Forum Problems?

All announcements, suggestions and questions about the community forum.
acapae_wolf

Re: Forum Problems?

Post by acapae_wolf » Thu May 19, 2011 12:16 pm

I'm glad there was an explanation :lol:
*~~Beri~~*
with the ratlings: Orbit, Lanorial, Amdridh, Arkiadera, Esker, Brie, Larka and Foxtrot. Also Anfreda the hamsterling.
:hearts: All those who've moved on

Athena

Post by Athena » Thu May 19, 2011 12:43 pm

will you need any more admin aide / helper types for the new forum? i seem to have the computer on in the background most days at the moment!
Zero, Penn, Teller, Jareth, Ludo, Sir Didymus, Bowie, Hoggle, Yngwie, Nuno, Dotty, Daisy, Dash, Florence, Josephine and Constance
Hattie's House rat rescue

SargentEllie

Post by SargentEllie » Thu May 19, 2011 1:27 pm

Will it still be good old FR ? or are there going to be big changes? there is alot of things i really like about this forum i would hate to see go such as the ethics, the lack of adverts that you get with some sites, and the simple layout without to many smileys and awful pictures in sigs. I would be more than happy to pay a subscription to keep things same ish and oh you have to keep the orange! :lol: i love the orange

heheheh I can just see it now "health section sponsored by baytril" :lol:
Hot and righteous Ellie and the boys ..... and *cough* erm girls

http://www.neratsociety.co.uk/

Athena

Post by Athena » Thu May 19, 2011 1:42 pm

i doubt the ethics would change :o
Zero, Penn, Teller, Jareth, Ludo, Sir Didymus, Bowie, Hoggle, Yngwie, Nuno, Dotty, Daisy, Dash, Florence, Josephine and Constance
Hattie's House rat rescue

Bazu

Post by Bazu » Thu May 19, 2011 1:45 pm

Athena wrote:i doubt the ethics would change :o
As long as the new host's not based in Azerbaijan, we'll be fine ;)
Orca, Minke, Myst, Nova, Exi and Fye

Never forget you Isis, my little whiskery angel...

Stevmic

Post by Stevmic » Thu May 19, 2011 1:48 pm

Cyber Ratty wrote:I thought we were using it... I've just had a look at the registration page and it's not there, does it come after the initial page? (I haven't joined for a long time, lol!)

For those who don't know what we're talking about, it was one of a number of photos of a rat and you had to click on their nose (iirc).

Can someone who's joined in the last 3 years please confirm whether it's part of the process or not please?
No noses so far as I remember. If I'm honest I feel cheated, that sounds like it would have been fun :( lol
Please, call me Mike :)

Vince :smileyrat: + Miles :smileyrat: + Eli :dumbo: +Griffin :dumbo:
R.I.P Blue :sadrat:

stormsmuggler

Post by stormsmuggler » Thu May 19, 2011 2:59 pm

I can't remember the noses either, I can remember thinking of a username upon registration but cannot even remember a confirmation code or receiving a registration e'mail, but that might just be my poor memory lol but i would have remember pressing noses.
I would think that it would be nice to know an accurate number of members, maybe by deleting anyone who doesn't visit for X amount of time, say 6 months. I know some folk, as guests, visit, but never post so important info such as health, behaviour and habitat could still be found if required but as previously said a lot of non ratty folk join up just to link to their iffy websites, which really gets my back up and never post or revisit.

Looking forard to seeing the new layout and secretly want to be in at least the first 100 members :lol: :rollred:
Raz@hotel for rats. 23 boys, 11 girls :D Auntie Raz to 17 crazy girlies, 4 big boys and a mouse called Maurice.
Home of Chelsea bun mini muffins and some of park rats and parkies :)
to the 33 at the bridge I love and miss you all

acapae_wolf

Post by acapae_wolf » Thu May 19, 2011 3:07 pm

stormsmuggler wrote:I would think that it would be nice to know an accurate number of members, maybe by deleting anyone who doesn't visit for X amount of time, say 6 months.
Mean! :o
*~~Beri~~*
with the ratlings: Orbit, Lanorial, Amdridh, Arkiadera, Esker, Brie, Larka and Foxtrot. Also Anfreda the hamsterling.

Rhi01

Post by Rhi01 » Thu May 19, 2011 3:51 pm

I think I remember when I registered I had to have my account approved by FRA before I was able to log on. No clicking on noses though :(
Rhiannon with Charlie, Fizz, George, Gus, Inga, Kent and Oscar.

RetroLemons

Post by RetroLemons » Thu May 19, 2011 3:59 pm

acapae_wolf wrote:
stormsmuggler wrote:I would think that it would be nice to know an accurate number of members, maybe by deleting anyone who doesn't visit for X amount of time, say 6 months.
Mean! :o
What if they had never posted either? Like signed up one day, never returned in 6 months to a year with no posts? Surely that's a sign that they are no hoper? :lol: I am afraid you couldn't get rid of me :wink:
From Rowan and the Fuzzlets! Miss you Kenco, Salt, Pretzel, Delilah, Moony & Bailey :( x
RatPad Hammocks - New hammocks out now! Oh and 20% of pre orders go into the rescue pot ;)
10% of your order going to a rattie rescue every time!

acapae_wolf

Post by acapae_wolf » Thu May 19, 2011 4:01 pm

Many people mostly lurk on forums though. They may not post much, or often, but being a member lets you see more boards, have the PM function, and the choice in your own hands. Although I post a lot on FR, I serial-lurk on a couple of other forums and often go many months without posting. How often I log in to just read members-only stuff varies too.
*~~Beri~~*

SargentEllie

Post by SargentEllie » Thu May 19, 2011 4:34 pm

yeah i think you should have to post to read the info. Doesnt really matter if they are active but if they can get info from lurking thats great :)
Hot and righteous Ellie and the boys ..... and *cough* erm girls

http://www.neratsociety.co.uk/

Amzy

Post by Amzy » Thu May 19, 2011 5:00 pm

Profiles say when the last log in time was... its obvious if someone is a lurker cos their last log in time would be recentish.

I know I'm one for registering on forums and never going on them :oops:
Amy&the girls: Mary Miffy Lily Cupcake Lucky Pickle Dina Seven Fortune Rowena Tianna Leila Aurora Enya Texalina Kiara :dumbogirly: & the boys!: Heinz Branston Hellmans & Dave
Aunty to 30 & Half-Mum to 4 :hearts:

teresaisaacs

Post by teresaisaacs » Thu May 19, 2011 5:51 pm

*puts hand up* I'm a lurker, if I can't find the info then I'll post. although lately I have been posting!! :D

*goes back into hiding* :lol:
Things that don't kill us only make us stronger... battle on through, you will surprise yourself.
:hearts: http://www.mums-rendez-vous.co.uk - forum for mothers :hearts:

RetroLemons

Post by RetroLemons » Thu May 19, 2011 6:08 pm

acapae_wolf wrote:Many people mostly lurk on forums though. They may not post much, or often, but being a member lets you see more boards, have the PM function, and the choice in your own hands. Although I post a lot on FR, I serial-lurk on a couple of other forums and often go many months without posting. How often I log in to just read members-only stuff varies too.

That's why I said about the last log in date being checked, obviously if their account is hidden that's not possible. :D
Amzy wrote:Profiles say when the last log in time was... its obvious if someone is a lurker cos their last log in time would be recentish.

I know I'm one for registering on forums and never going on them :oops:
Beat me to it! :lol:
From Rowan and the Fuzzlets! Miss you Kenco, Salt, Pretzel, Delilah, Moony & Bailey :( x
RatPad Hammocks - New hammocks out now! Oh and 20% of pre orders go into the rescue pot ;)
10% of your order going to a rattie rescue every time!