I think my rat is really ill...

For all aspects of your rat's health, from prevention, to symptoms, to treatments and veterinary care.
Dixiemae

I think my rat is really ill...

Post by Dixiemae » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:23 am

One of my rats is looking really ill at the moment. She is about a year and a few months old now and a few months back we had to take her to the vet to have a tumour removed. However she recovered very well from that and quickly returned to her "normal" self. However in the last few days she has been acting differently and getting progressively worse, right now she is sitting in the cage with her eyes shut. She is also breathing quite irregularly and struggles to walk. Her balance is totally off as well. Her sister had these kind of symptoms yesterday but now seems to be fine however they weren't as bad as this. I'm really worried. Does anyone have any idea what is wrong? Any help or advice would be much appreciated.
Thank you
Dixie Mae

Lackis

Re: I think my rat is really ill...

Post by Lackis » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:26 am

No idea what may be causing this but she sounds ill enough to justify an emergency vet trip, hope she's ok :luck:
Sasha & Qudo :halo: Maggie & Cassie :halo: Abigail, Matilda & Jupiter :dumbo: Anastacia and Greta! :baby:

<:3 )~~ All your rodents are belong to me <:3 )~~

KatieJ

Re: I think my rat is really ill...

Post by KatieJ » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:32 am

The symptoms sound right for a Pituitary Tumour (PT) - if you do a search on the health section you should find lots of info. I really hope it isn't though. And with her sister getting temporary symptoms perhaps it is something else. I really hope it's something she can fight off. Best of luck x
::Katie::
~Wisdom~Bounty~Sparrow~Sunshine~Arfur~Wilson~Deeks~Oakie~