Greater spotted double rex! Purple spray

For all aspects of your rat's health, from prevention, to symptoms, to treatments and veterinary care.
annc

Greater spotted double rex! Purple spray

Post by annc » Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:11 am

Today was my first experience of the panacea called 'purple spray. A couple of nights ago I think someone nipped my old Smeeze - much less fluffy than she was. Today she had a wider scab, although it doesn't look infected However, following guidelines on another forum, I had bought some purple spray.

I carefully looked where the hole was, and aimed this at the scab - not easy with a wriggling rat - BUT the spray was coming out round the neck of the bottle! I now have a very lively Greater Spotted Double Rex Smeeze and a lesser spotted owner, who has vowed that tomorrow she will wear plastic gloves and put a bin bag on my lap.

Is this common with these bottles? I haven't looked lilk this since I treated babies for thrush with gentian violet!
Ann Clifton
Rattie mum to Batgirl,Wingnut,Ratarilda,Easter,Smeeze,Squeakles,Dika,Star,Autumn,Winter,Tinsel, Christmas,Rattifer Ratalie,Badger,Ermine,Belle,Steele,Lightning & Lumiere
Hamster - Chip - Numerous hamsters and ratties at the bridge.

indigoj

Re: Greater spotted double rex! Purple spray

Post by indigoj » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:09 am

From what I remember when I used to use it with my horse, yes that's pretty normal, it gets everywhere!
9 Roans-Comet,Luna,Selene,Twinkle,Hobbit,Evey,Echo,Flash,Splash.2 Black Berkie-Elara,Perdita,2 Black Rex-Lola,Sofia,1 PEW- Tinkerbell,2 Siamese-Saffron,Daisy,2 Half Wild- Indigo,Imbrium, and 2 Parkies-Mink Dumbo-Atomic,Rapture

Athena

Re: Greater spotted double rex! Purple spray

Post by Athena » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:33 am

Yes I always get covered too! For more delicate areas I spray it out into something sterilized and paint it on with a sterile paint brush!
Zero, Penn, Teller, Jareth, Ludo, Sir Didymus, Bowie, Hoggle, Yngwie, Nuno, Dotty, Daisy, Dash, Florence, Josephine and Constance
Hattie's House rat rescue