All ongoing threads, resources, rehoming posts etc can be restarted/resubmitted on the new forum but no actual threads will be copied over. All rehoming requests/updates must be sent by PM to Fancy Rats Rehoming on the new board.
There will be an amnesty of all previous moderation except for permanent and long term bans (which will be considered case by case should people wish to email us).
The forum rules have been tweaked and the moderation system is entirely new - so please ensure that you familiarise yourself with these prior to posting. These are displayed in the Bulletins section of the new forum.
All under 16's should acknowledge this at the time of joining by ticking the relevant box - and they will be added to a junior members group which gives access to a special chat area (as well as access to general chat).
Other closed groups are rehoming (gives rights to post on the rehoming boards), adult chat and larger inbox (costs £5 per year and gives storage space for 400 pms - double the default). You will need to PM Fancy Rats Admin after joining to request to be added to these groups. PayPal email details will be advertised on the new forum in the Bulletins section.
We have decided that usernames may be reused by a new 'owner' if the account here has not been active for at least 6 months. They may not however be used if they have significance within the rat fancy even if they are not in use here. For instance, someone could not choose to register with the name of a current rattery or rescue organisation, or use a username that was generally assoicated with a particular individual.
The forum will be launched without banner advertising which will be a priority once the initial flurry of admin activity is over.
...and here's the original info re-posted to keep it all together:
- We will be paying for hosting and maintenance on a new server, and the new forum will be an "off the shelf" design, making upgrades much easier and therefore the incidence of software related errors much lower.
- The current FR forum will be frozen and kept accessible for reference only.
- Members will need to re-register and all new registrations will be subject to approval, thus eliminating the current problem of bots.
- Members may select a new user name so long as it has not been used on the previous FR, and must indicate their previous name within their signature for the first 3 months, a 5th line and an extra 50 characters will be allowed for this purpose only.
- The new forum will incorporate the elements that were previously on the website (such as articles), so the structure will be changed slightly to allow for these and other new forums.
- Breeders listed on the web directory will be allowed to freely discuss the availability of their litters, however other kittens/adult rescues/rehomes may only be advertised if they are on the rehoming boards and will be subject to the standard criteria as previously.
- A new board will be introduced specifically to facilitate discussion of rescue related care issues.
- Extra admin aides will be appointed to help the forum to run smoothly by spotting necessary actions more quickly, each section will be shared between several aides.
- The swear filter will be reduced to allow for some phrases in common use, however any abusive use of these terms will still be in breach of forum rules on respect of others.
- Members under the age of 16 will be shown as Junior Members, please consider their age when replying to their posts. There will be a general chat area for all members to use, but if any topics are not suitable for junior members, they should be posted in a new adult chat forum which junior members will not have access to. Junior members will also have their own dedicated chat area.
- Members wishing to have a larger PM box may pay a small fee annually to do so.
- All rat related businesses deemed to be used by a reasonable number of FR members will be entitled to advertise with a single forum banner header, for which there will be a small annual fee. This will be at the discretion of FRA and but there will be no endorsement of these businesses. Some banner space will be reserved for rat club/rescue/breeder use.