Sparkey ate some of my steroid cream!

For all aspects of your rat's health, from prevention, to symptoms, to treatments and veterinary care.
squitchley

Sparkey ate some of my steroid cream!

Post by squitchley » Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:34 pm

Whilst I was free ranging my ratties today, I was putting my cream on today (its a mild steroid cream called hydrocortizone which I've been using for my allergic reaction to my ratties) and I put it on my bed because they're not allowed up there anymore. Anyway, I lost track of sparkey for a minute whilst I was finishing cleaning the cage, turned around an there she was on my bed, biting into the tube :-| I immediately took it off her and it doesn't look like shed had it for long/had very much of it. I honestly don't know what to do, is it harmful for rats? What should I look out for if it is?

annc

Re: Sparkey ate some of my steroid cream!

Post by annc » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:09 pm

If she only had a little, it should do no harm - it's related to the steroids used on rats - reminds me, Batgirl needs her steroids, which she is tailing off.
Ann Clifton
Rattie mum to Batgirl,Wingnut,Ratarilda,Easter,Smeeze,Squeakles,Dika,Star,Autumn,Winter,Tinsel, Christmas,Rattifer Ratalie,Badger,Ermine,Belle,Steele,Lightning & Lumiere
Hamster - Chip - Numerous hamsters and ratties at the bridge.

acapae_wolf

Re: Sparkey ate some of my steroid cream!

Post by acapae_wolf » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:48 pm

Oops! Rats always somehow get where they're not allowed and eat things that make you worry! I'd keep an eye on them for a day or so, but they should be fine :luck:
*~~Beri~~*
with the ratlings: Orbit, Lanorial, Amdridh, Arkiadera, Esker, Brie, Larka and Foxtrot. Also Anfreda the hamsterling.
:hearts: All those who've moved on