My rat sneezes like a cold that doesn't go away.

For all aspects of your rat's health, from prevention, to symptoms, to treatments and veterinary care.
iadorerats

My rat sneezes like a cold that doesn't go away.

Post by iadorerats » Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:23 pm

Pip, my doe is a faun colour fancy rat, where ever I take her she will do random sneezes. I wouldn't say in sequence but she will sneeze when she is running some where or if she's sat on my shoulder, in her cage etc... Does anyone know what's happening or having the same problem, even a bit of advice? She is about 2 years old-ish :teen:

Thanks very much Iadorerats :luck:
iadorerats-pixie,snacks,trixie,pip. Happy to help and ask...

RetroLemons

Re: My rat sneezes like a cold that doesn't go away.

Post by RetroLemons » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:12 pm

Are there any other symptoms, like snuffles or 'wet' sneezes? I only ask because one of my girls, Pretzel also randomly sneezes genernally often but with 15/30 minutes in between sometimes more. However Im not willing to put her on antibiotics when there are no other symptoms and she seems healthy enough! :D

Of course, when in doubt go to the vet! :luck:
From Rowan and the Fuzzlets! Miss you Kenco, Salt, Pretzel, Delilah, Moony & Bailey :( x
RatPad Hammocks - New hammocks out now! Oh and 20% of pre orders go into the rescue pot ;)
10% of your order going to a rattie rescue every time!

Rach210

Post by Rach210 » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:44 pm

I have a sneezy boy, he has been the same ever since we got him and a check at the vets found no signs of infection. i wouldnt worry too much if he has no symptoms that make you think he is unwell.
Owned by Jack and Charlie my two fatty ratties

iadorerats

Post by iadorerats » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:41 am

RetroLemons wrote:Are there any other symptoms, like snuffles or 'wet' sneezes? I only ask because one of i my girls, Pretzel also randomly sneezes genernally often but with 15/30 minutes in between sometimes more. However Im not willing to put her on antibiotics when there are no other symptoms and she seems healthy enough! :D

Of course, when in doubt go to the vet! :luck:
Yes, it just seems like a cold, that's reassuring she doesn't seem unwell and the same breaks, just random.

Thanks for your support iadorerats :luck:
iadorerats-pixie,snacks,trixie,pip. Happy to help and ask...