Another random question...Sorry

For all aspects of your rat's health, from prevention, to symptoms, to treatments and veterinary care.
MissBlackEyeliner

Another random question...Sorry

Post by MissBlackEyeliner » Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:47 pm

I've got another question about Dylan regarding his castration! He slept all night with the other 5 and he seemed to enjoy the comfort! Even George who he used to terrorize was snuggling up to him in his sore state!

Anyway I'm sorry to be asking loads of questions, but will he be able to free range tonight, or should I limit his actions and keep him on the couch while the others free range?

Thanks

xxx
From Erin
Polo, George, Dylan, Mini, Teddy and Stanley <3 xxx

Play hard on the bridge Brian (02/12/09), Bob (20/01/10), Spoon (13/04/11) and Jacob (28/05/11) xxx

pinkfearie

Re: Another random question...Sorry

Post by pinkfearie » Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:21 pm

When I bought Ian home from denadding, he was eager to be out and cuddled and even boggled as if to say 'I like being comforted' Bring him out for a bit just dont poke his balls like my fella did to poor Ian. Make sure he has no drops and nothing rough to catch his stitches on. Just keep a eye on him, if they did a neat job on his stitches he should be ok.

Jemma

Post by Jemma » Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:33 pm

I would keep free ranging to fairly limited (no climbing up the curtains) but otherwise let him choose his limits, unless he's well dosed up on metacam, if he is he may not be aware of his own limitations
Jemma
Muse rattery
North of England Rat Society - next show Preston 25th June

Neotoma

Post by Neotoma » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:20 am

I always let them pootle like normal as soon as I want to. The only bad things that have ever happened to their stitches have involved them and their teeth :roll: . Therefore I consider maximum distraction a good idea...
Alison and the horde of squish :smileyrat: