has anyone used this cage for rats?

For everything to do with rat housing, from cages, litter and bedding to accessories and toys for your rat. Not for advertising items for sale.
Athena

has anyone used this cage for rats?

Post by Athena » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:29 am

http://www.americas-pet-store.com/hq-13 ... -cage.html

its not this exact one but almost identical. most of the bars are vertical which will limit layouts, but Im wondering more about the base, is it ssuitable? its so hard to see in the photo!
Zero, Penn, Teller, Jareth, Ludo, Sir Didymus, Bowie, Hoggle, Yngwie, Nuno, Dotty, Daisy, Dash, Florence, Josephine and Constance
Hattie's House rat rescue

Athena

Re: has anyone used this cage for rats?

Post by Athena » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:28 am

the seller got back to me, it is totally enclosed with a wire base so will need lino of trays putting in, but i have just purchased it brand new for the price of £44 instead of £150 as one bar is slightly bent! just need to break it to the oh that he has to collect it now.... :lol:
Zero, Penn, Teller, Jareth, Ludo, Sir Didymus, Bowie, Hoggle, Yngwie, Nuno, Dotty, Daisy, Dash, Florence, Josephine and Constance

ScattieMcRattie

Post by ScattieMcRattie » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:35 am

i have seen it around the forum before but not used it myself i think its kind of like half a happy home, i actually wanted one before i got the explorer. it deffinately sounds like you got a great bargain anyway
" and the muttering grew to a grumbling; and the grumbling grew to a mighty rumbling; and out of the houses the rats came tumbling,"
Maidenhair Rattery Website
Maidenhair on Facebook
Maidenhair on Youtube

Athena

Post by Athena » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:38 am

heres hoping! this is my first cage bought specifically for the rescue, and the first brand new cage I have bought in a long time! Is it sad im actually really excited? :lol:

ScattieMcRattie

Post by ScattieMcRattie » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:41 am

not sad at all i'm only marginally less excited about cages than i am about rats :D i dream of a rat room filled with one wall with three explorers and the other with 6 spare freddy 2's <<<<<======== that right there is sad :oops: :lol:
" and the muttering grew to a grumbling; and the grumbling grew to a mighty rumbling; and out of the houses the rats came tumbling,"
Maidenhair on Facebook
Maidenhair on Youtube

Athena

Post by Athena » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:49 am

i do like how neatly you can line up explorers :lol:

ScattieMcRattie

Post by ScattieMcRattie » Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:51 am

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm explorers *lols head and dribbles homer simpson stylee*
Maidenhair on Facebook
Maidenhair on Youtube

Jillybean

Post by Jillybean » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:09 pm

That is a great bargain Athena, great stuff. I like the look of that cage and it does seem very similar to the Happy House which people seem to like a lot ! :D
:love: Matilda, Georgia, Sylvie, Alice & Lois :love:

Athena

Post by Athena » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:13 pm

cage calc says up to 11 so i think I will use it for my girls to enable me to finish sorting the duetto for the rescue as having seperate sections is more useful for the rescue... 8)

ScattieMcRattie

Post by ScattieMcRattie » Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:38 pm

are you sure ??? i though it was only big enough to house about 6. did you include the stand in your calculations by accident?
Maidenhair on Facebook
Maidenhair on Youtube

Athena

Post by Athena » Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:19 pm

oh pants..... not quite so excited..... and suprised people would keep birds in something that small! its still a good deal just not as good as id thought :-| i need cake now, thanks for pointing it out or i may have turned up to collect it and cried!

ScattieMcRattie

Post by ScattieMcRattie » Sun Jun 05, 2011 5:29 pm

passes cake and beer :( sorry to burst your bubble but like you said its better you realised now than gone to get it and had a shock

Think of it as a bargain white abode on a stand. you couldnt get an abode for £40 these days so its still a good buy in my book.

is it too late to back out of the sale if you really don want it now??
Maidenhair on Facebook
Maidenhair on Youtube

Athena

Post by Athena » Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:44 pm

i still want it, its black luckily not white too, white doesnt really 'go' with the rest of my house :lol: i still think its a bargain considering its brand new, and it wont need plastikoting so that has to be a positive :lol:

ScattieMcRattie

Post by ScattieMcRattie » Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:05 pm

thats good then at leaast its still usefull to you :D i hope you enjoy it when you get it :D
Maidenhair on Facebook
Maidenhair on Youtube

Athena

Post by Athena » Sat Jun 18, 2011 1:44 pm

Quick update, we finally collected the cage yesterday, not done a layout yet but on first inspection it appears a well built sturdy goff looking cage!