Which is your favourite hammock maker?

For everything to do with rat housing, from cages, litter and bedding to accessories and toys for your rat. Not for advertising items for sale.

Your favourite hammock maker

Fuzzbutts
39%
RatPad Hammocks
16%
Sarah's Rat Accessories
17%
Rat-A-Tat Hammocks
1%
Betty's Beds
17%
Snugglebug Hammocks
5%
Kitsch'N'Sniff Bits
3%
Rattie Angels
2%

Total votes: 135

Sarah_B

Re: Which is your favourite hammock maker?

Post by Sarah_B » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:04 pm

I have dug myself a giant hole :(
♥ Cabbage, Sprout, Bean, Bandit, Croque Monster, Peanut, Jam and two unnamed Rattray babies ♥ R.I.P. Flapjack, Sallad, Gherkin, Jim, Doogh and Heathcliff

Rat hammocks, cubes and tubes for sale!

Rat@2E

Post by Rat@2E » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:09 pm

Sarah_B wrote:I have dug myself a giant hole :(
Well, that won't help. If you have time to be digging holes, you've got time to make hammocks :D
"Like a coiled string !"

Residing in the Explorer: Bella, Babs, Molly, Maisie and Husky.
RIP: Tosca, Spud, Pinky, Tilly, Beech Boy, Littlest Rat, Fay.

Sarah_B

Post by Sarah_B » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:12 pm

Haha! I quit! My shop is CLOSED! Leave me alone!!
♥ Cabbage, Sprout, Bean, Bandit, Croque Monster, Peanut, Jam and two unnamed Rattray babies ♥ R.I.P. Flapjack, Sallad, Gherkin, Jim, Doogh and Heathcliff

Razcox

Post by Razcox » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:41 pm

Not brought any hammocks as i tend to just use teatowels and hooks esp on younger rats who always seem to be a bit more 'chewy'. I did look at all the websites though and now want a hommock or two from Sarah's Rat Accessories as they look smashing with so many types of fabric to choose from.

I did also like ratpad but as i only had one vote i gave it to Sarah's Rat Accessories. Spent rather alot on my girls already (and i havent even got them yet!) but will be placing an order next payday with you :)
Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.

Proud doggie mommy to Cassie, Ela and Raina - http://www.lukoinortherninuits.co.uk, rats Cookie, Pip, Noodle and the rat formally known as Charlotte.

Rat@2E

Post by Rat@2E » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:24 pm

Sarah_B wrote:Leave me alone!!
OK :D - *Goes to pester Mrs R instead. Gets kicked in shins. Sulks :( *
"Like a coiled string !"

Residing in the Explorer: Bella, Babs, Molly, Maisie and Husky.
RIP: Tosca, Spud, Pinky, Tilly, Beech Boy, Littlest Rat, Fay.

ratfan70

Post by ratfan70 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:37 pm

Hey Sarah you owe me a free hammock (for votes) as well :lol:
Theres no point in hiding we know you`re out there.
mum/slave to Casper, Rico, Todd, Pepper, Louis, Riley, Cosmo, Alfie & Loki.

Missing my little ones at the bridge: Ziggy, Snowy, Buddy, Rocky & Diesel. RIP Boys!

RetroLemons

Post by RetroLemons » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:55 pm

Im really upset guys, I thought we had something special and then Sarah came flying in with a free hammock deal. Not like she has great hammocks and cool photo's or anything - that conniving wench! *whistles*
From Rowan and the Fuzzlets! Miss you Kenco, Salt, Pretzel, Delilah, Moony & Bailey :( x
RatPad Hammocks - New hammocks out now! Oh and 20% of pre orders go into the rescue pot ;)
10% of your order going to a rattie rescue every time!

Sarah_B

Post by Sarah_B » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:04 pm

RetroLemons wrote:Im really upset guys, I thought we had something special and then Sarah came flying in with a free hammock deal. Not like she has great hammocks and cool photo's or anything - that conniving wench! *whistles*
They are all so fickle, Rowan. Don't let them get to you!

myzoo

Post by myzoo » Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:27 am

Sarah_B wrote:P.S. Free hammocks for everyone that votes for me!! That's fair play, right?!
:wink: i voted for you. not for the "free" hammock but because i just love your hammocks and service you always aim to please and my ratties love your products. especially the custom made items we just love them.And now my oh is collecting mini pegs.
vote for sarahs great value excelent quality freidly service. :wink: :girly:

:wink: rat pads are also good but sarah just pipped her to the post with my last order which we all loved .but ratpad is my second favourate for good value and quality :girly:

msmara

Post by msmara » Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:03 am

siberiankiss wrote:I voted for RatPad because I think it's the best value for money. Despite being pretty cheap - the products are of excellent quality and are on par with other more pricey shops. I love Fuzzbutts but think it is terribly overpriced.
^^ This.
Samara & the Squishness
Member of the Explorer Club
Gone with pieces of my heart: Rocco :dumborainbow: Salt :rainbow: Yoji :dumborainbow:

Flump

Post by Flump » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:57 pm

Sorry to hear some of you think I'm overpriced :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: however I'm working on a solution for all you people out there on a budget so keep your ear to the ground....... While some of my stuff can be destroyed overnight by a persistent chewer (as can any of the other hammock maker's products) it's great to also receive emails with photos of cubes that are 2+ years old and still going strong after multiple boil washes and many chew-fests, which IMO makes them good value for money. Still, you can't please everyone and it's "each to their own". Who else offers a "buy 2 get 1 free" on hammocks, plus freebies for spends over £40 and £50? :love:

Rats can chew through concrete and metal so nothing any of us make will ever be totally chew-proof :D :D :D
Fuzzbutt Cage Comforts - Fabulous Furniture for your Fuzzies! http://www.fuzzbutt.co.uk
:dumbo: RIP Winston I still miss you :( And all my other Fuzzers at the bridge, Poppy Ploppy Twitch Kebab Wiffy Turbo Flump Pearl Snuffy Franklin Skippy :rainbow:

pumpkinpie83

Post by pumpkinpie83 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:13 pm

Fuzzbutt rules!!!!!

My boys have had hammocks from else where and they hate them!
To the world you are a rat, but to me you are my world.
I love to hug a hoody!
Penny - Owned by Rocky, Rascal, Wallace and Gromit.
Waiting at the bridge - Reggie, Ronnie, Rizzo & Remy.

Sarah_B

Post by Sarah_B » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:24 pm

It's all about personal preference, surely?!

siberiankiss

Post by siberiankiss » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:29 pm

I don't think it's an issue of being 'on a budget'.

The quality of Fuzzbutt's hammocks is good. Excellent, perhaps. However, I feel that you can get exactly the same level of attention and quality from other hammock makers - yet pay half, maybe even less than half sometimes, of the price. It's about being economic, not about being on a budget. I certainly would never spend £40 on hammocks in one go and I am by no means on a budget. In fact, I'm really bad with my money and throw it about all over the place :lol: I find it almost insulting that someone would think I don't generally (I say generally because I have bought from Fuzzbutts am likely to again) buy from Fuzzbutts because I'm too poor too - and therefore I must be on a budget. Poor little skint me.
Kate x
Lovingly owned by Boba, Manny ,Floyd, Tom, George, Tiny, William & Eugene.
Resented by Maida & Nilda - The Angry Babies
:rainbow: Snow, Ajax, Ken, Ryu, Daisy, Jack, Dave, Dotty, Bruce, Reg, Eric.

lynz

Post by lynz » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:33 pm

i voted for the only one i've ever used, ratpad :) i too just usually use teatowels and chopping off the legs of my old pj's makes for a nice tunnel! but when they wash, they fray quickly.
i love the bargain bucket, great value hammocks and i treated mines to some of the fleecey ones aswell..... hmmm i may go have a wee potter about just now!!
bruce & his 2 bros! nibbles, pebbles, lola

sleep tight mummy rat 9/11/10, Bailey 9/12/10, Missy 28/1/11, Bob 31/1/11, Izzy 9/2/11, Dinky 7/3/11, Tink 13/6/11, Kizkiz 2/7/11
rip skitz, tumshie, dumbo, tubs, chino, oz's and all my childhood ratties