Carrier recommendations please :)

For everything to do with rat housing, from cages, litter and bedding to accessories and toys for your rat. Not for advertising items for sale.
izzerie

Carrier recommendations please :)

Post by izzerie » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:07 pm

I have a group of five big older boys which is soon to expand to seven. I'm looking for a carrier to accommodate around this number (a couple more would be great) for vets trips and cage clean outs. I am anticpating that I will have to take all of them to the vets fairly regularly as none of my boys keep their claws short and we have group trimming seasons at the vets :roll: plus some of them are getting on so I imagine several of them will be going to vets at once. I also don't want anything too bulky as I don't drive so get to the vets by bus.

Anyone have any recommendations? I did think about a cabrio, I have one for my bunny and I quite like it but it's quite pricey!
Albert, Annie, Matilda, Sidney, Ivan, Mozart, Samson, Pablo, Tabitha, Rose, Violet, Hettie, Billy, Horatio, Flash, Atlas, Bentley
At the bridge: Henry & Rupert

Sidney's Safe House for Rats

Amzy

Re: Carrier recommendations please :)

Post by Amzy » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:39 pm

izzerie wrote: Anyone have any recommendations? I did think about a cabrio, I have one for my bunny and I quite like it but it's quite pricey!
Do you specifically want separate carriers? You could just use your cabrio for the rats to?
Amy&the girls: Mary Miffy Lily Cupcake Lucky Pickle Dina Seven Fortune Rowena Tianna Leila Aurora Enya Texalina Kiara :dumbogirly: & the boys!: Heinz Branston Hellmans & Dave
Aunty to 30 & Half-Mum to 4 :hearts:

izzerie

Post by izzerie » Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:57 pm

I would like separate ones because woodshavings and hay and stuff for my bunny goes in there and I don't want the ratties coming into contact with it. Also sometimes hubby and I clean animals at the same time and therefore the cabrio might be occupied.

So yeah, separate carriers would be good :)
Albert, Annie, Matilda, Sidney, Ivan, Mozart, Samson, Pablo, Tabitha, Rose, Violet, Hettie, Billy, Horatio, Flash, Atlas, Bentley
At the bridge: Henry & Rupert

Sidney's Safe House for Rats

kwalters

Post by kwalters » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:14 pm

This interests me too! Anyone know of the cheapest place to get a hagen cabrio???? :P I'm still listening for other ideas though... :wink:

MrsSetters

Post by MrsSetters » Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:57 am

I picked up a cabrio on Ebay for a tenner! It arrived today in spanking nick, I am chuffed as...well, as a rat! :lol:
Lola :girly: Paris :baby: Juno :dumbobaby: Cressida :dumbobaby:
Emmy and Ruby, playing forever at the Bridge, run free my gorgeous girls.
Dharma and Morgan, cats extraordinaire.