Ipakitine dose for ratty on metacam?

For all aspects of your rat's health, from prevention, to symptoms, to treatments and veterinary care.
batty_rat

Ipakitine dose for ratty on metacam?

Post by batty_rat » Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:15 am

I was looking in the previous threads and saw that you can actually give quite a generous dose of ipakitine as it is quite safe to use. Have I got this right? As I was worried about how on earthe I was going to split the dose if 1g was for every 5kg of body. How much would you goys recommened for a 33 month old on metacam?

Is it also ok to give it to my other boys? I'm not sure of thier kidney function atm but they are both rescues and their age is probably over 18 motnhs, which I would consider as 'old'.

Rat mum from afar :cry: My boys are up in Scotland being doted on paw and claw.

Hekla: Keep up the good mess making :hearts:
Semper: Don't drive your dad too much up the wall, I need him sane when I see him :lol:
Fargo: Carry on loving :hearts:

batty_rat

Re: Ipakitine dose for ratty on metacam?

Post by batty_rat » Sun May 01, 2011 9:24 pm

*bump* :D

Semper: Don't drive your dad too much up the wall, I need him sane when I see him :lol:

purple_vixen

Post by purple_vixen » Wed May 04, 2011 7:30 pm

I'm not sure what the answer is to this. I'm just bumping this in case anyone sees it who can help.

Vix.
'There's more to life than books, you know. But not much more.' - The Smiths, 'Handsome Devil'.

Animal Pics * Pixel Juice the LoLRat * Twitter

AlienRat

Post by AlienRat » Wed May 04, 2011 7:41 pm

What was your boy given metacam for and why does he need ipakitine? Does he have kidney failure?

I wouldn't worry about the younger ones getting it, it is quite safe, you can give up to two spoons a day for a rat who has advanced kidney failure.
Sabby, RitaVonCheese, Jamie, Ethylene, Victor, Hector, Boris, Gunther

RIP: KimoCandyBenjaminNutbagChinaJeremiahChikinCletusMansonDieterCallistaFifiAlfieAliceGeorgeEvaJemimaPEPoxyAmaraTrixiSpookBuddhaMayaBuboDomdom BuffyWillowJeremy.II MicrobeJeremy

batty_rat

Post by batty_rat » Wed May 04, 2011 8:21 pm

AlienRat wrote:What was your boy given metacam for and why does he need ipakitine? Does he have kidney failure?

I wouldn't worry about the younger ones getting it, it is quite safe, you can give up to two spoons a day for a rat who has advanced kidney failure.
Cheers Sabby, My boy is on metacam for his artritic hips, as it inhibits his mobility. We're not sure if he has kidney failure, but we suspect he does as he has a huge amount of protein in his urine...and he's just over 34 months now...