Aubiose

For everything to do with rat housing, from cages, litter and bedding to accessories and toys for your rat. Not for advertising items for sale.
User avatar
charlie4591
Member
Member
Posts: 417
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:23 pm
Location: Newcastle UK

Aubiose

Post by charlie4591 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:47 pm

im thinking of mixing aubiose with finacard, anyone know where i can buy it online cheaply? i've looked online and uk pet supplies sell it for £17.79 but i don't really want to pay that much when a bale of finacard is considerably cheaper.
Thanks, Charlotte :D
:love: Owned by my 8 beautiful girlies, Isis, Artemis, Venus, Athena, Freya, Parvati, Sonea and Trinity :love: 3 beautiful baby boys, Akkarin, Ceryni and Neo :love:

User avatar
siberiankiss
Member
Member
Posts: 2922
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:40 pm
Location: North Wales

Re: Aubiose

Post by siberiankiss » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:08 pm

G.J.W Titmuss - £9.05

ETA: Just noticed it says 'not available at the moment', though.
Kate x
Lovingly owned by Boba, Manny ,Floyd, Tom, George, Tiny, William & Eugene.
Resented by Maida & Nilda - The Angry Babies
:rainbow: Snow, Ajax, Ken, Ryu, Daisy, Jack, Dave, Dotty, Bruce, Reg, Eric.

User avatar
acapae_wolf
Member
Member
Posts: 14376
Joined: Sat Dec 28, 2002 7:31 pm
Location: SW London
Contact:

Re: Aubiose

Post by acapae_wolf » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:12 pm

gjw titmuss. £16 inc. delivery (which was in under 24hrs for me in the summer!). I love it. At the minute I'm trying to use up a bale of finacard and am mixing the two together - it works very well.

Finacard is more expensive in the longrun as it's a *much* smaller bale, and very loosely packed. Aubiouse also needs to be changed less often as it's much better with smells.

x-posted!
*~~Beri~~*
with the ratlings: Orbit, Lanorial, Amdridh, Arkiadera, Esker, Brie, Larka and Foxtrot. Also Anfreda the hamsterling.
:hearts: All those who've moved on

User avatar
Marianimal
Member
Member
Posts: 1790
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 12:21 pm
Location: Box, Wiltshire

Re: Aubiose

Post by Marianimal » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:37 pm

acapae_wolf wrote:gjw titmuss. £16 inc. delivery (which was in under 24hrs for me in the summer!). I love it. At the minute I'm trying to use up a bale of finacard and am mixing the two together - it works very well.

Finacard is more expensive in the longrun as it's a *much* smaller bale, and very loosely packed. Aubiouse also needs to be changed less often as it's much better with smells.

x-posted!
I'm still hoarding half a bale of Aubiose! :lol: Equisorb is also good - I've been using it for a few weeks now as I can't get Aubiose anymore and it seems to be just as good!
FP Girls, Oldies, Pink Wrinklies and Wrinkle Men II.
Sleep tight everyone else.

User avatar
siberiankiss
Member
Member
Posts: 2922
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:40 pm
Location: North Wales

Re: Aubiose

Post by siberiankiss » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:42 pm

I'm getting Aubiose next after my new boys arrived with it in their cage. It smells lovely! Though I like to use two substrates too, to give some level of variety so will probably stick with Finacard as the 2nd substrate.
Kate x
Lovingly owned by Boba, Manny ,Floyd, Tom, George, Tiny, William & Eugene.
Resented by Maida & Nilda - The Angry Babies
:rainbow: Snow, Ajax, Ken, Ryu, Daisy, Jack, Dave, Dotty, Bruce, Reg, Eric.

User avatar
aimlessdesire
Member
Member
Posts: 3520
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:36 pm
Location: southampton

Re: Aubiose

Post by aimlessdesire » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:51 pm

I love the way auboise keeps the smell down, but I have to say I've gone back to just ecopetbed now as I'm fed up of auboise getting all round the house. Plus Heather decided that she didn't like it anymore and would spend hours kicking the stuff out of the cage something she doesn't do with cardboard.
Caledonian Rattery breeding for Russian Blue Point Siamese, Black Eyed Siamese, Black and Russian Blue.

User avatar
Marianimal
Member
Member
Posts: 1790
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 12:21 pm
Location: Box, Wiltshire

Re: Aubiose

Post by Marianimal » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:57 pm

aimlessdesire wrote:I love the way auboise keeps the smell down, but I have to say I've gone back to just ecopetbed now as I'm fed up of auboise getting all round the house. Plus Heather decided that she didn't like it anymore and would spend hours kicking the stuff out of the cage something she doesn't do with cardboard.
I've found that's a plus point with Equisorb: less mess! A lot less mess! :lol:
FP Girls, Oldies, Pink Wrinklies and Wrinkle Men II.
Sleep tight everyone else.

User avatar
siberiankiss
Member
Member
Posts: 2922
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:40 pm
Location: North Wales

Re: Aubiose

Post by siberiankiss » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:26 pm

Marianimal wrote:
aimlessdesire wrote:I love the way auboise keeps the smell down, but I have to say I've gone back to just ecopetbed now as I'm fed up of auboise getting all round the house. Plus Heather decided that she didn't like it anymore and would spend hours kicking the stuff out of the cage something she doesn't do with cardboard.
I've found that's a plus point with Equisorb: less mess! A lot less mess! :lol:
You'd better be right, I've just ordered 20k of the stuff since Aubiose seems to be out of stock :o

ETA: Am about to order 20k. Once I find somewhere that sells it - thought I did but apparently not
Kate x
Lovingly owned by Boba, Manny ,Floyd, Tom, George, Tiny, William & Eugene.
Resented by Maida & Nilda - The Angry Babies
:rainbow: Snow, Ajax, Ken, Ryu, Daisy, Jack, Dave, Dotty, Bruce, Reg, Eric.

User avatar
Marianimal
Member
Member
Posts: 1790
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 12:21 pm
Location: Box, Wiltshire

Re: Aubiose

Post by Marianimal » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:36 pm

siberiankiss wrote:
Marianimal wrote:
aimlessdesire wrote:I love the way auboise keeps the smell down, but I have to say I've gone back to just ecopetbed now as I'm fed up of auboise getting all round the house. Plus Heather decided that she didn't like it anymore and would spend hours kicking the stuff out of the cage something she doesn't do with cardboard.
I've found that's a plus point with Equisorb: less mess! A lot less mess! :lol:
You'd better be right, I've just ordered 20k of the stuff since Aubiose seems to be out of stock :o

ETA: Am about to order 20k. Once I find somewhere that sells it - thought I did but apparently not
Well I've gone from vacuuming nearly every day to 3 / 4 days! :D
FP Girls, Oldies, Pink Wrinklies and Wrinkle Men II.
Sleep tight everyone else.

User avatar
siberiankiss
Member
Member
Posts: 2922
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:40 pm
Location: North Wales

Re: Aubiose

Post by siberiankiss » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:37 pm

Is it bigger than Aubiose then?

I couldn't find an online stockist so have just ordered Aubiose from another site. You'll have to send me a taster bag ;)
Kate x
Lovingly owned by Boba, Manny ,Floyd, Tom, George, Tiny, William & Eugene.
Resented by Maida & Nilda - The Angry Babies
:rainbow: Snow, Ajax, Ken, Ryu, Daisy, Jack, Dave, Dotty, Bruce, Reg, Eric.

User avatar
Marianimal
Member
Member
Posts: 1790
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 12:21 pm
Location: Box, Wiltshire

Re: Aubiose

Post by Marianimal » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:06 am

siberiankiss wrote:Is it bigger than Aubiose then?

I couldn't find an online stockist so have just ordered Aubiose from another site. You'll have to send me a taster bag ;)
It's actually a lot finer! I was expecting more mess! :lol: If you want a taster bag I'm more than happy to send you one (:
FP Girls, Oldies, Pink Wrinklies and Wrinkle Men II.
Sleep tight everyone else.

User avatar
siberiankiss
Member
Member
Posts: 2922
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:40 pm
Location: North Wales

Re: Aubiose

Post by siberiankiss » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:28 am

I'll ring round the horse supply shops and see if anyone stocks it (last time I went they didn't/I didn't notice it) and then I might take you up on that. No point sampling if there's nowhere to buy it!
Kate x
Lovingly owned by Boba, Manny ,Floyd, Tom, George, Tiny, William & Eugene.
Resented by Maida & Nilda - The Angry Babies
:rainbow: Snow, Ajax, Ken, Ryu, Daisy, Jack, Dave, Dotty, Bruce, Reg, Eric.

User avatar
Marianimal
Member
Member
Posts: 1790
Joined: Tue May 27, 2008 12:21 pm
Location: Box, Wiltshire

Re: Aubiose

Post by Marianimal » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:32 am

There is that! I get mine from the local horse / agricultural place and it's £8.42 per 20kg bale I think - it was the same price as Aubiose anyway!
FP Girls, Oldies, Pink Wrinklies and Wrinkle Men II.
Sleep tight everyone else.

User avatar
KateR
Member
Member
Posts: 4897
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:35 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: Aubiose

Post by KateR » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:47 am

What is equisorb? Is it hemp too?

I loved Aubiose for the smell side of things but the mess drove me mad. We mixed it with card too.
Mummy to the Rattray rats.
Waiting at Rainbow Bridge - 27 ratty angels.
http://www.rattrayrattery.co.uk
http://www.yorkshireratclub.co.uk/

User avatar
acapae_wolf
Member
Member
Posts: 14376
Joined: Sat Dec 28, 2002 7:31 pm
Location: SW London
Contact:

Re: Aubiose

Post by acapae_wolf » Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:30 am

Maybe being barefoot at home is the answer? Mine never goes anywhere other than some a few cm from the cage.

Equisorb is flax.
*~~Beri~~*
with the ratlings: Orbit, Lanorial, Amdridh, Arkiadera, Esker, Brie, Larka and Foxtrot. Also Anfreda the hamsterling.
:hearts: All those who've moved on

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest