Lump Removal Part Deux! *lots of pics*

For all aspects of your rat's health, from prevention, to symptoms, to treatments and veterinary care.
a_wee_one
Location: From Scunthorpe, now living in Rawcliffe, near Goole

Lump Removal Part Deux! *lots of pics*

Post by a_wee_one » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:23 pm

So our tubby lump isn't having much luck with lumps. So i have had to make her a different design of the sock of shame. This is becasue her lump is on her groin and she can reach it with the standard. I cut up an old trainer sock. Removing the heel and sewed up the bit you put your foot in. I left her holes for going pee pee and poo poo.

Doesn't she look cute? (and hammered - bless her)

Chubbo, Bill, Ted, Bo Diddly, Bo Derek, Brain, Daisy, Ruby, Rusty, Cthulhu, Dagon, Winston, Adrian, Lionel , N'yarlothep, Dotty, Ermintrude, Twiglet, Boo

RIP William, Orinoco, Wellington, Minni, Mabel, Ivy, Maude, Doris, Rico Suavé, Runty Rocky, Pinky

acapae_wolf

Re: Lump Removal Part Deux! *lots of pics*

Post by acapae_wolf » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:35 pm

"The standard"? Standard what? :lol:

All my rats have always been able to reach their op wounds, but that's never been an issue... If one of them did start interfering I'd then take steps to prevent them. But I don't like to restrict by default as a rat keeping itself clean as normal is the best way (along with preventative ABs) to have the wound heal quickly and without issue.
*~~Beri~~*
with the ratlings: Orbit, Lanorial, Amdridh, Arkiadera, Esker, Brie, Larka and Foxtrot. Also Anfreda the hamsterling.
:hearts: All those who've moved on

a_wee_one

Post by a_wee_one » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:37 pm

standard sock of shame which we had to implement last time. she managed to open her wound last time and that was internal stitches and super glue. this time they've just gone for stitches si she keeps bothering them. this is just to keep her off them for a couple of days while the skin knits together. :wink:
Chubbo, Bill, Ted, Bo Diddly, Bo Derek, Brain, Daisy, Ruby, Rusty, Cthulhu, Dagon, Winston, Adrian, Lionel , N'yarlothep, Dotty, Ermintrude, Twiglet, Boo

RIP William, Orinoco, Wellington, Minni, Mabel, Ivy, Maude, Doris, Rico Suavé, Runty Rocky, Pinky

acapae_wolf

Post by acapae_wolf » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:40 pm

Is she on any painkillers? I find if they've been properly dosed up then they have no reason to interfere as they're not bothered by anything. Plus it's fun to laugh at them being out of it. I hate vets that use glue though re. interference and always make sure mine don't with a little note on the consent form lol :lol:

I've never seen a rat wearing a sock before! I hope she's appreciating the stripes.
*~~Beri~~*
with the ratlings: Orbit, Lanorial, Amdridh, Arkiadera, Esker, Brie, Larka and Foxtrot. Also Anfreda the hamsterling.
:hearts: All those who've moved on

a_wee_one

Post by a_wee_one » Fri Aug 05, 2011 6:42 pm

She is currently still a bit doped up bless her. She was marching around on the bed earlier for her photoshoot looking very 'greebo'. :lol:

She is officially the fat goth girl in the stripey tights!