help!! iv hurt pooky please help

For all aspects of your rat's health, from prevention, to symptoms, to treatments and veterinary care.
emmad1982

Re: help!! iv hurt pooky please help

Post by emmad1982 » Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:18 am

Awww bless her! Dont feel guilty about it, Ive lost track of the amount of times I have accidentally trodden on tails while my rats have been free ranging, they just tended to sneak up on me, and the first ive know about it is when they have squeaked at me. I then used to give them big cuddles and kisses and lots of scritches, popped them back down and they toddle off to continue investigating!
Glad to hear she's happily using the leg again, it may have been it little sore for a bit, so shes been keeping weight off of it. But definitely a good sign she is happy to use it!

Big scritches to your girly!!
Mum to Hepburn, Captain Jack, Toshiko, Indy, Grace, Penny, Mick, Henry, Castiel & Zachariah
< :3 )~~
:rainbow: To all my babies at the bridge. Mummy loves you and will never forget you xxx :hearts:

Lackis

Post by Lackis » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:01 pm

Really glad Pooky's alright :D we all have little mishaps sometimes! Abigail's foot is looking a lot better today but probably faking it because I made her go to the vet and she didn't want to :wink: got some metacam just incase but she's stopped limping so we think she'll be alright too!
Sasha & Qudo :halo: Maggie & Cassie :halo: Abigail, Matilda & Jupiter :dumbo: Anastacia and Greta! :baby:

<:3 )~~ All your rodents are belong to me <:3 )~~

ratobsessed

Post by ratobsessed » Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:59 pm

Thanks! And good news for abigail as well I'm so glad they are both ok thanks again guys x x
My babies are Pooky, Domino, Scrumpy, Smudge, Buttons, Jinx, Badger and the new additions Dexter and Bruce.

iadorerats

Post by iadorerats » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:33 pm

Jacsicle wrote:Might be worth a trip to the emergency vet even if it's just to get some painkillers for her?
this is the best idea, she needs something and quick! Also if she shares with other rats you may wan't to separate her, it can cause more damage then good...iadorerats & Pip
iadorerats-pixie,snacks,trixie,pip. Happy to help and ask...

HannahJ82

Post by HannahJ82 » Sun Feb 13, 2011 12:58 pm

Just read this and wanted to say glad she's ok and echo others in that we've all done it or something similar. Accidents happen, it's how you deal with it that counts and you did the right thing asking advice so don't feel bad :)
Hannah J

Tiny "Tots", Poe, Seth, Trumpet, Bugle, Sweep, Aniseed, Templeton, Mr Gosh, Vega, Pie, Zero, Pan, Aether, Raggamuffin.
RIP Rocky, Devy, Lump, Aleister, Loki, Jester, Flay, Sooty, Baby.