Which is your favourite hammock maker?

For everything to do with rat housing, from cages, litter and bedding to accessories and toys for your rat. Not for advertising items for sale.

Your favourite hammock maker

Fuzzbutts
39%
RatPad Hammocks
16%
Sarah's Rat Accessories
17%
Rat-A-Tat Hammocks
1%
Betty's Beds
17%
Snugglebug Hammocks
5%
Kitsch'N'Sniff Bits
3%
Rattie Angels
2%

Total votes: 135

KatieJ

Re: Which is your favourite hammock maker?

Post by KatieJ » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:33 pm

I voted for Fuzzbutt because I love their cute designs and fabrics. I would also very much like to vote for TRW, can it be added on? And although she doesn't sell them NickyE's too, she was kind enough to send some with ratty Jacob (before the possessed sewing machine episode :lol: ) and my boys LOVED them!
::Katie::
~Wisdom~Bounty~Sparrow~Sunshine~Arfur~Wilson~Deeks~Oakie~

Flump

Post by Flump » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:39 pm

Sarah_B wrote:It's all about personal preference, surely?!
Sorry people, didn't mean to offend and yes it is all about individual choice. Tomayto-tomato etc etc ;) I always welcome feedback but rarely hear complaints about the price, so I guess I was just a bit taken aback that's all. Don't mind me I'm too sensitive :oops:
Fuzzbutt Cage Comforts - Fabulous Furniture for your Fuzzies! http://www.fuzzbutt.co.uk
:dumbo: RIP Winston I still miss you :( And all my other Fuzzers at the bridge, Poppy Ploppy Twitch Kebab Wiffy Turbo Flump Pearl Snuffy Franklin Skippy :rainbow:

philosophyfox

Post by philosophyfox » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:02 pm

I think it's great there's a whole range of budgets and styles available. I don't often see materials being duplicated over the different hammock makers, and everyone has a different niche they fill.

At the end of the day rats really don't care if they have tea towels, pillowcases, home made, budget range or gold threaded hammocks. As long as they provide a lounging spot for them, they are happy.
Moth :dumbo: Slug :dunce: Bug :smileyrat: Grub :smileyrat:
Missing: Ziggy Tribble Fiver Gumbo Rowdy Hige Toboe Tate Lyle Steven Daisy Crunchie Gaelan

Sarah_B

Post by Sarah_B » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:05 pm

Flump wrote:
Sarah_B wrote:It's all about personal preference, surely?!
Sorry people, didn't mean to offend and yes it is all about individual choice. Tomayto-tomato etc etc ;) I always welcome feedback but rarely hear complaints about the price, so I guess I was just a bit taken aback that's all. Don't mind me I'm too sensitive :oops:
Your stuff is amazing quality and I don't think it is overpriced! You are the hammock queen so have nothing to worry about ;)
♥ Cabbage, Sprout, Bean, Bandit, Croque Monster, Peanut, Jam and two unnamed Rattray babies ♥ R.I.P. Flapjack, Sallad, Gherkin, Jim, Doogh and Heathcliff

Rat hammocks, cubes and tubes for sale!

acapae_wolf

Post by acapae_wolf » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:14 pm

High-end stuff is what I point relatives at when they ask me what I want for Christmas/ birthday - knowing they won't get me what I really want, but that they may get me a hammock or something if it looks special :lol: However because I only have one cage and they're lucky if they get one or 2 hammocks per layout, overall I prefer cheaper hammocks rather than offers if I spend more money.

Offers on parrot toys on the other hand... LOL.
*~~Beri~~*
with the ratlings: Orbit, Lanorial, Amdridh, Arkiadera, Esker, Brie, Larka and Foxtrot. Also Anfreda the hamsterling.
:hearts: All those who've moved on

Pirate

Post by Pirate » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:17 pm

I voted Fuzzbutts bceause that's the only place I've gotten hammocky things from and the like from that I can recall. My gf makes them for me now, though (mostly cubey like beds, as the boys prefer them), and they're brilliant, so I don't buy them from anywhere, anymore.
Benjamin [Autistic & Proud]
The rat lads:Diego, Tristan, Noah, Isaac, Ace, Spooky.
Rat lads at the bridge: Bebop, Rocksteady, Charlie, Fudge, Icarus, Tobias, Bacchus, Zeke, Hugo.

RetroLemons

Post by RetroLemons » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:18 pm

We cant please everyone so its good there are a range of hammock makers :D I once had someone write a review on a site about how he expected something of mine to be poor quality due to the price and when it arrived he was surprised to find it wasn't :o
From Rowan and the Fuzzlets! Miss you Kenco, Salt, Pretzel, Delilah, Moony & Bailey :( x
RatPad Hammocks - New hammocks out now! Oh and 20% of pre orders go into the rescue pot ;)
10% of your order going to a rattie rescue every time!

NickyE

Post by NickyE » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:31 pm

KatieJ wrote:I voted for Fuzzbutt because I love their cute designs and fabrics. I would also very much like to vote for TRW, can it be added on? And although she doesn't sell them NickyE's too, she was kind enough to send some with ratty Jacob (before the possessed sewing machine episode :lol: ) and my boys LOVED them!
Breaking news - my sewing machine has just come back from the exorcist...I mean repair man...today! It still had issues even after the foot pedal was replaced. Still won't be selling hammies but can at least make some more for my ravenous hoard!

I love fuzzbutt hammocks and have various styles. Some are confirmed as tasty, some are gnawed but still going. I think I even remember buying a 2nd hand cube! Have definitely been given some 2nd hand Plammocks - ideal for a Superpet cage. Also love Kitsch'n'sniff hammocks and had to go for an oversized Lazyboy (which my crew are slowly gutting the padding from, but they do pass it to me very nicely through the bars, which is kind)

Having been bent over on the kitchen floor cutting out hammocks I applaud EVERYONE who makes enough hammocks to sell, kudos to you
Cats Steffi Mac
<3 Shadow Noodles Ripley Halle Tia Kembali Tempest River Riley Finn Huxley Lucian
@Bridge cats BorisBillieMo :rainbow: PerdyMittsMrPobZemmiMannyAimeeFlossLucyLiuFargoRiddickMegan MelodyMonkeyImogenBrennaDannyNewtTurkMurphy Miss U :cry:

hoobear

Post by hoobear » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:44 pm

Just received my order from Sarah B and wow, they are amazing :] They look great, the order was speedy and they are very reasonably priced :love:
Now I just need my rats :p

RCTlisa

Post by RCTlisa » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:21 pm

Bettys Bed all the way for me. I have some which I bought 4 years ago still going
Websites: RCT Rats, RCT Stud
RCT Stud is breeding for happy, friendly and healthy rats in Mink, British Blue & Black.
Mildands Rat Club - Next Show 1st October

RetroLemons

Post by RetroLemons » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:01 pm

For anyone in America this person has beautiful hammocks and the widest range of material I have ever seen! :hearts:
From Rowan and the Fuzzlets! Miss you Kenco, Salt, Pretzel, Delilah, Moony & Bailey :( x
RatPad Hammocks - New hammocks out now! Oh and 20% of pre orders go into the rescue pot ;)

KellyTheCrazyRatLady

Post by KellyTheCrazyRatLady » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:43 pm

i love looking at the designs on fuzzbutts and think they have some of the best made hammocks on the net. they also have alot of materials to choose from. yes they are expensive but when they are that well made and with so much materials to choose from and hammock designs then that is ok. fuzzbutt comes up with many new designs for hammocks, instead of just making corner hammocks and flat hammocks.
the only site on the list i have bought from is rattie angels, i found sam on ebay while i was looking for hammocks for a mouse cage. she had premade items, me being me asked for a certain size and she made me a deal and gave me discount on shipping because i ordered 2 hammocks. delivery was quick and they were well made. shame that the mice fit thro the abrs so had to go into a plastic cage instead that couldnt have hammocks so 1 of the hammocks went in with 2 elderly boys who chewed thro the ribbon, but they still used it to sleep in.
the one hammock maker you dont have on the list is snugglefuzzies. its a friends website, they are just starting out making rat and ferret hammocks. they are well made with a big choice of fabrics.

i now make my own hammocks as having 31 rats in7 cages can be quite expensive to kit out with lots of hammocks. i use childrens curtains and polar fleece for my hammocks. i use webbing to hold them up, along with d rings and clips. cost a bit to start with but soon saves money as i can make haundreds more hammocks with the ammount of fleece i have left (i bought a 15m roll of blue polkar dot fleece).
Owned by Aeris Akkarin Araxis Braxton Briec Brisingr Codeh Deloi Eihbear Eldunari Gwenvael Kirin Kyddin Laisren Leighton Lorlen Martris Micah Osen Phury Qysan Reuben Rhage Riley Rixon Rydan Serin Toffee Torin Tyailan and Wraythe

RetroLemons

Post by RetroLemons » Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:36 pm

Flump wrote:Who else offers a "buy 2 get 1 free" on hammocks, plus freebies for spends over £40 and £50?
I dont know about anyone else, but I used to with the hammock deal. I also still offer a free pouch to orders over £35, free postage on orders over £25 and donate a percentage to rescues.
KellyTheCrazyRatLady wrote: fuzzbutt comes up with many new designs for hammocks, instead of just making corner hammocks and flat hammocks.
Sorry I had to point out the it's not just Fuzzbutts that develops different designs, I've seen a few hammock makers come up with them and it seems unfair to ignore the fact. I'm not sure if this is me mis-reading it or not!

I wasn't going to post, didnt want to lose custom but at the end of the day I mainly run RatPad for my love of sewing and animals. My prices are on the lower end, I would hope that doesn't suddenly make me cheap and tacky (Sorry but couldn't help but notice some of the comments on the facebook page, which did hurt and anyone charging less for their hammocks would probably feel the same). I make minimal profits that goes to the care of my animals and the rest I donate, I'll carry on even if I just got one order a blue moon because its the one thing I can call mine :hearts:

myzoo

Post by myzoo » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:28 pm

RetroLemons wrote:
Flump wrote:Who else offers a "buy 2 get 1 free" on hammocks, plus freebies for spends over £40 and £50?
I dont know about anyone else, but I used to with the hammock deal. I also still offer a free pouch to orders over £35, free postage on orders over £25 and donate a percentage to rescues.
KellyTheCrazyRatLady wrote: fuzzbutt comes up with many new designs for hammocks, instead of just making corner hammocks and flat hammocks.
Sorry I had to point out the it's not just Fuzzbutts that develops different designs, I've seen a few hammock makers come up with them and it seems unfair to ignore the fact. I'm not sure if this is me mis-reading it or not!

I wasn't going to post, didnt want to lose custom but at the end of the day I mainly run RatPad for my love of sewing and animals. My prices are on the lower end, I would hope that doesn't suddenly make me cheap and tacky (Sorry but couldn't help but notice some of the comments on the facebook page, which did hurt and anyone charging less for their hammocks would probably feel the same). I make minimal profits that goes to the care of my animals and the rest I donate, I'll carry on even if I just got one order a blue moon because its the one thing I can call mine :hearts:
:hearts: i agree cheap dosent mean poor quality ive bought many a so called cheap hammocks and tbh they have lasted better than some of the more expensive ones.i know you and sarha are always coming up with new designs and you both are always really helpfull to meed each individual order needs/cusom ect.
tbh i prefer the personal service from you and sarha its more freindly and excelent value for money most of all you enjoy what you do and take pride in what you do.everybody benefits the animals,the mummys,you,rescues,your animals so what more could anybody ask for. dont let other peoples put you off.keep up the goo work :luck: :luck:
(i hope i worded this ok im not very good at putting thoughts to paper lol)

RetroLemons

Post by RetroLemons » Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:56 pm

myzoo wrote: :hearts: i agree cheap dosent mean poor quality ive bought many a so called cheap hammocks and tbh they have lasted better than some of the more expensive ones.i know you and sarha are always coming up with new designs and you both are always really helpfull to meed each individual order needs/cusom ect.
tbh i prefer the personal service from you and sarha its more freindly and excelent value for money most of all you enjoy what you do and take pride in what you do.everybody benefits the animals,the mummys,you,rescues,your animals so what more could anybody ask for. dont let other peoples put you off.keep up the goo work :luck: :luck:
(i hope i worded this ok im not very good at putting thoughts to paper lol)
You worded it brilliantly, thank you :hearts:

Another hammock business that has cheaper hammocks, different designs and a large range of fabric is Hammocky Hammocks. I've also heard alot of their products being very high quality (Just made an order myself), it's always worth checking out different hammock makers to see what they have to offer :D