GMR.... What about GMC??

For everything to do with rat housing, from cages, litter and bedding to accessories and toys for your rat. Not for advertising items for sale.
Hanlou

Re: GMR.... What about GMC??

Post by Hanlou » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:13 pm

It's funny 'cos I was thinking about this the other night!

I've had tons of cages for rats and other small animals.

Have had....

A 2 1/2 ft tank (yes, yes I know! Didn't use it for long but it seemed ok at the time somehow. :oops: )
A rabbit 100 cage came next.

When I discovered the internet (and FR!) I got a Terenziani Michelangelo which is sort of a better version of a Critter 2 lol. I loved that cage which is ironic when I don't really like these kinds of cages now!! :P

Then Julie of Acrorats made a post about her discovery of adapting Ferplast Aviaries into rat cages using Ferplast shelves. So I got a Ferplast Brio Medium eventually. I loved that cage, I really, really did! But the space at the bottom of the cage always seemed a bit narrow when my ratties got older.
I got a Tall Speedy Chinchilla cage next. (No longer made - blue and green like Tall Chinchillas but 100cm wide). Good cage but then my groups fell out and I needed a split level cage so I got the Ferplast Duetto.

In-between have had several Freddy cages etc. Even ended up selling a Freddy cage and then buying one again at some later date! :oops:

Other cages for small animals and guinea pigs etc include Freddy cages, Hamster Heavens, Rody Medium, Zoozone 2, Mickey XL, Critter 2, R5A 120, Samo 82, C&C cages, an XL dog crate, a Savic XL Gerbilarium and more.......

Currently have a Hagen Big One, 2 x Freddy cages, 2 x Hamster Heavens, a Mickey Max cage (for meecy intros and also handy when the rats are being cleaned out!), a Mini Duna and a Tall Chinchilla cage which is the rats' current cage. I want an SRS in the future and would love a Freddy 3 (for future hamsters!). :D

Always on the look out for a bargain! Well you just never know do you?! 8)

I have been very good and sold lots of cages lately though.
Love Han and the (( Lilliput Three - Nisha, Lila and Koko )) :girly:
:rainbow: Goodbye Mollie, Blossom, Flora, Fudge, Rolo, Bailey, Tia, Honey, Poppy and Daisy xx

philosophyfox

Post by philosophyfox » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:28 pm

I'm never satisfied with cages and have been through several. I replaced my old home made monster with a Samo 102, which I replaced with a High Rise Mammal which I replaced with a SRS. I've had a Ferplast Rabbit 100 retirement cage, Critter 2 and 3 in between times.

I have a Savic Ziggy for intros, a Jack 72 for a hospital cage, and two Samo 82s in the loft. I'll be replacing my SRS with one of the Samo 82s in the autumn though - I really prefer their doors to the full opening SRS ones :oops: I did comment to Beri once about me being the hokey pokey queen of Samos and hunky metal cages. :lol:
Moth :dumbo: Slug :dunce: Bug :smileyrat: Grub :smileyrat:
Missing: Ziggy Tribble Fiver Gumbo Rowdy Hige Toboe Tate Lyle Steven Daisy Crunchie Gaelan

tinytippytoes

Post by tinytippytoes » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:54 pm

Yeah I have this too. I have a Ruud which I know you don't have in UK. http://www.martinscages.com/products/cages/rat/ I have the bottom one (699) Its big enough but now I want to add on already,tssk to bad I dont have the money! :roll: To add insult I just got the Ruud last week. Is that sick or what?

CrazyBadger

Post by CrazyBadger » Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:52 pm

ah I have a bad case of this right now. Have promised myself that when I get a new job I can buy an SRS, my dream cage, and its only about £244 on ECF, with 10% off thats only £219! :D
Currently only have: Furet Tower(which I am slowly growing to loathe) critter 2 and furet plus. wanting to bin/get rid of the critter 2 and get something more potentially useful like a critter 1 or ideally a criteci 15 as a hospital/smaller spare cage/intro cage. I just love the furet plus too much to part with it even though I have no need for it really :oops:
^^^ Owned by Spyro :smileyrat: Skittle :smileyrat: Badger :dumbo: Shadow :dumbo: Whisper :smileyrat: and Smudge :smileyrat: ^^^^

KateR

Post by KateR » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:31 am

I am a GMC sufferer too.

The girls currently live in 2 SRSs with half an explorer attached to the top of each.

We then also have
- 3 Jennys
- 1 Mary
- 1 Savic Nero 4
- 1 Ruffy
- 1 Cambridge

And a Furet Tower lives at my parents' for when we take arts up there to SRC shows :oops:
Mummy to the Rattray rats.
Waiting at Rainbow Bridge - 27 ratty angels.
http://www.rattrayrattery.co.uk
http://www.yorkshireratclub.co.uk/

Ratty_Rhian

Post by Ratty_Rhian » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:38 am

I suffer with this too. I currently have 6 girls who live in an explorer. I also have

* An XL as holiday cage soon to be exchanged for a Samo 82
* 2 Toms for fostering
* A Freddy for fostering or if rats need a longer recovery period
* A Ruffy for intros/hospital cage
* 2 Converted RUB's (lots of ventillation) as hospital cages if the rat needs to be kept still/emergency hamster cage
* A Zoozone cage belonging to Vicky Pickle as I forgot to give it back to her at the last show :oops:

I have also owned a Liberta Tower before my Explorer.
Anwen, Ceinwen , Delyth, Hazel, Ruby, Willow :smileyrat:
Astrid, Beth, David, Dora, George, Josephine, Jonathan, Maisy, Mel, Merlin, Patra :rainbow:

Member of the EC!

Lillyland

Post by Lillyland » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:43 am

I'm currently enquiring after a second brio mini.

BAD LILLY.

acapae_wolf

Post by acapae_wolf » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:35 am

Lillyland wrote:I'm currently enquiring after a second brio mini.

BAD LILLY.
BAD LILLY YES. Where's it even going to go? On your roof? :lol:
*~~Beri~~*
with the ratlings: Orbit, Lanorial, Amdridh, Arkiadera, Esker, Brie, Larka and Foxtrot. Also Anfreda the hamsterling.
:hearts: All those who've moved on

myzoo

Post by myzoo » Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:42 am

:lol: :oops: Mmmmm! no not me! i started out with a furet plus the aquired a ,freddy2,then a critter 2,then a jenny,then a critter3,then a random huge thing,then another critter 2,another freddy,and other random cages i cant remember as well as about 10 hammie cages,

then i swapped the freddy for a xl then i part exchanged the xl for a explorer YEY! i was dreaming of an explorer for absolutly ages but thought id never achive it so i slowly upgraded to somthing i could swap.

ive now given most of the old cages away to rescues or rodents in need of them them im now left with a explorer,a jenny, and my freind has borrowed a critter2,and a freddy,

just got rid of 2 or my 4 remaining hammie cages yesterday to sombody who adopted a hammie from preloved and found it to be pregnant so i gave her 2 cages,got 2 left to getrid of before i move,

But iam sure once i move my numbers will slowly increase again as i see bargain cages on ebay and preloved and just cant resist my best bargain was a critter 2 from ebay that i got for i think it was about £2.70or somthing daft like that.

i think we should start a rehab group for cage addiction it could be called cages annomynus :lol:

cookielucylou

Post by cookielucylou » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:25 pm

I'm in the process of sorting through mine, and throwing bits away-it's a difficult job :(
Destiny Rattery Breeding towards russian silver.
RACR, contact Andrea on 05602383367
rattiemommysallcarerescue

Lillyland

Post by Lillyland » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:36 pm

acapae_wolf wrote:

BAD LILLY.
Living room! I have been toying with the idea of having a 'downstairs' group for a while... Seeing as my dad has just let me move a random human in, i can't see him arguing with that!

KateR

Post by KateR » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:53 pm

Random human?

I forgot to mention the wee hamster cage I got for 99p on eBay - great hospital/transport cage.
Mummy to the Rattray rats.
Waiting at Rainbow Bridge - 27 ratty angels.
http://www.rattrayrattery.co.uk
http://www.yorkshireratclub.co.uk/

littlebabyribbon

Post by littlebabyribbon » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:17 pm

Ive got at the moment

2 triple explorers
1 high rise mamal
1 triple parrot cage
1 freddy
4 critter 1s
2 critter 2s
2 hamster heavens

Hoping to replace the high rise mammal with an explorer or even better, be able to let my numbers drop so it is not needed any more!

Hanlou

Post by Hanlou » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:12 pm

Lillyland wrote:
acapae_wolf wrote:

BAD LILLY.
Living room! I have been toying with the idea of having a 'downstairs' group for a while... Seeing as my dad has just let me move a random human in, i can't see him arguing with that!
Hmmm yes I have to say I was wondering where it would be squeezed in! :P

You know that it's very unlikely you would be able to stop at just one cage downstairs though don''t you? :wink:

Have to say seeing your set-up made me realise just how many more cages I could fit in my pet room! It's truly inspirational! :lol:

It is nice to know I'm not alone in suffering from this terrible complusive cage buying disorder. :oops:
Love Han and the (( Lilliput Three - Nisha, Lila and Koko )) :girly:
:rainbow: Goodbye Mollie, Blossom, Flora, Fudge, Rolo, Bailey, Tia, Honey, Poppy and Daisy xx

sati18

Post by sati18 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:57 pm

up until the Portsmouth April show I had 5 rats and:

1 happy house
1 Critter 3
1 Jenny with hole in the base
1 mary
2 hamster cages (for intros and vet visits)
1 mini pet carrier (for when i had serously disagreeing rats and required 3 separate vet visit cages- yes it has been necessary i promise)

So 7 cages for 5 rats.... i've now managed to get rid of the Mary and the mini carrier, so have 5 cages for 5 rats... all of whom live in the same goup and therefore require in fact, one cage :roll: .

In an effort to stop myself buying yet more cages... i have now started shopping for my friend who has 3 degus in the equivalent of a critter one. that way i get my fix by bargain hunting and i don't end up with extra cages... WIN!!
Proudly owned by the big boys (Jeff, George & Toby) and the babbies (Sid & Ozzy)
RIP Monty, Emile, Leo, Angus, Otto, Remy and Rafe... mummy misses you every day.