Ideas for ground floor toys/activities?

For everything to do with rat housing, from cages, litter and bedding to accessories and toys for your rat. Not for advertising items for sale.
jennifer-rat

Ideas for ground floor toys/activities?

Post by jennifer-rat » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:38 pm

Looking at my recent cage layouts, I've realised that I haven't been using the ground floor space of my opened out Explorer very well - I have various plastic beds, bury tubes in finacard and give them cardboard boxes but that's about the extent of it, the rest of the stuff is hanging toys/beds or attaches to the side of the cage. Has anyone got any good ideas of how I could better utilise the space? Pics would be great :) I have a trio of very active, very healthy 16 month old boys and I'm planning to get another trio of baby boys in the near future. :)
Jen, plus:
:dumbo: Puck, Pitri and Diesel
Remembered forever: Norman, Nesbitt, Scamp, Stuart, Jasper and Carrot.

acapae_wolf

Re: Ideas for ground floor toys/activities?

Post by acapae_wolf » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:42 pm

I specifically have very little on the floor (stones/ treat rolly balls only) so that they have maximum space for foraging, running and just generally bouncing around. Never any beds, or tubes certainly. Occasionally they'll have a perch or a rope running along not too far off the floor, but that's about it.
*~~Beri~~*
with the ratlings: Orbit, Lanorial, Amdridh, Arkiadera, Esker, Brie, Larka and Foxtrot. Also Anfreda the hamsterling.
:hearts: All those who've moved on

nikdakoolchick

Re: Ideas for ground floor toys/activities?

Post by nikdakoolchick » Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:29 pm

I have a digging box at the bottom of my explorer. its basically just a shallow box filled with random pieces diffrent material and paper which i occasionally hide treats in. mine love to dig around inside and love the diffrent textures. I dont have any pics yet sorry.