Petcages4less

For everything to do with rat housing, from cages, litter and bedding to accessories and toys for your rat. Not for advertising items for sale.
Ratty_Rhian

Petcages4less

Post by Ratty_Rhian » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:36 pm

Anyone ever used Petcages4less? They have a cage I want to buy for the best price I've seen but when I went to pay only paypal was available even though they advertise they take various credit cards. This seemed a little suspicious so I emailed them. That was a few days ago and I've not a had a response so I'm guessing that they are no longer tading. Can anyone confirm or deny this?
Anwen, Ceinwen , Delyth, Hazel, Ruby, Willow :smileyrat:
Astrid, Beth, David, Dora, George, Josephine, Jonathan, Maisy, Mel, Merlin, Patra :rainbow:

Member of the EC!

Anthony

Re: Petcages4less

Post by Anthony » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:53 pm

PayPal protect your payment, if you buy and they don't deliver then you can claim a refund (fairly easily too - I've experienced problems before and have always had my money back within a couple of hours).

I don't know anything about the site though, but if they have the cage you want at a good price I don't see any reason why not to take the risk as your money is protected.

ETA: It seems to be an American site, so they probably don't deliver to the UK anyway?
Ollie :dumbo:, Oskar :dumbo:, Riley :smileyrat:, Joey :smileyrat:, Rupert :smileyrat: Eska :teen: , Erik :teen: and The baby :dumboteen:, Miles :baby:, Axel :baby:

RIP Louis, Minnie & Ginger <3

Ratty_Rhian

Post by Ratty_Rhian » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:09 pm

No, it's a uk company. It has a uk address in Bracknell, maybe there's a company with a similar name in the US. I actually need the cage fairly soon so don't really have the time for Paypal disputes etc. May have to go for the one that's £30 more.
Astrid, Beth, David, Dora, George, Josephine, Jonathan, Maisy, Mel, Merlin, Patra :rainbow:

Member of the EC!

RetroLemons

Post by RetroLemons » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:14 pm

It shows up as an American site Anthony because it looks like it's run in both countrys and the US site comes up first on Google :D

Rhian it's because you can pay via card with out signing up to Paypal but its still run through Paypal if that makes sense? You can do it on my site too, you should somewhere on the paypal bit see the option granted though its not obvious :lol:

ETA: Looks like you do make an account when you pay by card but it looks fine to me :D
From Rowan and the Fuzzlets! Miss you Kenco, Salt, Pretzel, Delilah, Moony & Bailey :( x
RatPad Hammocks - New hammocks out now! Oh and 20% of pre orders go into the rescue pot ;)
10% of your order going to a rattie rescue every time!

Ratty_Rhian

Post by Ratty_Rhian » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:19 pm

How can you pay with a card if there's only a paypal option when you get to the checkout? I'm confused. Maybe I should just call them and place the order that way.

Member of the EC!

RetroLemons

Post by RetroLemons » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:43 pm

There an option underneath the sign in bit for PayPal for the card bit :D but phoning them would probably be less hassle :lol:
From Rowan and the Fuzzlets! Miss you Kenco, Salt, Pretzel, Delilah, Moony & Bailey :( x
RatPad Hammocks - New hammocks out now! Oh and 20% of pre orders go into the rescue pot ;)

Ratty_Rhian

Post by Ratty_Rhian » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:39 pm

I just called the number on the website and got a message saying the number isn't in service. I think i can assume they are no longer trading.

Member of the EC!

RetroLemons

Post by RetroLemons » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:41 pm

Ratty_Rhian wrote:I just called the number on the website and got a message saying the number isn't in service. I think i can assume they are no longer trading.
Terrible! They ought to close their site otherwise people are going to be paying them :o

Ratty_Rhian

Post by Ratty_Rhian » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:46 pm

That's what I thought. Is there anyone I can contact such as trading standards? Do they even bother with online stuff. It didn't seem quite right which is why I didn't part with any money but others might not be as suspicious and place an order.

Member of the EC!

RetroLemons

Post by RetroLemons » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:09 pm

Ratty_Rhian wrote:That's what I thought. Is there anyone I can contact such as trading standards? Do they even bother with online stuff. It didn't seem quite right which is why I didn't part with any money but others might not be as suspicious and place an order.
Well Im pretty sure online shops are covered by trading standard, but Im not sure what they would do so it may be worth enquiring :luck:

acapae_wolf

Post by acapae_wolf » Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:57 pm

RetroLemons wrote:
Ratty_Rhian wrote:That's what I thought. Is there anyone I can contact such as trading standards? Do they even bother with online stuff. It didn't seem quite right which is why I didn't part with any money but others might not be as suspicious and place an order.
Well Im pretty sure online shops are covered by trading standard, but Im not sure what they would do so it may be worth enquiring :luck:
Yes, they are.
*~~Beri~~*
with the ratlings: Orbit, Lanorial, Amdridh, Arkiadera, Esker, Brie, Larka and Foxtrot. Also Anfreda the hamsterling.
:hearts: All those who've moved on