Adding Eyelets?

For everything to do with rat housing, from cages, litter and bedding to accessories and toys for your rat. Not for advertising items for sale.
Sugar-Mouse

Adding Eyelets?

Post by Sugar-Mouse » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:55 am

How do you do it??

I tried adding some once to some tea-towels but it really didn't work at all! I bought an eyelet pincer thing off ebay and some eyelets but the pincer didn't seem to squeeze them tight enough so they were loose and kept falling apart. I also broke the pincer and had to buy another, which I also broke :roll: :lol:

So how on earth do you people manage to put eyelets in so sucessfully? I was looking on Fuzzbutts and they have eyelets in some of their stuff but I don't understand how they do it and get them to look so good :o

Is there some kind of knack to it? Or am I just doing it wrong? If someone could guide me through i'd be very greatful!
Bunny Mum To ~ Tinkerbell, Tiger, Tilly, Tia, Bluebell, Button, Basil, Archie & Shelby
Also Mum To ~ Louie The Chihuahua & Twiglet The African Pygmy Hedgehog <3
Friendly Rabbit Forum: http://www.rabbitretreat.com/

rattypetrolhead

Re: Adding Eyelets?

Post by rattypetrolhead » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:19 am

I buy the eyelet kits from hobbycraft - they have a different style tool for holding the eyelets in place while you bash the hell out of them with a hammer :D Loads of fun if you're a bit peed off about something :wink:
Susie, Alfie, Norman, Echo, Sierra, Fox, Blyth, Clacket, Knutsford, Glenda, Daff, Thirteen, Pickle, Tuesday and Spike

Missing you lots - Dot, Daisy, Summer, Grace, Clover, Juno, Ruby, Fox's bubs, Mamma, Twinny, Rammy and Sheena xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sugar-Mouse

Post by Sugar-Mouse » Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:36 am

rattypetrolhead wrote:I buy the eyelet kits from hobbycraft - they have a different style tool for holding the eyelets in place while you bash the hell out of them with a hammer :D Loads of fun if you're a bit peed off about something :wink:
Ooooo now that sounds fun as well as theraputic! Will have to have a look at that sometime, though not sure my OH will approve on me being let loose with a hammer :lol:
Bunny Mum To ~ Tinkerbell, Tiger, Tilly, Tia, Bluebell, Button, Basil, Archie & Shelby

lamb

Post by lamb » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:14 am

The was a post on here about snap on plastic eyelets a while ago. No need for a hammer :) Maybe somebody can find the link

Sugar-Mouse

Post by Sugar-Mouse » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:35 am

lamb wrote:The was a post on here about snap on plastic eyelets a while ago. No need for a hammer :) Maybe somebody can find the link
Ooo thank you! I'll do a forum search for it x

Flump

Post by Flump » Wed May 11, 2011 2:53 pm

Sugar-Mouse wrote:I was looking on Fuzzbutts and they have eyelets in some of their stuff but I don't understand how they do it and get them to look so good :o
I had to buy an industrial eyeletter that set me back near £200. I've just gone over to smaller eyelets for certain products to keep costs down (the surcharge on brass is near 50% now, on top of the eyelet price :( ) and I needed to get a new eyelet die to fit them, which was another £70. It's the best and quickest way for me to do them though as I'm putting in near 100+ eyelets in some sessions!
Fuzzbutt Cage Comforts - Fabulous Furniture for your Fuzzies! http://www.fuzzbutt.co.uk
:dumbo: RIP Winston I still miss you :( And all my other Fuzzers at the bridge, Poppy Ploppy Twitch Kebab Wiffy Turbo Flump Pearl Snuffy Franklin Skippy :rainbow: