Ornicure dosage please!!!

For all aspects of your rat's health, from prevention, to symptoms, to treatments and veterinary care.
fatsoratso

Ornicure dosage please!!!

Post by fatsoratso » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:02 pm

Hi - I've got a sachet of ornicure left over from last year but the sticker our old vet put on it stupidly doesn't tell me how to mix up the right dose and I can't remember what I used to give :rollred:

I've got a vet appointment booked with our new vet on Monday but at the moment Ollie is refusing to eat his baytril, no matter what it's hidden in (I've tried *everything*). He's still eating so I thought of putting him on the ornicure instead so that he is at least getting something for his respiratory problems.

I think I gave 0.2mls twice daily of whatever solution I mixed together last year but can't remember how much water to add to how much powder. Ollie weighs about 430g.

Can anyone help me out? I've asked for another vet at the practice to phone me back this afternoon to chat about options but he's in theater all day and unlikely to be available for a while.

acapae_wolf

Re: Ornicure dosage please!!!

Post by acapae_wolf » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:31 pm

A simple search tells me what you used to give :wink:
http://www.fancy-rats.co.uk/community/v ... 4&t=142965
*~~Beri~~*
with the ratlings: Orbit, Lanorial, Amdridh, Arkiadera, Esker, Brie, Larka and Foxtrot. Also Anfreda the hamsterling.
:hearts: All those who've moved on

fatsoratso

Post by fatsoratso » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:50 pm

Oh my goodness... :oops:

I hadn't even thought of doing that. Sorry for wasting your time. I have had so little sleep I'm just not even thinking straight anymore. And to top things off the other of my two rats has just now started wheezing as well. :cry:

acapae_wolf

Post by acapae_wolf » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:52 pm

Hah that's ok. When you're tired and stressed you forget the simple things and panic more (not sure why brains think that helps!) :luck:
*~~Beri~~*
with the ratlings: Orbit, Lanorial, Amdridh, Arkiadera, Esker, Brie, Larka and Foxtrot. Also Anfreda the hamsterling.
:hearts: All those who've moved on