Baytril Dosage

For all aspects of your rat's health, from prevention, to symptoms, to treatments and veterinary care.
Ratty_Rhian

Re: Baytril Dosage

Post by Ratty_Rhian » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:52 pm

Exactly. I don't understand either but she just won't listen and has checked with a senior partner who has told her to stick with the lower dosage. This is why I want to get hold of something along with the LD50 to take along to say that they should be given more as it just seems to be passed on by word of mouth so I need something more concrete as she's found higher dosages in formularies but isn't keen to rely on those even.
Anwen, Ceinwen , Delyth, Hazel, Ruby, Willow :smileyrat:
Astrid, Beth, David, Dora, George, Josephine, Jonathan, Maisy, Mel, Merlin, Patra :rainbow:

Member of the EC!

acapae_wolf

Post by acapae_wolf » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:53 pm

Can you hypnotise her?
*~~Beri~~*
with the ratlings: Orbit, Lanorial, Amdridh, Arkiadera, Esker, Brie, Larka and Foxtrot. Also Anfreda the hamsterling.
:hearts: All those who've moved on

Ratty_Rhian

Post by Ratty_Rhian » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:56 pm

Unfortunately not :). Apart from this issue she seems a competent vet who is trying her best to help me so overall I'm pleased.
Anwen, Ceinwen , Delyth, Hazel, Ruby, Willow :smileyrat:
Astrid, Beth, David, Dora, George, Josephine, Jonathan, Maisy, Mel, Merlin, Patra :rainbow:

Member of the EC!

acapae_wolf

Post by acapae_wolf » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:57 pm

Blast! There goes my master plan :lol:
*~~Beri~~*
with the ratlings: Orbit, Lanorial, Amdridh, Arkiadera, Esker, Brie, Larka and Foxtrot. Also Anfreda the hamsterling.
:hearts: All those who've moved on

velvet_nothing

Post by velvet_nothing » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:04 pm

Can't offer any helpful advice, but I can sympathise with your situation. My little lad Tebay had a chest infection a while back and the vet was very insistent on going with what the book said. She listened to my concerns, but told me to try the lower dose first. Unforunately, her scales were also incorrect and she ignored my suggestion that he was actually heavier (he's a very small boy, but weighs in at about 350g, whereas she had him at about 250g!). It resulted in me being given 0.06ml Baytril to give once a day! I had a little left over from another bottle, so I upped the dose with that and his chest cleared up nicely :wink:

beckie2040

Post by beckie2040 » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:57 pm

I have nothing to add, but would also like a copy of what you're looking for to show my vets - they are a bit stingy with the old baytril, I must say. I doubt they'd disagree with me cos i'm there often enough and they know I know my stuff, but I'd still like to have something to back me up just in case.

I'm off to the vets in the morning to get more Baytril, so if someone could rustle something up before then, it'd be much appreciated :lol:

Luckily my poorly lad is quite small, and they gave me "plenty", so I've had more than enough to get me through the week.