Vetbed

For everything to do with rat housing, from cages, litter and bedding to accessories and toys for your rat. Not for advertising items for sale.
acapae_wolf

Vetbed

Post by acapae_wolf » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:26 pm

Say you just found a whole pile of it - stuff you thought you'd sold years ago - what would you do with it? i.e. is there much demand for 2nd hand suff? I use proper substrate even when they're older due to mixed age group rats. Or would people say it's worth keeping for the imaginary just in case situation? :lol:
*~~Beri~~*
with the ratlings: Orbit, Lanorial, Amdridh, Arkiadera, Esker, Brie, Larka and Foxtrot. Also Anfreda the hamsterling.
:hearts: All those who've moved on

siberiankiss

Re: Vetbed

Post by siberiankiss » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:35 pm

I found an Explorer footprint-sized bit of Vetbed, which I put next to the bin to be thrown away - for it to be claimed by the dog. It's his bed now. I tried to offer Rufus (the cat) another bit I had, but he still prefers to sleep in the mop bucket.

I'd keep hold of a little bit of it (carrier/hospital cage size) and would perhaps give the rest to a rescue, or even to the vets for them to use - I'm not sure whether people would pay for second hand/how much they'd pay.
Kate x
Lovingly owned by Boba, Manny ,Floyd, Tom, George, Tiny, William & Eugene.
Resented by Maida & Nilda - The Angry Babies
:rainbow: Snow, Ajax, Ken, Ryu, Daisy, Jack, Dave, Dotty, Bruce, Reg, Eric.

secretpennell

Post by secretpennell » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:39 pm

I like this stuff for poorly animals. It stays in place, keeps them warm and pee goes straight through it so they stay dry. :D
Rat Out of Hell Rescue

tagalong

Post by tagalong » Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:55 pm

If you work in a vets you get sick of the sight of it :lol:
but it is great as it withstands numerous washes at high temperatures (can be autoclaved ) and doesn't fall apart .
My boys: Sooty ,Sweep, Cookie, Muffin ,Fugles
My girls: Roxy,Millie,Isabel ,Polly
and all my little ones past and present

Razcox

Post by Razcox » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:08 pm

I love this stuff and have 3 large squares of it and will be getting more when the next litter of pups s due. may use some of the off cuts as fun hammocks and things for the rats!
Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut her up with cookies.

Proud doggie mommy to Cassie, Ela and Raina - http://www.lukoinortherninuits.co.uk, rats Cookie, Pip, Noodle and the rat formally known as Charlotte.

secretpennell

Post by secretpennell » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:16 pm

tagalong wrote: but it is great as it withstands numerous washes at high temperatures (can be autoclaved ) and doesn't fall apart .
Yes, I forgot that bit! :lol:
Rat Out of Hell Rescue

acapae_wolf

Post by acapae_wolf » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:31 pm

Yes, I know it's uses and things; hence why I have it in the first place :lol: :wink:
Keeping a little bit and finding someone who wants it sounds like a good idea, thanks.
*~~Beri~~*
with the ratlings: Orbit, Lanorial, Amdridh, Arkiadera, Esker, Brie, Larka and Foxtrot. Also Anfreda the hamsterling.
:hearts: All those who've moved on

secretpennell

Post by secretpennell » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:58 pm

acapae_wolf wrote:Yes, I know it's uses and things; hence why I have it in the first place :lol: :wink:
Keeping a little bit and finding someone who wants it sounds like a good idea, thanks.
I don't know how much you've got Beri, but I'd probably buy it from you! :lol:
Rat Out of Hell Rescue

MarieM

Post by MarieM » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:26 pm

I cut mine into lots of different sizes and use it to line beds, boxes and carpet (for under the log cabin thingy).
:girly: BonnieSusieRosieMindyCleo
:rainbow: SilvaCocoSumaPoppyDaisyTara :hearts: :girly:
http://www.thenaturalrat.co.uk
Holistic Health Care For Rats

Jillybean

Post by Jillybean » Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:31 pm

If you wanted to sell it I think you`d get lots of buyers. I have some put away incase any of my dogs are poorly and I have a brain damaged guinea pig who is also on Vetbed. I keep `old bits` to line any carriers for vet visits etc.. :D
:love: Matilda, Georgia, Sylvie, Alice & Lois :love:

Amzy

Post by Amzy » Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:54 pm

I used it to create a padded cat carrier (like a rat version of a padded cell) the other day as one of my rats was having siezures and was thrashing around :o :cry: I know thats a horrible example but it helped her not to hurt herself.
Amy&the girls: Mary Miffy Lily Cupcake Lucky Pickle Dina Seven Fortune Rowena Tianna Leila Aurora Enya Texalina Kiara :dumbogirly: & the boys!: Heinz Branston Hellmans & Dave
Aunty to 30 & Half-Mum to 4 :hearts: