OK Cage/sitting room de-ponging plan

For everything to do with rat housing, from cages, litter and bedding to accessories and toys for your rat. Not for advertising items for sale.
Hanlou

Re: OK Cage/sitting room de-ponging plan

Post by Hanlou » Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:30 pm

sati18 wrote:^^^^ that is fabulous- really really helpful. literally buying it now. Thank you all very much :-)

Have bought the vinyl etc and trunking to separate rats and wires.... tomorrow is the big day- hoping to have a basically usable room by the end of the day. Fingers crossed!!
I've just bought one too - thanks for the link! :D

We *might* be selling our house soon so I think it'll come in handy.
Love Han and the (( Lilliput Three - Nisha, Lila and Koko )) :girly:
:rainbow: Goodbye Mollie, Blossom, Flora, Fudge, Rolo, Bailey, Tia, Honey, Poppy and Daisy xx

izzerie

Post by izzerie » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:42 am

As for sofas that are easy to clean, Ikea modular sofas are great. They come with machine washable covers so once a month I strip them off and give them a wash. This is my sofa :)
Albert, Annie, Matilda, Sidney, Ivan, Mozart, Samson, Pablo, Tabitha, Rose, Violet, Hettie, Billy, Horatio, Flash, Atlas, Bentley
At the bridge: Henry & Rupert

Sidney's Safe House for Rats

sati18

Post by sati18 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:38 pm

Izzrie- what about the arms of the sofa? My old sofa had washable cushions (well i washed them anyway :lol: ) but the arms could't be washed and as such were grey within 2 years of rats. Plus the little wotzits chewed through the back of the sofa! :roll:

Just have to say - both the sitting room and rat room are FINISHED!!! and if you'll excuse me i'm going to post photos because i have done an extraordinary amount of DIY to get the rooms done over the last 4 days and i feel the need to show everyone :oops:

The sitting room, floor totally re-sanded, stained and varnished - now sans rats:

And the rat room, changed frm a study with full furniture and a carpet into a nice wipe dwn room for the boys to play in:

:D
Proudly owned by the big boys (Jeff, George & Toby) and the babbies (Sid & Ozzy)
RIP Monty, Emile, Leo, Angus, Otto, Remy and Rafe... mummy misses you every day.

myzoo

Post by myzoo » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:36 pm

:D :D :wink: :D Awwwww! wow well done you have done so muck work in so little time and the ratties will be so happy to have a whole room all to them selves.
and your living room looks brilliant i really like the floor i bet it was hard work sanding and painting all that. but any way id just like to say a big .WELL DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

izzerie

Post by izzerie » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:01 pm

No you can't wash the arms without taking the sofa apart but a little febreze once a week would be fine :)

Rooms are looking good! :D
Albert, Annie, Matilda, Sidney, Ivan, Mozart, Samson, Pablo, Tabitha, Rose, Violet, Hettie, Billy, Horatio, Flash, Atlas, Bentley
At the bridge: Henry & Rupert

Sidney's Safe House for Rats

Julie_Ann

Post by Julie_Ann » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:13 pm

Looking good!

I just bought Tap-a-Drop from the Rat Warehouse website - the soft linen one smells good and it's working a treat in my rat room. I sit my air purifier on top of (well, I use the purifier as a weight with part of the tissue sticking out at the front) a bit of tissue with a few drops and, as the air is circulated by the air purifier, the soft linen smell is distributed around the room.

Also, I've heard that vinegar/water or lemon juice/water solutions work well as air fresheners. . .maybe a few sprays around the room would help?

Good luck with your new man ;)

P.S. You're welcome for the link - hope you find the purifiers useful!

sati18

Post by sati18 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:15 am

Thanks Guys :D :hearts:

Now the problem is that having an entire room for the rats, it looks a bit empty .... can see a big old rat toy shopping spree in the very near future.... powerless. to. resist!
Proudly owned by the big boys (Jeff, George & Toby) and the babbies (Sid & Ozzy)
RIP Monty, Emile, Leo, Angus, Otto, Remy and Rafe... mummy misses you every day.