Charity Shop Bargain

For everything to do with rat housing, from cages, litter and bedding to accessories and toys for your rat. Not for advertising items for sale.
miknicholl

Charity Shop Bargain

Post by miknicholl » Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:41 pm

Hi Guys
I bought this http://s1133.photobucket.com/albums/m59 ... V00590.mp4 Feather Wand Holder for £1 from a Charity Shop. It takes 3 AA batteries and as varing speeds, i think its for a cat really but i thought id try it for freeranging my ratties on a very slow speed. What do you guy think
Kim

redrach

Re: Charity Shop Bargain

Post by redrach » Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:52 pm

The speed in the video seems a bit.. mental!
Haha, I think mine would all be terrified of it going like that, but if the other speeds are slower i'd go for it!
Looks like a good bargain.
Rachael.
My Albie. My Chandler. My Rincewinde. My Twoflower. My Schuster. My Splinter. My Dumbo. My Monk. <3

miknicholl

Post by miknicholl » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:15 pm

redrach wrote:The speed in the video seems a bit.. mental!
Haha, I think mine would all be terrified of it going like that, but if the other speeds are slower i'd go for it!
Looks like a good bargain.
Thanks
i just wanted to show how it works thats why i put it on higher speed but the slower is alot better and i havent showed my ratties yet im a bit nervous i think they might be scared
Kim

Lillyland

Post by Lillyland » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:20 pm

I NEED one of those in my life. Keep the bloody cats away from me! :lol:

ScattieMcRattie

Post by ScattieMcRattie » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:15 pm

that is awesome i bet it would make a ferrets day too...............would love to see some pics/vids of your ratties playing with it if they like it :D
" and the muttering grew to a grumbling; and the grumbling grew to a mighty rumbling; and out of the houses the rats came tumbling,"
Maidenhair Rattery Website
Maidenhair on Facebook
Maidenhair on Youtube

miknicholl

Post by miknicholl » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:30 pm

ScattieMcRattie wrote:that is awesome i bet it would make a ferrets day too...............would love to see some pics/vids of your ratties playing with it if they like it :D
Hi
The only trouble with that is i have not got enough space at moment to let them play with it but i will put pics or vid up. Several months ago i saw one of these in a pet shop for over £15 so i think ive got a real bargain
Kim

Jillybean

Post by Jillybean » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:57 pm

Hey , that`s ace ! I reckon my dogs would love that !!! hahahahaha ! I don`t know about my rats though . Do let us know if they like it !! :D
:love: Matilda, Georgia, Sylvie, Alice & Lois :love:

miknicholl

Post by miknicholl » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:27 pm

Jillybean wrote:Hey , that`s ace ! I reckon my dogs would love that !!! hahahahaha ! I don`t know about my rats though . Do let us know if they like it !! :D
Hi
i will i know they love the feather wand they chase it round when i play with them so it be good to see if they like machine operated feather wand toy
Kim

acapae_wolf

Post by acapae_wolf » Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:19 am

Lillyland wrote:I NEED one of those in my life. Keep the bloody cats away from me! :lol:
ScattieMcRattie wrote:would love to see some pics/vids of your ratties playing with it if they like it :D
I'd love to see Lilly playing with it, since she obviously likes it :lol: :lol:
*~~Beri~~*
with the ratlings: Orbit, Lanorial, Amdridh, Arkiadera, Esker, Brie, Larka and Foxtrot. Also Anfreda the hamsterling.
:hearts: All those who've moved on

AmberRW

Post by AmberRW » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:02 am

We got one of those ( for a lot more money :o ) I think it's a great idea to keep them amused :D A word of warning - be really careful with it because our old cat got the string wrapped around his neck when he was playing with it and he couldn't get it off, so he panicked and pulled back, which tightened it. It could have gone horrible wrong but we got him out of it. However wont be a problem if you make sure your always keeping an eye on them, as I'm sure you will :)
Jack, Daniel, Tom and Jerry

miknicholl

Post by miknicholl » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:58 am

AmberRW wrote:We got one of those ( for a lot more money :o ) I think it's a great idea to keep them amused :D A word of warning - be really careful with it because our old cat got the string wrapped around his neck when he was playing with it and he couldn't get it off, so he panicked and pulled back, which tightened it. It could have gone horrible wrong but we got him out of it. However wont be a problem if you make sure your always keeping an eye on them, as I'm sure you will :)
Thanks
I do keep an eye on them but thanks for the word of warning. The ratties seem to be scared of the noise at the moment so i keep putting it on so they get use to it
Kim