2 of mine are being spayed today

For all aspects of your rat's health, from prevention, to symptoms, to treatments and veterinary care.
debzratties

Re: 2 of mine are being spayed today

Post by debzratties » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:51 pm

Glad their back safe and sound, sending lots of get well wishes to them both :love:

I got the call I was waiting for but it wasn't because mine had had surgery, they were meant to be having lump removals
but since losing Poppy last week so sudden, 2 others have got similar symptoms so treating it as a virus for now
just to be on the safe side and was waiting to speak to the vet about it, needless to say they've both been given a
temporary reprieve for now.

Debz :dumbogirly:
Proudly owned by the ratty gang :dumbogirly: Poppy, Brown nose, Sage and seven adorable rescues :love:
Gone but forever in our hearts our special girls :rainbow: Dill, Parsley, Basil, Midge, Whisper and Parsnip :rainbow:

BasilTheRat

Post by BasilTheRat » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:06 pm

acapae_wolf wrote:I'm properly copying you, because my next rats will be bucks, and they're going to be castrated when they're old enough too :lol:
Wow you are copying me! However I was never intending to get my bucks castrated, but was done for aggression and hormonal problems ;)

I do love having a mixed sex group, it is a definite plus side. However I miss the girls being in heat and running around like total nut-cases! Small price to pay for improved health and hopefully longer lifespan though :D
Andy and the ratties: Seven, Kes, Luna, Ada, Orion, Bandit
:rainbow: Janeway, Shandy, Deanna, Izzy, Kira
And the youngest of the family is moving with authority,
Building castles by the sea, he dares the tardy tide to wash them all aside...

sati18

Post by sati18 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:37 pm

Yay so pleased you have them back safe and we all have fingers toes and tails crossed for a speedy recvery :-)
Proudly owned by the big boys (Jeff, George & Toby) and the babbies (Sid & Ozzy)
RIP Monty, Emile, Leo, Angus, Otto, Remy and Rafe... mummy misses you every day.

acapae_wolf

Post by acapae_wolf » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:17 pm

Eep, virus! Goodluck :luck:
BasilTheRat wrote:
acapae_wolf wrote:I'm properly copying you, because my next rats will be bucks, and they're going to be castrated when they're old enough too :lol:
Wow you are copying me! However I was never intending to get my bucks castrated, but was done for aggression and hormonal problems ;)
Hehehe. Mine was a bit opposite order too - the boys have been planned since the spring (although wanted for far longer) :)

They're doing fine thanks. Have a post-op check on Thursday.

Taken about 8hrs post op, Norey

And Arky
*~~Beri~~*
with the ratlings: Orbit, Lanorial, Amdridh, Arkiadera, Esker, Brie, Larka and Foxtrot. Also Anfreda the hamsterling.
:hearts: All those who've moved on

malude

Post by malude » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:20 pm

So glad your girlies are recovering well :D
:love:George, Reuben, Zephyr Brompton Cocktail, Seth & Tate :hearts:
:halo: Daisy Matilda Myrtle Mildred Maud Lucy Mabel Polly Jemima
Ash Murray Martha Eliza Charlie Kit ZephyrRookieOfTheYear Pascoe Iris
:halo:

Cyber Ratty
Fancy Rats Team
Fancy Rats Team

Post by Cyber Ratty » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:37 pm

Lovely neat bellies, so glad they are doing well. :D
Mary x

my websites: Cyber Rats (picture site) / Zephyr Rats (rattery site)
(the star in the avatar is Calypso - r.i.p.)

BasilTheRat

Post by BasilTheRat » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:43 pm

Looks like the vet has done a wonderful job with them! Are they on baytril and metacam? Here's hoping for a speedy recovery :D
Andy and the ratties: Seven, Kes, Luna, Ada, Orion, Bandit
:rainbow: Janeway, Shandy, Deanna, Izzy, Kira
And the youngest of the family is moving with authority,
Building castles by the sea, he dares the tardy tide to wash them all aside...

Alijane

Post by Alijane » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:04 pm

Did they opt for the tummy tuck at the same time? If they ever decide to spay me, I am going to ask for a little bit of extra work ... :lol:

acapae_wolf

Post by acapae_wolf » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:46 pm

They are super neat - and amazinly dridh (same vet) and Esker (other one) were even neater!
Alijane wrote:Did they opt for the tummy tuck at the same time? If they ever decide to spay me, I am going to ask for a little bit of extra work ... :lol:
Almost lol. The vets do hidden surface stitches rather than exposed ones for spays. It means they need a little more skin, and have to shave slightly more, but it pulls it in properly and doesn't give them anything to get their teeth into.
BasilTheRat wrote:Are they on baytril and metacam?
They're on baytril for a bit, and I have metacam to hand should they need it. But they had vetergesic post-op and that's much stronger and lasts for longer, so I've not given them any other painkillers yet. But perhaps tonight when I do baytril/ tomorrow morning in general checks :)
*~~Beri~~*
with the ratlings: Orbit, Lanorial, Amdridh, Arkiadera, Esker, Brie, Larka and Foxtrot. Also Anfreda the hamsterling.
:hearts: All those who've moved on