Registration on new forum

All announcements, suggestions and questions about the community forum.
vasilisa

Registration on new forum

Post by vasilisa » Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:03 pm

I joined this forum recently - after it was locked, oops. I've tried to register for the new forum under the same name, but it says it is already taken (by me I assume), but I cannot log in using my password. I requested a new re-activation emai but it hasn't arrived.

Thank you.

Beth

acapae_wolf

Re: Registration on new forum

Post by acapae_wolf » Sun Aug 28, 2011 2:05 pm

Someone else will be using the name.

The new forum has been up and public for over 2 weeks now, so if you've only just registered on here, the name wouldn't have been in use when most people made the switch across - thus free for anyone else to use. Alternatively if the other person using the name joined the new forum after you joined using the name on here, then technically that's going against the new username rules. As a new member who hadn't yet posted this may have been missed in the switch.

Judging from your join date here however, it's most likely the first option as the new board went public before you joined up over here on 'old FR'

Registering on the other forum isn't automatic, you have to join up again. Asking for password reminder will have gone to the other person using the same online name.

eta - There's no one registered as "vasilisa" on the new forum...!
*~~Beri~~*
with the ratlings: Orbit, Lanorial, Amdridh, Arkiadera, Esker, Brie, Larka and Foxtrot. Also Anfreda the hamsterling.
:hearts: All those who've moved on

vasilisa

Post by vasilisa » Sun Aug 28, 2011 4:02 pm

Oh I see. Sorry for the confusion I joined before I realised there was a new forum. Not to worry then - I'll just register with a new username on the new forum :)

Cyber Ratty
Fancy Rats Team
Fancy Rats Team

Post by Cyber Ratty » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:57 am

Vasilisa - you have registered for the new forum (on the 13th), but you will need to respond to an activation email - these often end up in spam boxes so please check there. Let me know if yours has been deleted in the intervening time and I'll get one resent. :)

ETA - I've sent a reminder to you, so hopefully you'll be able to activate your original registration now.
Mary x

my websites: Cyber Rats (picture site) / Zephyr Rats (rattery site)
(the star in the avatar is Calypso - r.i.p.)