Strange Noise

For all aspects of your rat's health, from prevention, to symptoms, to treatments and veterinary care.
purple_fluffy_panther

Strange Noise

Post by purple_fluffy_panther » Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:54 am

Trudy keeps making a strange noise. Kind of like a long drawn out squeaky noise. She only does it when shes asleep though, as soon as she wakes up it stops.

Is it some kind of snoring or should I be worried?
Rats: Prue, Piper, Ella, Bella, Trudy
Cats: Tinkerbelle, Rascal and Ebony
Dogs: Rocky
:rainbow: Melody, Cleo, Snowdrop, Bryses

batty_rat

Re: Strange Noise

Post by batty_rat » Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:49 pm

purple_fluffy_panther wrote:Trudy keeps making a strange noise. Kind of like a long drawn out squeaky noise. She only does it when shes asleep though, as soon as she wakes up it stops.

Is it some kind of snoring or should I be worried?
Does it sound like a pigeon cooing?
My Fargo has always done it. I think it's a kind of snoring :lol: His lungs are fine and the vet couldn't explain it...
Rat mum from afar :cry: My boys are up in Scotland being doted on paw and claw.

Hekla: Keep up the good mess making :hearts:
Semper: Don't drive your dad too much up the wall, I need him sane when I see him :lol:
Fargo: Carry on loving :hearts:

purple_fluffy_panther

Post by purple_fluffy_panther » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:49 am

Im not sure, its such a quiet noise. It kind of sounds like someone squeaking a squeaky toy really slowly. Kind of. As soon as she wakes up it stops, I cant work it out lol. Its cute though whatever it is.
Rats: Prue, Piper, Ella, Bella, Trudy
Cats: Tinkerbelle, Rascal and Ebony
Dogs: Rocky
:rainbow: Melody, Cleo, Snowdrop, Bryses

alexella

Post by alexella » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:34 am

Mine do this too. A soft cooing sound. Have done for a while now.

vegan_jen

Post by vegan_jen » Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:07 pm

purple_fluffy_panther wrote:Im not sure, its such a quiet noise. It kind of sounds like someone squeaking a squeaky toy really slowly. Kind of. As soon as she wakes up it stops, I cant work it out lol. Its cute though whatever it is.
This sounds like the noise one of my girls keeps making. It's so odd. Kinda like air expelling from a water bottle, a slow, drawn-out squeak. Like a dog whimpering slowly. I thought it was something outside at first. But today I have found it is Coco. She was scared at the time. When she made the noise she made a visible head movement as if making a call. A bit like they look when they're choking (but she wasn't). Very odd. So far none of the videos or links to videos I have looked at on here have matched the sound. If it's not some kind of fear/alarm call then I can only assume it must be respiratory related-even though I have never heard a noise from that in any of my respy rats! It's such a forlorn sound, kinda heartbreaking :(.
:girly: Jinny, Coco, Shiloh :love:
:rainbow: R.I.P Ratty and Bella, miss your cuddles so much xx
Adopt don't shop :D, millions of animals desperately need a second chance at love; we're all they have :hearts: http://www.abolitionistapproach.com