muttering grew to a grumbling; and the grumbling grew to a mighty rumbling; and out of the houses the rats came tumbling,"
Maidenhair Rattery Website
Maidenhair on Facebook
Maidenhair on Youtube

Lindsei

Post by Lindsei » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:15 pm

I rate this a 9/10

Pros: lots of lovely textures & colours with lots of interesting things to do. Great use of space & good use of household objects. I also love the cat scratching post :D

Cons: personally I think there's room for an extra hammock to make the most of the space at the very top of the cage. Loose substrate would be good for digging for food, thats all I could think of :biggrin:

Lindsei :love:
:dumbobaby: Rain - Powder Blue Doe, :dumbobaby: Willow - Husky Doe, :baby: Ratty - Silver Fawn Hooded Buck,
:baby: Tango - Silver Fawn Hooded Buck, :baby: Banksy - Agouti Berkshire Buck, :baby: Mr Jingles - Black Bershire Buck

Happy Hammocks

RetroLemons

Post by RetroLemons » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:20 am

Thank you! Couldn't agree more with the cons which is why I use loose substrate now, shelves I sometimes have, sometimes dont :lol:

I tag:

ScattieMcRattie

:D
From Rowan and the Fuzzlets! Miss you Kenco, Salt, Pretzel, Delilah, Moony & Bailey :( x
RatPad Hammocks - New hammocks out now! Oh and 20% of pre orders go into the rescue pot ;)

ScattieMcRattie

Post by ScattieMcRattie » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:25 am

TeeHee :oops: , i didnt think i'd actually get tagged lmao :lol:

is there a photo limit? as its hard to get the whole explorer in one picture and still see whats in it!
" and the muttering grew to a grumbling; and the grumbling grew to a mighty rumbling; and out of the houses the rats came tumbling,"
Maidenhair on Facebook
Maidenhair on Youtube

RetroLemons

Post by RetroLemons » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:33 am

ScattieMcRattie wrote:TeeHee :oops: , i didnt think i'd actually get tagged lmao :lol:

is there a photo limit? as its hard to get the whole explorer in one picture and still see whats in it!
There's a maximum of two per post, do you think that's enough? As I know what you mean about larger cages!

Jimi+Milo

Post by Jimi+Milo » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:39 am

I think a max of 4 would be better, it probably takes up to 6 to properly see everything but thats a lot of pics lol.
Hannah
Mummy to 2 boys Cheech and Chino :hearts:
Missing my sleeping little angel Milo and big squishy Jimi :hearts:

RetroLemons

Post by RetroLemons » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:45 am

Jimi+Milo wrote:I think a max of 4 would be better, it probably takes up to 6 to properly see everything but thats a lot of pics lol.
Yeah, nothing is really enforced anyway! :lol: It's just to stop people posting a stupid amount 8)

ScattieMcRattie

Post by ScattieMcRattie » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:24 am

ok i think i can do it in three if thats ok,

its an explorer without the middle section as you can see and its home to five girls, one 7 months and four 3 months, so very much still active pingy youngsters, they really do use every inch of this cage. so there arent many beds at all, as for the most part they just sleep together on the vet bed shelf anyway. if you want to meet the girls there are photos here

ok so hear goes....be gentle with me :oops:

THe lower half

the upper half

The whole thing with doors closed -i wanted to show the doors closed as me and the rats love the wood perches on the doors
Maidenhair on Facebook
Maidenhair on Youtube