Tempoary rat cage

For everything to do with rat housing, from cages, litter and bedding to accessories and toys for your rat. Not for advertising items for sale.
ady

Tempoary rat cage

Post by ady » Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:40 am

Could someone advice me please I am going away for a week and need a holiday cage for my two rats, they are coming with me and staying at my parents house, could any advice me on what cage is good for a holiday cage.
Thanks
Ady

KellyTheCrazyRatLady

Re: Tempoary rat cage

Post by KellyTheCrazyRatLady » Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:57 am

it depends what you are after? what cage do you normally have them in? i would say a freddy o if you wanted a smaller cage a ferplast mary.
Owned by Aeris Akkarin Araxis Braxton Briec Brisingr Codeh Deloi Eihbear Eldunari Gwenvael Kirin Kyddin Laisren Leighton Lorlen Martris Micah Osen Phury Qysan Reuben Rhage Riley Rixon Rydan Serin Toffee Torin Tyailan and Wraythe

Ratty_Rhian

Post by Ratty_Rhian » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:02 am

I'd go with a Furet plus. They area decent size for a holiday cage and they flatpack which is useful for transportation and storage purposes.
Anwen, Ceinwen , Delyth, Hazel, Ruby, Willow :smileyrat:
Astrid, Beth, David, Dora, George, Josephine, Jonathan, Maisy, Mel, Merlin, Patra :rainbow:

Member of the EC!

ady

Post by ady » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:00 pm

Thanks both, will get down to searching the web now for one of your suggestions.

thanks again
adyx :D

acapae_wolf

Post by acapae_wolf » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:08 pm

What're they in now? For that few rats people often just take their permanent cage for holidays as you can't viably restrict cage size by much more.
*~~Beri~~*
with the ratlings: Orbit, Lanorial, Amdridh, Arkiadera, Esker, Brie, Larka and Foxtrot. Also Anfreda the hamsterling.
:hearts: All those who've moved on

burninglight

Post by burninglight » Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:24 pm

Ratty_Rhian wrote:I'd go with a Furet plus. They area decent size for a holiday cage and they flatpack which is useful for transportation and storage purposes.

also reduced to £60 on the p@h website at the moment. Not sure if that is that good a price, just noticed it was reduced when eying up the SRS.

ady

Post by ady » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:36 pm

yeah its good price, they are in a jenny at the minute, the problem was never size but not all of the cages are easy to assemble and disassemble, this plays a major factor as i also have three kids and two dogs and not too forget me and the other half all in one s-max, a tight squeeze to say the least

emma10

Post by emma10 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:09 pm

Id say a furret plus then. I use mine as a holiday cage, literally takes 5 mins to put up/get down :)
:luck: enjoy your holiday!
Mummy to Billy, Maxi and Bilo <3

Goodbye Dento, hope you find a forever home my squidgey<3

hedgeweasel

Post by hedgeweasel » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:34 am

personally (and i know most people wont agree with me) but the critter type cages a c2 or 3 as they are3 cheap, flatpack, and a great spare cage for hospital/babies/holidays

acapae_wolf

Post by acapae_wolf » Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:45 am

Ah yes, I can quite see not wanting to take an old-style Jenny on holiday with you :lol:
I'd agree on the critter cages. They're not the best long-term now with so many other options, but just on a short-term basis they're cheap and they work. A C2 is about the same size as a Savic Freddy, so a bit bigger than a Furet Plus for comparison purposes.

Depends what you're after really, and how important cost is :D
*~~Beri~~*
with the ratlings: Orbit, Lanorial, Amdridh, Arkiadera, Esker, Brie, Larka and Foxtrot. Also Anfreda the hamsterling.
:hearts: All those who've moved on