vet in Suffolk?

For all aspects of your rat's health, from prevention, to symptoms, to treatments and veterinary care.
Kim N

vet in Suffolk?

Post by Kim N » Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:52 am

Anyone in Suffolk have a good vet for the ratties they can recommend please?

izzerie

Re: vet in Suffolk?

Post by izzerie » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:20 pm

I would happily recommend The Barn Veterinary Practice in Ipswich. They have two practices- one at Copdock and one further into town. They are a RCVS accredited small animal practice with links to an exotics practice in Colchester for advice on more unusual ratty problems. They don't have a vast amount of ratty knowledge but they are willing to listen and learn and have Colchester to consult as well. They have successfully carried out two castrations and a lumpectomy for me and the prices are incredibly reasonable, probably the cheapest in town.

If you do chose to see them then the best vet for ratties is Helen- she's seen a number of mine and I've been passing on knowledge. She is really good and happy to listen to anything you have to suggest. I would avoid seeing Conner if it's a non-urgent problem as he makes it fairly obvious he doesn't like rats. The other's are all lovely as well though, I just have a personal preference for Helen :) ooo, and Jenny is lovely as well.

Good luck!
Albert, Annie, Matilda, Sidney, Ivan, Mozart, Samson, Pablo, Tabitha, Rose, Violet, Hettie, Billy, Horatio, Flash, Atlas, Bentley
At the bridge: Henry & Rupert

Sidney's Safe House for Rats