just had jonas castrated

For all aspects of your rat's health, from prevention, to symptoms, to treatments and veterinary care.
choicestgirl

just had jonas castrated

Post by choicestgirl » Fri Mar 27, 2009 1:54 pm

he woke up alright and everything which i was glad about to say the leaaaast :)
after the nurse brought out jonas..not the vet and so she didn't seem to know as much as i hope the vet did. i asked her about how long to leave it before intro'ing the girls (as i've read about how jonas may still be able to impregnate them..) but she didn't even know there had to be a certain amount of time... SO? haha, can someone inform me? i think it's two weeks but i want to make sure..

he seems okay they said they gave him pain relief and to keep him in his carrier for the rest of the day and put him back in his cage tonight. i have a check up on monday with him too.

anyone got any advice on what to look out for, is there anything in particular i can give him to make him comfy/food that encourages heaaaaling?

thanks in advance! :)
alan, aimsworth and their children; wipeel, jonas, rat, manny, dotty and speedy. and hagrid the hamster too :)

daffee

Re: just had jonas castrated

Post by daffee » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:10 pm

He should be infertile after 8 days, but you are right, most people leave it two weeks.
Midget Bambi Thai Indy Jasmine Olive Roland Lily China Jay Daisy Balthazar Matilda Monty Bob Milo Bartleby Bella Lucy Rosie Loki Towser Beamish Guinness Fudge Bailey Murphy Fleur Milly Maus Sheri Hari Sandy Fez

choicestgirl

Post by choicestgirl » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:19 pm

thanks for the reply :)
alan, aimsworth and their children; wipeel, jonas, rat, manny, dotty and speedy. and hagrid the hamster too :)

caz07

Post by caz07 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:00 pm

good lucck introducing your boy and girls my girls i have 4 2 are great with them and 1 is getting there and the other is just horriable to them so if you come up with any mirecal idears than please let me know im gonna try again soon.

when my two boys were castrated one took his own stitches out the other rat the vet removed as he hadnt taken them out his self and he had to have another op for a lump removal.

I also left the boys and girls two weeks just to make sure also so they are recoverd ect.

hope all goes well.
Owned By My girls Holly,Roxy and (miss Rat) and Barney,Boris and Huxley
Never forgetting my Ginger (28/12/08), Cookie,Chess (02/05/09) Rata-Chewy(18/8/09) Domino,Whiskas,Basil. Ratimus, Paws, Queenie,Noel
Rest in peace my babies you are sadly missed

choicestgirl

Post by choicestgirl » Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:56 pm

thaaanks! i hope it goes well, he once lived with them as they are his mum and sister! :) so hopefully all will go to plaaaan! i will let you know :P

thanks! :)