Dosage of Septrin?

For all aspects of your rat's health, from prevention, to symptoms, to treatments and veterinary care.
RattyRenton

Dosage of Septrin?

Post by RattyRenton » Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:42 am

I've forgotten. Thanks
Heather x
and the Ratties; Marley, Dylan, Ewan, Charley, Dale, Mitch, Milo, Timmy, Archie, Arthur, Bruce and Basil

:rainbow: Thorston, Si, Dave, Roger and George :dumborainbow:

Amzy

Re: Dosage of Septrin?

Post by Amzy » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:13 am

Pretty sure off the top of my head its the same as baytril 0.1ml per 100g of rat
Amy&the girls: Mary Miffy Lily Cupcake Lucky Pickle Dina Seven Fortune Rowena Tianna Leila Aurora Enya Texalina Kiara :dumbogirly: & the boys!: Heinz Branston Hellmans & Dave
Aunty to 30 & Half-Mum to 4 :hearts:

RattyRenton

Post by RattyRenton » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:13 am

Great, thankyou Amy!
Heather x
and the Ratties; Marley, Dylan, Ewan, Charley, Dale, Mitch, Milo, Timmy, Archie, Arthur, Bruce and Basil

RattyRenton

Post by RattyRenton » Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:17 am

Another question, one of my boys has the sneezes, no porphyrin or bad chest that I can hear, just sneezing a lot, is Septrin ok for this?
Heather x

sati18

Post by sati18 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:42 am

it's worth trying but if after a few days there's no change switch to baytril, doxy or another anitbiotic that covers myco. septrin is good for secondary respy infections, but doesn't actually have any effect on mycoplasma. if you can give it in combo with baytril, doxy, zithromax or erythromycin that covers all bases.
Proudly owned by the big boys (Jeff, George & Toby) and the babbies (Sid & Ozzy)
RIP Monty, Emile, Leo, Angus, Otto, Remy and Rafe... mummy misses you every day.