Has any one had any experience with this cage?

For everything to do with rat housing, from cages, litter and bedding to accessories and toys for your rat. Not for advertising items for sale.
squitchley

Re: Has any one had any experience with this cage?

Post by squitchley » Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:09 am

You've all completely persuaded me to get this. Just waiting for her to mail back about the cage :D

squitchley

Post by squitchley » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:48 pm

Didn't want to start a new topic so I'm just posting again in here.
Basically, I didn't get mailed back about the explorer so I'm pretty much presuming it's a lost cause.
Now I have no idea what cage to get, & I thought you lovely people would be able to help me with this decision.
I want a rather large cage (then hopefully I won't have to get another cage for a long time), I only have 2 rats at the moment, both female, very active, so needs to be rather tall at least. Room to run around. I'd like a large door/s, as the one I have now has tiny doors. At the end of the week, I should have around £100 to spend on a cage. I could go a bit above this price (but my mum is making me spend money on myself for once when I get this money :roll: )
Any suggestions? I'm rubbish at making decisions :roll:

Ratty_Rhian

Post by Ratty_Rhian » Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:22 pm

There's some Explorer's in the Marketplace in Lancashire. Don't know if you will be passing but thought I'd point it out anyway.
Anwen, Ceinwen , Delyth, Hazel, Ruby, Willow :smileyrat:
Astrid, Beth, David, Dora, George, Josephine, Jonathan, Maisy, Mel, Merlin, Patra :rainbow:

Member of the EC!

indigoj

Post by indigoj » Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:06 pm

Personally I would wait and get an explorer, they do come up second hand fairly frequently, I paid £100 ish for each of mine in nearly new condition. Have you tried Gumtree/Preloved etc?
9 Roans-Comet,Luna,Selene,Twinkle,Hobbit,Evey,Echo,Flash,Splash.2 Black Berkie-Elara,Perdita,2 Black Rex-Lola,Sofia,1 PEW- Tinkerbell,2 Siamese-Saffron,Daisy,2 Half Wild- Indigo,Imbrium, and 2 Parkies-Mink Dumbo-Atomic,Rapture

msmara

Post by msmara » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:43 am

indigoj wrote:Personally I would wait and get an explorer, they do come up second hand fairly frequently, I paid £100 ish for each of mine in nearly new condition. Have you tried Gumtree/Preloved etc?
I agree. Altho it took a while for me to get used to my explorer from my tower cage, I love it & think it was definitely worth getting. I'll be getting another (or an SRS) when we move & I can have my ferrets *gets excited*
Samara & the Squishness
Member of the Explorer Club
Gone with pieces of my heart: Rocco :dumborainbow: Salt :rainbow: Yoji :dumborainbow:

squitchley

Post by squitchley » Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:49 pm

Ratty_Rhian: The explorer I messaged about was one of those from Lancashire, the other ones too far. But thanks anyway :)
indigoj: I am frequently checking Gumtree/Preloved for explorers, with no such luck so far. But I think me and my ratties will have to wait to find an explorer rather than go for something else I might not be happy with :)
msmara: Oooh, I'm excited for you. I've never had ferrets but I do love them :)

KellyTheCrazyRatLady

Post by KellyTheCrazyRatLady » Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:57 pm

i like the furet tower. i have 11 boys in mine. great for access and room
Owned by Aeris Akkarin Araxis Braxton Briec Brisingr Codeh Deloi Eihbear Eldunari Gwenvael Kirin Kyddin Laisren Leighton Lorlen Martris Micah Osen Phury Qysan Reuben Rhage Riley Rixon Rydan Serin Toffee Torin Tyailan and Wraythe

bellepemberton

Post by bellepemberton » Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:48 pm

Have pmd you :-)
Owned by :love: Myen max Crumble Rexy Snowy Sapphire-blue Kisses Love Eeny meeny Sparkle Rio M and L :love:
adored & never forgotten :rainbow: Cinnamon kitkat Meeka Peachy twix Milly Lucy HJ Cookie Jeff :love:
http://www.cookierats.co.uk