Marbocyl - ear infection

For all aspects of your rat's health, from prevention, to symptoms, to treatments and veterinary care.
Anthony

Marbocyl - ear infection

Post by Anthony » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:03 pm

Hey,

i posted a while back about Miles who had a inner ear infection, he was on 10 days of 1/2 of clavaseptin tablets 50mg. It worked but a couple of days ago he started to bleed from his ear again, my vet said that we should try marbocyl (and was extremely offensive... like 18 quid for a 10 day course!) but after looking on her, it's like Baytril. they are 5mg tablets.

Will this work? or should I call for clava again? and if it doesn't work, why not? Just because if it doesn't work I want my money back!

Cheers
Ollie :dumbo:, Oskar :dumbo:, Riley :smileyrat:, Joey :smileyrat:, Rupert :smileyrat: Eska :teen: , Erik :teen: and The baby :dumboteen:, Miles :baby:, Axel :baby:

RIP Louis, Minnie & Ginger <3

Neotoma

Re: Marbocyl - ear infection

Post by Neotoma » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:49 pm

What will work best is going to depend very much on exactly what the bugs are (which is an unknown at present). Your vet is probably thinking that since it has recurred, the original ABs suppressed it but didn't cure it so it's worth trying something else.
Alison and the horde of squish :smileyrat: