Sneezing Rat

For all aspects of your rat's health, from prevention, to symptoms, to treatments and veterinary care.
princesspea

Sneezing Rat

Post by princesspea » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:23 pm

Our girl Mog is around 14 months and has a tumour in her groin, we are due to have it removed a week on tuesday. But the past few days she has started sneezing, quite a lot really. Her chest sounds fine and they are no chesty noises coming from her. I have just bought some new non bio washing liquid for their hammocks etc as we had run out, so i wasnt sure if it was the fact that we were using different washing liquid or also that we had bought some p@h safe pet bedding which is paper and paper wool flakes for them to pad their houses out with within the past two weeks? I may just email our vet as well as shes due her op soon!?

The crazies :hearts:

Neotoma

Re: Sneezing Rat

Post by Neotoma » Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:29 pm

It could be the start of a resp problem, or it could be a reaction to a change like washing powder. It's not something that can be judged from a description as the symptoms are the same. If the sneezing is persistent (e.g. if it carries on after you've washed her hammocks in something else and changed the bedding), then I would certainly get her chest checked (not all chest problems are audible to us, and also you can have infections that start in the upper airways but move to the lower if untreated). There is also certainly no harm in asking your vet by email as well.
Alison and the horde of squish :smileyrat:

princesspea

Re: Sneezing Rat

Post by princesspea » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:57 am

Thank you, she wheezed once so i put her on baytril and we will keep an eye on her for her op next week!

The crazies :hearts: