For the attention of all rat related businesses

All announcements, suggestions and questions about the community forum.
Fancy Rats Admin
Fancy Rats Team
Fancy Rats Team

For the attention of all rat related businesses

Post by Fancy Rats Admin » Thu May 26, 2011 5:24 pm

As most of you will have read by now we are launching a new Fancy Rats forum in the next few weeks, which will be placed on a server where we will pay for hosting and maintenance. As one of a number of ways to finance this in the long term we have decided to sell advertising space to any rat related business that is genuinely supported by our membership. Although FRA will use their discretion in approving adverts, there will be no endorsement of individuals or businesses, as we feel that the ethics involved are personal and we would prefer to offer a system that will be fair and of the most use to our members.

The new forum structure will provide a two tier advertising structure. The board index will be shortened to 6 master boards (About This Forum, Information, Rat care, You and Your Rats', Other Pets, Chat) which will each lead to a group of forums and subforums. Banner adverts will be available on the 6 master boards at a cost of £40 per year, and on the forums and subforums at a rate of £25 per year. There will be no banner advert on the board index.

To try to be as fair as possible, allocation of space will only be made after the deadline for applications has passed. We would invite businesses to send their application to the FRA PM inbox, stating the following:

Name of business
Type of business
Board preferences for advertising:
1st
2nd
3rd

The deadline for initial applications is June 5th. It is expected that advertising space will still be available after this date, but that many of the prime areas will have been taken. Please note that the Rat Shows forum will not be available as this space will be offered to the UK rat clubs on a rolling cycle. Rehoming area boards and Breeding are also currently 'on hold' as this space may be used differently.

If you are reading this and would like to see your favourite ratty business represented, please make them aware of this opportunity.

Any revenue raised over and above the running costs of the forum will be donated to rat rescue in the UK and full disclosure of accounts will be made on the forum.
Regards,
Fancy Rats Team

SargentEllie

Re: For the attention of all rat related businesses

Post by SargentEllie » Fri May 27, 2011 7:53 pm

Thats ashame as i hate ads but I do appreciate why its being done and i know you guys will do it in as inoffensive way as possible :) Can individuals sponsor pages so as not to have adverts? I would be more than willing to pay the £40 to support the site as i love FR and keep a section free of adds (or have some really meaningful like "rats rock") :lol:
Hot and righteous Ellie and the boys ..... and *cough* erm girls

http://www.neratsociety.co.uk/

aquajen9

Post by aquajen9 » Fri May 27, 2011 8:07 pm

You could have Ellie rocks. I'd pay for that :lol:
Jenna and the rats of Hakuna Matata
Hakuna Matata Rattery Breeding for Black Eyed and Ruby Eyed Siamese, Russian Blue and Black. Some Dumbo and Rex.. Agouti Variegated and Topaz Variegated.

BasilTheRat

Post by BasilTheRat » Fri May 27, 2011 8:10 pm

Personally I'm happy to see banner ads, since I think its the obvious way to keep the revenue coming into the forum to support FR, but also its good for the small businesses, such as TRW, RR, etc because it gives them more customers. :)
Andy and the ratties: Seven, Kes, Luna, Ada, Orion, Bandit
:rainbow: Janeway, Shandy, Deanna, Izzy, Kira
And the youngest of the family is moving with authority,
Building castles by the sea, he dares the tardy tide to wash them all aside...

Rhi01

Post by Rhi01 » Fri May 27, 2011 8:15 pm

I don't think banner adverts would pose too much of annoyance for me as long as there were rules. For example I think the TRW is a perfect banner: it draws your attention but isn't too much in your face so maybe they could be that sort of size or smaller and please no flashy bits.

However, I would also love to see an 'Ellie Rocks' advert too :D
Rhiannon with Charlie, Fizz, George, Gus, Inga, Kent and Oscar.

SargentEllie

Post by SargentEllie » Fri May 27, 2011 8:59 pm

Thats a good point I dont actually find the TRW one offensive but some forums have horrible adds (I am on of those terribly old fashioned people who love the no banners and colour in sigs rule :oops: )

On the ethics point. I do understand that its hard to do but i would hate to see rescue and rehoming sponsored by simons rodents :lol: and pets at home doing habitat. I do understand that everyone has different ethics but FR does have its own ethics and i hope this wont be comprasmised. I feel its one thing that really sets this forum appart from others.

Anyhoo Ellie rocks would be a pretty good thing to have, if not can i have Harley is the best rat in the world? or suport the ners rescue fund?
Hot and righteous Ellie and the boys ..... and *cough* erm girls

http://www.neratsociety.co.uk/

Rackie

Post by Rackie » Fri May 27, 2011 10:58 pm

I'd join in with payment for Ellie rocks banners :lol: :lol:
Rackie and the Symphony Rats

Cyber Ratty
Fancy Rats Team
Fancy Rats Team

Post by Cyber Ratty » Sat May 28, 2011 9:53 am

SargentEllie wrote:On the ethics point. I do understand that its hard to do but i would hate to see rescue and rehoming sponsored by simons rodents :lol: and pets at home doing habitat.
Don't worry, that would never happen. There will also be limits on movement in line with the avatar rules, we wouldn't permit anything that might cause issues visually for some members.

I see no reason why a banner would have to be for a commercial business, so a personal one like Ellie rocks would probably be acceptable. :luck:
Mary x

my websites: Cyber Rats (picture site) / Zephyr Rats (rattery site)
(the star in the avatar is Calypso - r.i.p.)