Swollen/limpy foot

For all aspects of your rat's health, from prevention, to symptoms, to treatments and veterinary care.
pumpkinpie83

Swollen/limpy foot

Post by pumpkinpie83 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:50 am

Saturday morning I went in to check on my boys, I had made them all yummy egg. Rascal wouldn't get up, he is quite lazy when he wants to be.

He eventually got up and he was limping around. When I looked his back left foot was swollen beyond belief. (see picture)

I rushed him to the vets, I thought it was broken at first but the vet thought he may have an infection. They tried to see if they could draw anything off of it but it was just blood, they made tiny slit in the top of his foot to relieve pressure and allow anything to seep out.

When we looked at it this morning it was less swollen than it was, not as red more pink but he had a black line across his foot which to me looks like a bruise. I think he may have got his foot stuck between the runs on the explorer ladder. What do you think?

He was attempting to walk on it last night which was a real improvement in such a short space of time.
To the world you are a rat, but to me you are my world.
I love to hug a hoody!
Penny - Owned by Rocky, Rascal, Wallace and Gromit.
Waiting at the bridge - Reggie, Ronnie, Rizzo & Remy.

Neotoma

Re: Swollen/limpy foot

Post by Neotoma » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:34 pm

Hope he's ok now - it certainly looked nasty (I'm trawling the board bumping response posts :wink: ). If not, then if you give an update people might be able to make more suggestions.
Alison and the horde of squish :smileyrat:

pumpkinpie83

Re: Swollen/limpy foot

Post by pumpkinpie83 » Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:30 pm

yeah it was really odd by sunday Just gone (7th) it was completely back to normal, very odd :o
To the world you are a rat, but to me you are my world.
I love to hug a hoody!
Penny - Owned by Rocky, Rascal, Wallace and Gromit.
Waiting at the bridge - Reggie, Ronnie, Rizzo & Remy.