Cardboard bedding suppliers

For everything to do with rat housing, from cages, litter and bedding to accessories and toys for your rat. Not for advertising items for sale.
Bunny82

Cardboard bedding suppliers

Post by Bunny82 » Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:12 pm

Does anyone know of any suppliers in Berkshire, or within a 20 minute drive of Reading? What I'd really like is a big bale for under a tenner like some people get! I'm soooo not having any luck with Google.

Thanks!

hlcasey

Re: Cardboard bedding suppliers

Post by hlcasey » Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:37 am

Last year I was bored during the summer holidays so looked up equestrian places and rang or emailed them to ask if they stocked cardboard bedding, it paid off as a local equestrian centre did and now it costs me just 6 quid roughly a bale :). Could be worth a go?
I <3 my ratties

AmberRW

Post by AmberRW » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:06 am

I got mine from http://www.finacard-uk.com/index.php?ma ... cts_id=116. A decent bale for just under £14 delivered to your door. If I remember correctly the postage was free :D
Jack, Daniel, Tom and Jerry

RetroLemons

Post by RetroLemons » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:03 pm

hlcasey wrote:Last year I was bored during the summer holidays so looked up equestrian places and rang or emailed them to ask if they stocked cardboard bedding, it paid off as a local equestrian centre did and now it costs me just 6 quid roughly a bale :). Could be worth a go?
This is what I did, look for farm shops and horse shops and ask if they sell cardboard bedding. Someone is bound too :D I get mine for £6.35 which is a bargain!
From Rowan and the Fuzzlets! Miss you Kenco, Salt, Pretzel, Delilah, Moony & Bailey :( x
RatPad Hammocks - New hammocks out now! Oh and 20% of pre orders go into the rescue pot ;)
10% of your order going to a rattie rescue every time!

Bunny82

Post by Bunny82 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:03 pm

We have a bale of Finacard which is just coming to the end. I'd rather pick something like it up local for half the price rather than paying £14 including 'free' delivery.

I'll give emailing the local equestrian places a go, hlcasey.
Suki, Pip(squeak) & Coco

Bunny82

Post by Bunny82 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:06 pm

We posted at the same time, RetroLemons. I know the two places we get chicken supplies from definitely don't do anything like it but there are plenty of horsey places so I'll get in touch with them.
Suki, Pip(squeak) & Coco

RetroLemons

Post by RetroLemons » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:08 pm

Bunny82 wrote:We posted at the same time, RetroLemons. I know the two places we get chicken supplies from definitely don't do anything like it but there are plenty of horsey places so I'll get in touch with them.
Good luck! :luck:

(Its not really free shipping anyway is it? :lol: Half of the price of the product is the shipping, looks good when ordering though!)
From Rowan and the Fuzzlets! Miss you Kenco, Salt, Pretzel, Delilah, Moony & Bailey :( x
RatPad Hammocks - New hammocks out now! Oh and 20% of pre orders go into the rescue pot ;)
10% of your order going to a rattie rescue every time!

Bunny82

Post by Bunny82 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:39 pm

RetroLemons wrote:
Bunny82 wrote:(Its not really free shipping anyway is it? :lol: Half of the price of the product is the shipping, looks good when ordering though!)
Exactly. Which is why I say 'free'. :lol:
Suki, Pip(squeak) & Coco

hlcasey

Post by hlcasey » Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:39 pm

Let us know how you get on Bunny :D
I <3 my ratties