weird eye

For all aspects of your rat's health, from prevention, to symptoms, to treatments and veterinary care.
choicestgirl

weird eye

Post by choicestgirl » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:34 am

noticed yesterday that manny has something on her eye.. yesterday i could not fin dher and when i did i touched the part of the hammock where she was (i couldn't see her as she was covered in various bits of bedding etc and she didn't move, there wasn't movement untill a few mins after. this could because they're all nearly two and that she was really comfy, i dont know but when she came out she had somethiing on her eye which looked like a bit of sleep or something.. like we get, but it was still there when i got home. she is still very active when i opened the cage and is fast to come out and see me, she doesn't SEEM to be in any pain but i can't ..really tell, i think i did see her boggle though, which i've never seen any of them do before, is this a sign of discomfort (i know it can be a good thing but i wasn't stroking or anything)

please get back to me, i will see how she is and then take her to the vets anyway but does anyone know what this is?
alan, aimsworth and their children; wipeel, jonas, rat, manny, dotty and speedy. and hagrid the hamster too :)

Daisy & Raydar

Re: weird eye

Post by Daisy & Raydar » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:02 pm

Hiya im not totally sure what this can be but are you sure your rats hasn't scratched it eye? My boys are always scratching there eyes with there nails and this scabbs up. If the rat seems to be in no pain and running around as normal he or she might have just scratched it. Hope this helps... sorry if not but thats what i think but cant tell as have no image. x p.s boggling - rats do this when they are happy / excited so dont worry if your rats does this its a sign they are happy :D
Bill & Ben -» (Chαmpαgne & Chαmpαgne hoodч) boчs ♂
R.I.P MЧ SШEETHEARTS! - Dαisч & Raчdαя♀ - (Agouтi Berksнiяe), Doмino♀ - (Blαck нooded), Snoшч & Snoшflαke♀ - (Albino). Love you all

MistressSadako

Post by MistressSadako » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:11 pm

without being too disgusting about it does it look like she has an injury at all? eyeballs can kind of "pop" and jelly kind of stuff can prodtrude...it couldn't be this could it?
Stacey and the residents of Muse Rattery
Missing all my past ratties :hearts:
North of England Rat Society - next show Saturday 25thJune, Preston

choicestgirl

Post by choicestgirl » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:34 pm

hmm, i will get a photo so you can all see, my other rat dotty seems to have a smaller version of it. i thought it may be a scratch! i will check them over tonight and post a picture when i can, thanks!
alan, aimsworth and their children; wipeel, jonas, rat, manny, dotty and speedy. and hagrid the hamster too :)

PurpleCatti

Post by PurpleCatti » Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:24 pm

If it's a cloudy looking white dot in the centre of the eye I would hazard a guess and say it's a cataract
RIP Manolo, Blahnik, Jimmy, Choo, Sir Bartimus Bumsnake, Harpers, Queen, Oscar, Della, Renta and the rt hon Oscar II.

choicestgirl

Post by choicestgirl » Fri May 01, 2009 3:06 pm

i'ma have another look today, if it is, can anything be done for it?

PurpleCatti

Post by PurpleCatti » Fri May 01, 2009 3:14 pm

There's nothing that can be done with cataracts, but rats don't generally suffer badly with them as their eyesight is so poor anyway
RIP Manolo, Blahnik, Jimmy, Choo, Sir Bartimus Bumsnake, Harpers, Queen, Oscar, Della, Renta and the rt hon Oscar II.

Daisy & Raydar

Post by Daisy & Raydar » Fri May 01, 2009 5:24 pm

Aww hope your ratty gonna be ok :luck: x
Bill & Ben -» (Chαmpαgne & Chαmpαgne hoodч) boчs ♂
R.I.P MЧ SШEETHEARTS! - Dαisч & Raчdαя♀ - (Agouтi Berksнiяe), Doмino♀ - (Blαck нooded), Snoшч & Snoшflαke♀ - (Albino). Love you all